Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes the title was on purpose...

Ok, now to it. I've taken a lot of these MBTI and enneagram tests, and I seem to fluctuate between INTP and INTJ. So I'd love to see what you guys and gals think:

1. I really do not like people; I find them irrational, overly emotional, for the most part lacking in common sense, and above all inefficient.

2. My wardrobe consists of 1 pair of black khakis, 2 pairs of tan khakis, 5 dress shirts (worn with the sleeves rolled up), 2 polos and a torn up pair of jeans I use when I am working on cars or hiking. I wear shirt stays to keep my shirt neatly tucked in and I shine my shoes. Every day.

3. I get fiercely upset when people are late. I also don't like obnoxious people. Or loud people. Or people that talk about their personal life on the bus. Don't get me wrong, I am very charismatic and polite, say please and thank you, smile when people talk to me. I'm not socially awkward (though I miss social cues at times), but all I can think about is how much I want to get home and away from all of these people

4. I spent the whole 1 hour bus ride home thinking of exactly what I was gonna type, and when I'm done with this, I'm gonna correct every spelling and grammar mistake, to ensure what I am typing is as succinct and precise as possible

5. I'm an atheist, and while I logically understand the function of religion (and emotions for that matter) to humans, it is a completely irrational and concept that I never understood (even as a child).

6. When I am doing something, whether its a team effort or not, I want to be the one in charge; It comes back to the whole "people are inefficient and irrational" thing and I want what I'm working on to be perfect. Other than that, I like to sit in the background and let other people "lead" (note the quotation marks...).

7. I have a major superiority complex, and coupled with an IQ of 140 (I know it's not that high, but still) I have a difficult time dealing with people that act stupidly.

8. I actually like to help people. Only if they are truly trying to learn. I have no issues at all answering questions, and all of my friends refer to me as "Mr. Fix-it". What I can't stand is when someone asks me something like "do you know what time the bus comes?" (sorry about all the bus examples, but that is where most of my human interaction takes place) when I am literally leaning on the post with the schedule on it.

9. I like kids. Specifically kids age 6-12. *queue pedobear jokes* What I mean by that is I can be around them because they are sponges for information, but still don't have the attitude that teens have, and I can communicate with them unlike infants.

10. No topic of humor is off limits; rape, incest, necrophilia, racist jokes (I'm black), religion, eugenics... You name it. I'm game.

11. I REALLY can't stand it when people ask me if I wanna go somewhere and want a response on the spot. I'm sorry, I don't know if I wanna go to the beach later on today. I have to think about it. Now leave me alone.

12. I really enjoy nature. A lot. I love to hike, go for walks on the beach, etc.

13. I quit addictions cold turkey. Alcohol, Rx drugs, cigars, cigarettes, and now pot. Once I realize rationally that I'm addicted, I go cold turkey. And I never relapse.

14. When I feel an emotion, I detach and analyze myself. Come to think about it, the only thing that I can't compartmentalize is physical pain. Emotions, hunger, desires (even sexual) can all be turned on or off at a moment's notice. As I write this, I haven't eaten in 2 days. And I'm not hungry. Well, I am, but I "shut it off", so it is of no importance.

So, now that I've revealed half of my personal life to you (easier than talking with a stranger about the weather or some shit, I tell ya...) what do you think?

INTP or INTJ?

and my enneagram is a 5.

Thanks.

x01660

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
As I was reading that, all I could think was enneagram5enneagram5enneagram5.

You seem like an INTJ to me, but I'm no expert.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's really interesting... What are some of the characteristics of INTJ's that INTP's don't have, or vice versa?

x01660

·
Banned
395 Posts
I've read that INTP's are pretty disorganized and often late...
Anyway, I'm terrible at typing and don't really know much about any type but INTP (and even with that I don't know too much).

Not sure if you saw this, but it might help out some more.

·
Registered
821 Posts
None of that is particularly helpful. Are you more directive or more informative in your communication style? How comfortable are you at interrupting what somebody is doing to do something for you? In an argument, do you tend to change positions or try to find common ground or are you more likely to stand your ground and fight to the death even if, possibly, you know you're wrong? Which do you find more interesting, designing or planning?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've read that INTP's are pretty disorganized and often late...
Anyway, I'm terrible at typing and don't really know much about any type but INTP (and even with that I don't know too much).

Not sure if you saw this, but it might help out some more.

I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I am ex military. But looking at how I am when I don't have deadlines, I am one of the most laid back people you'll meet. I sit in my "command center", play video games, chat with friends on the phone, then fix stuff for my friends when they come over. I dunno...

x01660

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1. Are you more directive or more informative in your communication style?

I am more informative. I have a tendency to provide too much information when someone asks me a question, because I want them to know all of the relevant information.

2. How comfortable are you at interrupting what somebody is doing to do something for you?

I hate it. I won't interrupt someone unless it's absolutely necessary. I know how pissed I get when someone interrupts my train of thought, so I never do it to anyone.

3.In an argument, do you tend to change positions or try to find common ground or are you more likely to stand your ground and fight to the death even if, possibly, you know you're wrong?

No. When I am wrong, I am the first to admit it. Even before the other person comes to the realization that I'm wrong. (this happens A LOT...)

4. Which do you find more interesting, designing or planning?

I find both equally satisfying. Though when I finally do decide to get off my 4th point of contact and do something, I want to do it by myself because I feel that everyone else is going to be inefficient.

x01660

·
Registered
270 Posts
All I learned is that you were contradicting yourself when you said you'd perfect your grammar after you finished typing, but then I read "gonna". You were also contradicting yourself when you hate when people talk about their lives, but that's basically what you did. That's where my on and off "J" comes in. Don't take that too seriously, though.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I wrote gonna on purpose in order to "lighten things up". And I hate having to listen to it. I would never air my own life to the world unless it was to find the answer to a question that I have. Hence my thread.

And no worries; you're an INTP. Of course you'll see the contradictions. I knew that as I was typing. Kinda like my title... :)

x01660

·
Registered
821 Posts
1. Are you more directive or more informative in your communication style?

I am more informative. I have a tendency to provide too much information when someone asks me a question, because I want them to know all of the relevant information.

2. How comfortable are you at interrupting what somebody is doing to do something for you?

I hate it. I won't interrupt someone unless it's absolutely necessary. I know how pissed I get when someone interrupts my train of thought, so I never do it to anyone.

3.In an argument, do you tend to change positions or try to find common ground or are you more likely to stand your ground and fight to the death even if, possibly, you know you're wrong?

No. When I am wrong, I am the first to admit it. Even before the other person comes to the realization that I'm wrong. (this happens A LOT...)

4. Which do you find more interesting, designing or planning?

I find both equally satisfying. Though when I finally do decide to get off my 4th point of contact and do something, I want to do it by myself because I feel that everyone else is going to be inefficient.

x01660
That strikes me as more INTP. How about your N? ISTPs can often seem split between the two.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you sure you're not just a confused ESFP? You know.. kind of like this picture:

Imposter!

Ha!! My room mate (and love interest) is an ENFJ. Her non stop emotional roller coaster and wanting to always go do something is driving me up the wall... Or was this a joke and, once again, I didn't pick up on it?

x01660

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That strikes me as more INTP. How about your N? ISTPs can often seem split between the two.

That's a good question; I always make connections to things in my head primarily, but I can also be VERY aware of my surroundings. For instance, I was in the middle of an intense battle in Halo Wars when the TV streaming from my other xbox stopped. My room mate and his girlfriend were in the room, and they told me that the show stopped playing 5 minutes ago, and that they had been staring at me for 2 minutes. Didn't even notice. On the other hand, I'll be in a dead sleep, and if an unfamiliar car drives by outside, I instantly wake up because I didn't recognize the sound of the engine.... It's weird...

x01660

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Just chill here for a minute and see how you like it...immediate answers aren't necessary. Put it off for a bit. Really, who gives a flying f***? Your life won't change tomorrow regardless.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I identify as an INTP. I think. But I'm not sure. I keep analyzing my own behavior and I am getting mixed answers. It's profoundly annoying. I'm able to analyze and categorize everything except for myself. I just don't know...

And I love it here; especially the humor and the brutal honesty. It's refreshing. I get so sick of people's sensitivity to stuff. And don't EVEN get me started on "political correctness". What a crock of shit. If the person is fat, then they're fat. Not "overweight" or "fluffy". They're fucking fat. Retarded people are retarded, there are ugly children, etc...

x01660

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh god, yet another mistake of ~which letter am I?~

INTJs and INTPs are very different.

Please read this article I wrote about Mark Zuckerberg:

MBTI Misconceptions, Mark Zuckerberg - INTJ or INTP?

This part:

"INTJs, being Introverted Feelers, are more prone to look serious. They don’t express themselves as easily and as explosively as Fe and they often have that deep analysing look. This does not mean, however, that they are less of a feeler. They are just more reserved about their emotions.Hope that helps!"

Makes me think I'm an INTJ; I ALWAYS looked pissed off unless I'm listening to music. Then I have the goofiest grin on my face...

x01660

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
However, at the same time, you posted this:

Can you see how he pauses every few seconds? That is the biggest give away for an Introverted Thinker. He gathers information in his head, forming the answer before he expresses it. Whereas for an Extroverted Thinker would likely to keep talking, actively processing his thoughts out loud and may fumble over his words as he speaks.

I do this all the time. Rather, I literally tell the person I'm talking to: "give me a minute to think about how I'm gonna say what I wanna say." And I'll literally stop, think for a couple of seconds, then say it as precisely and succinctly as possible.

x01660

·
Registered
39 Posts
There's a bunch of "literature" on the interwebs, but I found the table here INTJ vs INTP to be pretty helpful..at the bottom of the page, you'll find a link to the INTJ forum threads about INTJ vs INTP.
I had a very close friend in college who tested INTJ. Some differences between us:

1) While we were both internet junkies, he seemed to have no problem going to bed at a reasonable hour every night. I would usually stay up until 3 or 4 AM.

2) He did not really procrastinate, and would spend a lot of time working on and perfecting his assignments. I, on the other hand, would put everything off until the last minute, despite the fact that I would get into whatever I was doing once I started working on it. It was the "starting" part that would really drive me nuts. Spending a semester working on my senior thesis was a nightmare!

3) He was much more assertive and confident about his positions on various public policy issues, and had a pretty impressive cache of well-thought out arguments he would bring along to any social gatherings. I would be just as likely to argue either side since I didn't care much about the actual issue but rather the logic behind people's arguments in favor or against.

4) He already had a definitive plan about what he wanted to be/achieve in life and how to go about doing it. I have changed my mind countless times, and am still unsure about what I want to do. I guess this tendency can be traced back to preference for thinking over doing..I have no problem sitting here and just thinking about stuff..my INTJ friend always had to be doing something with his knowledge.

5) I've read that INTJs, while not caring much about being "leaders," will still step in and take over if absolutely necessary. INTPs are more inclined to just say "fuck it" and walk away since they seem to possess 0 desire to lead. I certainly fit into the latter category and Mr. INTJ (surprise!), the former. For instance (kind of a silly example), if our group of friends (yes, friends!) couldn't decide what to do on a friday night, my INTJ friend would be more inclined to eventually step up and say "We are going to Place X," while I would just sit there quietly, frustrating-ly muttering about how indecisive and annoying my friends can be.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts