Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't decide. Today i made the MMDI test, and I got INFJ.

Because of my OCD tendencies, I NEED to understand which one I fit the most.
Otherwise, the world will be doomed for eternity.

I like both. I'd prefer to be an INFJ rather than a clumsy unorganized lazy messy procrastinator GOOD AT DAYDREAMING.

It's like, if I'm INFJ, maybe I'll finally finish writing a song or two !!

Any insight ?

:heart::tongue:

P.S. despite the humour, this post is serious !

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Just barely got INFP nkng, pretty cool test.

I personally struggle to understand INFP/INFJ mix ups. I've always thought INFJs are easy to distinguish by their efforts to establish harmony through utilizing facts/information about their environment. As INFP, I don't even recognize them. I'm more critical in my Fe if anything.

And my attitude toward self criticisms and whatnot has always been opportunities for growth, while maintaining a gentle confidence in my natural strengths.

Like, in terms of finishing a project, song writing like you say, I'd recognize where my sticking points are in achieving what I want and research insights to help grant leverage toward that goal. Almost shoehorning myself in a sense. Make it easier to grow in my weak spots cuz I know how much I suck at willing myself at a skill I'm inept in.

Maybe this is hard to answer, but do you find yourself entertaining all your options indefinitely or do you like to buckle down on the most effective option and stick with it?

I think you're INFP though. And being aware of testing by now, you may be manipulating answers. (??)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just barely got INFP nkng, pretty cool test.

I personally struggle to understand INFP/INFJ mix ups. I've always thought INFJs are easy to distinguish by their efforts to establish harmony through utilizing facts/information about their environment.
Well, I don't think I do that then.... I go with the flow of my mood, and I read feelings and intentions of the people around me. That's what I do.

Maybe this is hard to answer, but do you find yourself entertaining all your options indefinitely or do you like to buckle down on the most effective option and stick with it?
Not hard at all. It's paralysis by analysis plus fear of not achieving a GLORIOUS outcome in my song-writing.
I gravitate towards different musical instruments as well, chronically switching between one or another, in a Neurotic way I think.

To be more specific, I've got 2 ways of 'writing' music. One is quickly sketching an idea, and call it a song, that's it.

The other way, is writing a song, listening to it, changing a thing, changing its structure, make another arrangement, then maybe change the melody.... all of this, until I'm so tired of the song, I'll never work on it again and pass to the next.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you're INFP though. And being aware of testing by now, you may be manipulating answers. (??)
I tried to answer in the most honest, unbiased way possible. But yeah, it's possible that I spotted the most INFPish stereotypes / behaviours in the questions and bypassed them somehow......

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just did the 16personalities test, tried to be as honest as I could, and scored INFJ - T.

Is it possible that some work experiences I had during the last year made me change my personality ?

I scored a 54% Judging over 46% Perceiving.

To be honest, I identify in the results.

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,630 Posts
I'd prefer to be an INFJ rather than a clumsy unorganized lazy messy procrastinator GOOD AT DAYDREAMING.
...but...but...but...but...but....... Why don't you just call yourself an ISTJ and be done with it!!

Anyway, have you read this article? https://personalityhacker.com/infp-vs-infj/ (Don't worry, it has a chart at the bottom!)

Do you know any certified INFPs and INFJs offline to see which ones you get more annoyed with?

I get into arguments with INFJs sometimes, and it has to do with Fi-Ne vs Ni-Fe. I want to use Ne to verbally explore the possibilities, and the INFJ wants to dive in very deep to one option (Ni) and presents it in a very Extraverted Judging way that I don't like. (That's Judging, not judging.) We hit it off great, but there's a point in debate when we disagree and the best solution (for me) is to take a short break and resume later. Otherwise the conversation can get so inflamed because we literally cannot understand each other. We are complimentary, but not the same. Not the slightest bit!!

I don't get into as many arguments with INFPs. Arguing with an INFP to change them is a lost cause—and why would I want to do that anyway? It seems to work for them even though it may not be how I would do it. If I was them, maybe I would do it the same way! I generally find other INFPs to be humorous and a welcome diversion. If they do frustrate me, it isn't for very long.

I hope you can glean some insight from this, The EyeSTJ ;) ;)

Reactions: The Eye

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll read the article and let you know.
All I can say to discuss your point, is I never debate.... I just let people state their view, and nod my head in agreement, and keep my opinion to myself. Unless of course they're criticizing me, then it's open fire :)

The only INFJ I vaguely know seems very similar to me on the outside, (artistic) but he also seems more 'mono-thematic' compared to me. I play many instruments, he does ONE thing. I can do many, like I've got 3-4 different personalities.

sounds very INFP, right ?

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,630 Posts
It does sound very INFP. The diversification, the selection of your battles, and the quote in your signature.

Well, as I always say, if you're in de-Nile, watch out for crocodiles!

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
I'll read the article and let you know.
All I can say to discuss your point, is I never debate.... I just let people state their view, and nod my head in agreement, and keep my opinion to myself. Unless of course they're criticizing me, then it's open fire :)
This does indeed sound stereotypically 'Fi' - they tend to sorta let people be - live and let live - not really concerned with winning people over to their side, or trying to get people to 'see the light', so to speak.

The only INFJ I vaguely know seems very similar to me on the outside, (artistic) but he also seems more 'mono-thematic' compared to me. I play many instruments, he does ONE thing. I can do many, like I've got 3-4 different personalities.

Can you play multiple instruments well, though?

I can play guitar, piano, drums, bass, a little sax, etc you get the point - I can play basically every instrument and I can sing.
The only ones I'd ever consider telling anybody about and demonstrating, are guitar and vocals - any chance the INFJ you know just feels comfortable with the one?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This does indeed sound stereotypically 'Fi' - they tend to sorta let people be - live and let live - not really concerned with winning people over to their side, or trying to get people to 'see the light', so to speak.

Can you play multiple instruments well, though?
yes I'm a guitar player first, then I can fiddle with keys bass and electronic instruments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts