Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started threads of intuitive tests before :tongue:

Now I'll start another one. This time, in the form of questions.

1. Do you think as time progresses in her life, Izzie will be more extroverted/ more introverted or still the same in terms of that aspect?

2. How do you think Lad will most likely act in a social gathering filled with interesting looking people?

I'll answer the second one first.. I think it takes him one second or a few seconds to pick up cues from people's facial expressions and then he will try to think up conversation starters from a unique box in his mind. What's important to him is that he has to appear as interesting as possible, thinking up something that others might not have expressed before.

But then again, that's one of his ways. I'm not sure. In real life, he's like a chameleon. Lol.

Lad, if you read this my child, don't thou feel insulted. I am merely honoring your presence and find you something for me to laugh at a lot.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Sometimes I wonder if I should send you a full sized poster of me that you can put on the ceiling above your bed. I'll be the first and last thing you see every morning and night.

As for you,
1. Do you think as time progresses in her life, Izzie will be more extroverted/ more introverted or still the same in terms of that aspect?
If you're single for an extended period of time I can see you at the same level of introversion, but expressive through other avenues (ie: these forums, blog, etc). I think you'll crack if you stick with this lifestyle for too long though, I believe you're naturally a people person.

If you're dating, and naturally close, I imagine you'll have strong moments of being introverted -together- (lazy days together, escapist- retreats, and so on). but for the most part I imagine you'll go out a lot more. I can see you as a bit of a show off, and when you're happy that means everyone else needs to be too. I wouldn't be surprised if you're the type to light a fire under everyones belly, but sometimes to a point of being obnoxious (unintentionally).

Reactions: Raichan

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sometimes I wonder if I should send you a full sized poster of me that you can put on the ceiling above your bed. I'll be the first and last thing you see every morning and night.

As for you,

If you're single for an extended period of time I can see you at the same level of introversion, but expressive through other avenues (ie: these forums, blog, etc). I think you'll crack if you stick with this lifestyle for too long though, I believe you're naturally a people person.
Interesting, why do you think I'm a people person?

If you're dating, and naturally close, I imagine you'll have strong moments of being introverted -together- (lazy days together, escapist- retreats, and so on).
I like it when my partner and I are ''in our own world''

but for the most part I imagine you'll go out a lot more. I can see you as a bit of a show off, and when you're happy that means everyone else needs to be too.
Fuck *embarassed*

I wouldn't be surprised if you're the type to light a fire under everyones belly, but sometimes to a point of being obnoxious (unintentionally).
Yes I think I have been obnoxious to a lot of people.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I know I don't know you well at all, haha, but I tend to think you're a people person as well. I think it's because you're very prolific on the boards, and seemingly talkative and engaging. You just seem to enjoy interacting with others. Of course, this might not apply in "real life" - I'm much more social in real life than I am on the internet. In fact, this is the only forum or whatever, other than Facebook, that I'm on.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the thing is..I'm very expressive in words. With people I'm close to, I spammed their mobile phones and emails 1000x worse than on forums (no joke)

But..when it comes to face-to-face interaction, that's a different story :unsure:

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
You seem to be good at juggling people, you have a natural curiosity that a single person can never really appease (as they may have other commitments and won't always be available). Thus you'll strike up another person in that meantime. You're kind of a social-whore :D.

For comparison purposes, I can strike up a convo with just about anyone, but sometimes I may just be placating. The only exception is if I catch a scent of something interesting from somebody, then I'll probe just to see what I can find. For the most part though, I'm mostly apathetic and uninterested -- meaning I'm not a true people person.

You on the other hand, will meticulously follow an ant to its mound just through sheer fascination, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You seem to be good at juggling people, you have a natural curiosity that a single person can never really appease (as they may have other commitments and won't always be available). Thus you'll strike up another person in that meantime. You're kind of a social-whore :D.

For comparison purposes, I can strike up a convo with just about anyone, but sometimes I may just be placating. The only exception is if I catch a scent of something interesting from somebody, then I'll probe just to see what I can find. For the most part though, I'm mostly apathetic and uninterested -- meaning I'm not a true people person.

You on the other hand, will meticulously follow an ant to its mound just through sheer fascination, if that makes sense.
You are right about the curiosity and exploring part. I sometimes will ''follow an ant to its mound just through sheer fascination'' and I guess some people have thought of me as nosy haha.

But to be honest even when I am in relationships, I have the tendency to people explore. It drove my guys nuts, to be honest!

The thing is, I tend to people explore but as I analyze people and phenomenon, I just let myself remain in the background. Honestly, at social gatherings, I don't talk as much as I do in electronic communication. I can be surprisingly quiet and secretly analytical, to be honest.

Eeek *I sense someone might put me on the 'she's a creep' list*

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I can be surprisingly quiet and secretly analytical, to be honest.
If you honestly feel that's a cleverly disguised secret then you must be terrible at hide and go seek :D.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I mean, face to face, it's not like I say,''hey you know what I'm analyzing you'' :dry: My online persona is quite different from my persona in reality, I am just much more expressive with strangers when online..I don't know if that's a good thing.

