Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 251 Posts

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
Gurren Lagann: Most epic anime ever.

"Did that guy just punch that robot straight into another dimension? Falcon punch my ass..."

Gurren Lagann is on Netflix too, but only the first disk is on instant. Y'all should watch that one too. Seriously.

I fixed that for you.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Apparently they are making more Berserk anime that will cover the length of the manga. Now I just have to hope that the manga get's finished before the author dies...

Holy sht...that's uber. Last time I watched or read Berserk was 10 years ago oO. And it's still on...damn. :p

My favorite animes are Monster, Death Note, Code Geass, FMA, Great Teacher Onizuka, X - in no particular order.
Top anime chars: Gutts, Onizuka, L, maybe Naruto but he's too pure to be real, although I dig his dreams :D.

·
Banned
2,505 Posts
I forgot to list my favorites. this travesty must be corrected immediately.

Revolutionary Girl Utena
Baccano!
Omishi Magical Theater: Risky Safety
Durarara!!
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
HeartCatch Pretty Cure! (shut up it's adorable ; u;)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Miyazaki (esp. Spirited Away)
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Summer Wars
Azumanga Daioh
Code Geass
Wolf's Rain
Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann

my list of favorite manga is really long. short version: Amatsuki, Adekan, DOGS, Dolls, Mushishi, Natsume Yuujinchou, Nabari no Ou, Azumanga Daioh, Yotsuba&!, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, Olimpos, Tokage, Tokyo Babylon, X, Yami no Matsuei, FMA, and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Now if only they made an anime of a COMPETENT SMT series.
I would kill for a Nocturne anime. I have no idea how they'd even pull that off, given how much of the game is DUNGEON DUNGEON DUNGEON, but holy shit it would be beautiful.

and ARE YOU DISSING MY P4? BRO YOU DID NOT JUST. >( that game is glorious. although I can't actually be upset with you because you're an SMT fan. and SMT fans are by default pretty awesome people. C:

·
Registered
419 Posts
If you watch shojo-like shows, I guess you could watch something like Shugo Chara, Lryical Nanoha, or Princess Tutu. I recommend the last one over the first two. If you like some fighting with female/feminine main characters, then you could try Neo Angelique Abyss, or Betrayal Knows my Name. Star Driver is a great anime that utilizes mechs and pretty boy transformations - He's called Ginga Bishonen(Galactic Pretty Boy). Eureka Seven is a shonen anime, but it is good, and I can appreciate it better, now that I am rewatching it. The rebuild for NGE is pretty good so far, though I have yet to watch 2.22 and I am still mad about Asuka's name change and demotion. If you like Vampires, check out Shiki or Dance on the Vampire Bund(or however it's spelled). I heard of Bokurano, but I only watched the first episode. I don't watch as much anime as I like, but I don't really want to watch anime either. I'm watching a rather outdated anime right now called Oniisama E. D.Gray-man is good too, though I haven't been able to watch much of it. I would also recommend Kuregahime(Jellyfish Princess) if you like slice of life. Brave Story and Summer Wars are great movies, and I'm thinking about watching Eden of the East next.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I want to watch K-on cause my sister said its really good and I liked Lucky Star (another slice of life one) but my laptop has no sound ;__;

·
Registered
823 Posts
I would kill for a Nocturne anime. I have no idea how they'd even pull that off, given how much of the game is DUNGEON DUNGEON DUNGEON, but holy shit it would be beautiful.

and ARE YOU DISSING MY P4? BRO YOU DID NOT JUST. >( that game is glorious. although I can't actually be upset with you because you're an SMT fan. and SMT fans are by default pretty awesome people. C:
It need not be nocturne specifically. Nocturne is just the third game in the regular series. They could make one that's just part of it's story. Obviously they wouldn't be able to have the viewer decide the ending, which is one of the main points of the series, but they could show it from the perspective of different people fighting for different things, and in a way where everyone has a defensible reason for being on the side they are. And then either have whoever gets their own way question whether they made the right choice, and show the negative aspects of their choices, or possibly even just have an ambiguous cliffhanger ending where you don't see the outcome, and have it be about the people themselves, and about them coming up with different solutions for life's problems.

Not that I don't like Persona 4. It's just that nobody seems to ever like or have played any other game besides it. Maybe if it becomes a show though, I'll have an easier time getting people to partake in the most holy texts. Those who have yet to hear them.

·
Banned
2,505 Posts
It need not be nocturne specifically. Nocturne is just the third game in the regular series. They could make one that's just part of it's story. Obviously they wouldn't be able to have the viewer decide the ending, which is one of the main points of the series, but they could show it from the perspective of different people fighting for different things, and in a way where everyone has a defensible reason for being on the side they are. And then either have whoever gets their own way question whether they made the right choice, and show the negative aspects of their choices, or possibly even just have an ambiguous cliffhanger ending where you don't see the outcome, and have it be about the people themselves, and about them coming up with different solutions for life's problems.

Not that I don't like Persona 4. It's just that nobody seems to ever like or have played any other game besides it. Maybe if it becomes a show though, I'll have an easier time getting people to partake in the most holy texts. Those who have yet to hear them.
Nocturne's the only main-series SMT game I've played so far, unfortunately, which is why I brought it up (and I still haven't finished it yet, ffff. gotta work on the Labyrinth this weekend). The main series is Shin Megami Tensei (the remake of Digital Devil Story + Megami Tensei II), Shin Megami Tensei II (for the SNES), and then Nocturne, right?

I like that idea. Who knows, if the P4 anime is successful enough, we might get an SMT OVA or series of some kind. We can dream, right?

Persona 4 is an excellent gateway drug. I've gotten my roommate (who used to hate turn-based systems) into JRPGs because of it, and my best friend and I are both pretty intense SMT fans because of it. I think your SMT crusade will be pretty effective. C:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Nocturne's the only main-series SMT game I've played so far, unfortunately, which is why I brought it up (and I still haven't finished it yet, ffff. gotta work on the Labyrinth this weekend). The main series is Shin Megami Tensei (the remake of Digital Devil Story + Megami Tensei II), Shin Megami Tensei II (for the SNES), and then Nocturne, right?

I like that idea. Who knows, if the P4 anime is successful enough, we might get an SMT OVA or series of some kind. We can dream, right?

Persona 4 is an excellent gateway drug. I've gotten my roommate (who used to hate turn-based systems) into JRPGs because of it, and my best friend and I are both pretty intense SMT fans because of it. I think your SMT crusade will be pretty effective. C:
The first SMT isn't a remake of digital devil story and II. the remake is it's own thing which was also on super famicom. The main series is SMT, SMTII, Nocturne, and then Strange Journey for DS. They made patches to turn roms of I and II into English, but the first one works so terribly it makes the game literally unplayable, and it freezes once every three seconds. So I've only played II nocturne and SJ.

II was easily the best. Nocturne had a good idea, but it seemed like the people who made it weren't very familiar with the first two games, so it was thematically a little off. Also, dear Lord, the dungeons were so long...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I hardly know a thing about anime. I've tried getting into it, but never really knew where to start. ...So once in a while I'll just watch random episodes here and there on youtube or listen to the music.

...I found this lovely singer on youtube who does anime covers and a lot of Japanese Disney fandubs/songs. Thought I'd share. ...I wuv her ;.;

Chocolat -

Lilium - Elfen Lied -

Little mermaid - Japanese -

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Rec:
- Death Note
- Berserk
- Elfen Lied
- Spawn
- Bleach <-- Starting to get worse.
- Naruto <-- Annoying, but should be seen before Shippuden.
- Naruto: Shippuden <-- Starting to get better.

Reason why I watch Naruto is because I've got nothing better to do. Naruto himself and his friends are annoying. When the main plot in Naruto is done I'm done watching it, just like I am done watching Bleach.

·
Banned
7,928 Posts
Last anime I've seen:
Kuragehime
The World God Only Knows

Kuragehime surprised me most of all the anime that came out at around the same time. Wasn't expecting it to be anywhere near as enjoyable.

No anime really catches my eye anymore, though. It's all fan service and crappy plots.

- Bleach <-- Starting to get worse.
STARTING?
It started getting bad right after they got done with the first arc. It just slowly went downhill the whole time.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts

The Naruto series will end when Kakashi in this gif completes his hand seal.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Holy sht...that's uber. Last time I watched or read Berserk was 10 years ago oO. And it's still on...damn. :p
Yeah, it's been going on for as long as I've been alive! Crazy.

I hardly know a thing about anime. I've tried getting into it, but never really knew where to start. ...So once in a while I'll just watch random episodes here and there on youtube or listen to the music.
One of the first ones I watched was Trigun, I think it's very "western" friendly, and a very good piece of entertainment in it's own right.

Also Hayao Miyazaki (Studio Ghibli) movies are another good place to start. Like "My Neighbour Totoro" or maybe "Howl's Moving Castle". Oh...umm.."Spirited Away" is quite popular too.

·
Banned
7,928 Posts
I just started Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
It's pretty epic!! Got to 18 episodes in one day lol
Looking forward to the rest :D
That was an interesting anime.
Started off boring. Got epic. Turned stereotypical and ended hilariously.

21 - 40 of 251 Posts