Overall, the most accurate parts of Lad's analysis

1)That I explore too much (that I follow an ant to its mound just through sheer fascination), which, by the way, happens regardless of my relationship status.
2) That I tend to come off as obnoxious (yes I do. I tend to have very little consideration when I spam the mobile phones and emails of people closest to me)
3) I enjoy periods of introversion with a loved one or partner
4) Whenever I am really happy, I suddenly feel it a duty to drag a lot of other people into happiness (I don't know why, I know it makes me seriously obnoxious)

I am very aware of my inappropriate social behavior, I admit my bad habits are very hard for me to get rid of..

Debatable part of Lad's analysis

1) I'm a people person/ social whore

Huh? I'm not sure about it because;

I tend to be happier and show my true self more often with a few friends I click with rather than in large groups,
I don't talk that much in social gatherings and parties unless there are people I feel comfortable with,
In outside reality I often project an image of appearing trusting and naive but I don't trust easily.

So overall, Lad, I think you are very good when it comes to taking up cues from speech and language,etc.. You are very speedy in that, but you need to pick up from the not so obvious cues more often :crazy:

And why is this all about me?

Question 2 is about Lad!!! *points at him*

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Debatable part of Lad's analysis

1) I'm a people person/ social whore

Huh? I'm not sure about it because;

I tend to be happier and show my true self more often with a few friends I click with rather than in large groups,
I don't talk that much in social gatherings and parties unless there are people I feel comfortable with,
In outside reality I often project an image of appearing trusting and naive but I don't trust easily.

So overall, Lad, I think you are very good when it comes to taking up cues from speech and language,etc.. You are very speedy in that, but you need to pick up from the not so obvious cues more often :crazy:

And why is this all about me?

Question 2 is about Lad!!! *points at him*
Cute izzie, but you went by your definition of what a people person was and not by my definition, which I mentioned earlier. As a refresher, both you and I can interact with people, but I -generally- have different feelings behind it, often apathetic and uncaring, thus I'm not -really- a people person.

You have an exploratory personality which tries to seek an understand. You generally thrive on social interaction, but that doesn't mean you're the life of the party either. I wouldn't be surprised if you have a tendency to smother people that you have close ties with. Nonetheless, your -desire- for interaction makes you a people person.

In cruder terms,
there are sluts and there are closet sluts. The former will go out and hook up with anyone and do virtually anything, while the latter will usually just share that side with people they're close with. In the end though, they still have a strong sexual side and that's why they still share a similar title even though they project it in different ways.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cute izzie, but you went by your definition of what a people person was and not by my definition, which I mentioned earlier. As a refresher, both you and I can interact with people, but I -generally- have different feelings behind it, often apathetic and uncaring, thus I'm not -really- a people person.

You have an exploratory personality which tries to seek an understand. You generally thrive on social interaction, but that doesn't mean you're the life of the party either. I wouldn't be surprised if you have a tendency to smother people that you have close ties with. Nonetheless, your -desire- for interaction makes you a people person.

In cruder terms,
there are sluts and there are closet sluts. The former will go out and hook up with anyone and do virtually anything, while the latter will usually just share that side with people they're close with. In the end though, they still have a strong sexual side and that's why they still share a similar title even though they project it in different ways.

Ahh okay, sorry, got it. :crazy:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am trying to break out of (fight from) my old patterns of being too clingy though (as apparent a gozillian times in this forum)..I don't like my old self that much. I have to stand on my own more often from now on.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I am trying to break out of (fight from) my old patterns of being too clingy though (as apparent a gozillian times in this forum)..I don't like my old self that much. I have to stand on my own more often from now on.
There's nothing wrong with feeling a certain way, but the way we try to fill in that void may be a problem. The easiest solution is to act impulsively to get whatever it as as soon as possible. However, this can often be too much for the other party and is usually just a temporary high for the instigator.

So for example, someone with severe self esteem issues may go out and rape somebody. While self esteem issues are unfortunately common, there are numerous ways to condition ourselves into a better mindset. The only problem is that people are not always aware of these other avenues of treatment or may be in a stage of denial. Therefore, some just go for that immediate form of gratification (self harm, abuse, etc).

As far as I'm concerned, if you're aware of a problem and you actually acknowledge it's something you have to work on, then you've just about won the battle already. :D.

If you want an honest recommendation, I would consider just making yourself busy. That doesn't mean work 4 jobs, but try to do things you can relax, accomplish something, but also interact with like-minded people. One example would be volunteer work, another could be religious practice. There are countless things you can do.

I'm going to kick myself in the ass to do some volunteering. I have a little too much time on my hands, so I'm applying for a crisis hotline. Hopefully no one falls in love with my voice, rawr rawr.

Reactions: Raichan
1 - 14 of 14 Posts