Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want INFP's to participate..

NUMBER ONE RULE 1# OF THIS THREAD:

Answer as CONFIDENTLY and as CREATIVELY as possible. The art of elaboration is not pollution, it is a gift.

I don't want to hear us being hard on ourselves in this thread, we've done that enough!

Screw the people who think we're not intelligent enough, because we are. Our creative processes and unique insights make us intelligent enough, but we're often overlooked.

Hey if other types can find strengths in their strengths without seeming to be ashamed of it, why can't we?

Anyway..

What do you like about being INFP?

I like that I value certain emotions that appear to be overlooked. For example, people seem to underestimate the depth and importance of ''this just feels right'' feeling. I value subtle emotions, gestures and even the subtle signs in life, and now I realize that placing such creative, courageous value is a great gift. I don't see as attempting to keep in touch with your inner child, with your longing for peace, with your questioning of things in the physical reality as weak. I see those things as beautiful, and necessary to be balanced with a strength of believing in yourself and human reasoning.

I like that I often try as hard as possible to keep in touch with my heart and soul, and not always let my mind forget who I really am at the core. I try not to get too off the ground, I just try to find balance because I believe balance is important without losing sight of what matters to you in your inner world.

As they say happiness and inspiration are an inside job, I believe that, I believe that we have the power, but we have to figure out the significant keys to believing in ourselves.

I like that I am intuitive, and I often know about things before they come to the surface without the need to go through careful reasoning. I like that I am creative and can express myself greatly in written words.

How do you observe people?

I internalize greatly when I observe people. I pay attention to what happens to my feelings at both the subtle and deep level when I look into their eyes, listen to what they have to say or read the words they have typed online. I often trust my intuition as a powerful tool, sometimes as though it is a moving force all on its own.

I am a person with highly subjective inner nature and outwardly moderate behavior, those two things combine to make a balanced individual even though I am socially reserved.

What do you like/appreciate very much in life that you hope will help lead you to a greater future?

I like to study, analyze and make subjective conclusions from things that are considered unusual. I often find myself attracted to what may be of highly unique and overlooked nature. I store away what I learn so that in the future I might be able to make better conclusions and then introduce newer, fresher and more different perspectives that most people may not consider before. It is still a highly evolving and sometimes scary journey, being an idealist and wondering if people might take you seriously, but it's a wonderful adventure!

I hope I'll be a better writer and hopefully someday make people see why it's important to be more balanced in both the highly personal and political arenas of the world.

How do you think you can be more confident in yourself if you're still struggling?

Yes I still struggle very hard, because I grew up feeling completely different from everyone else, even the people I love the most and eevn my whole family.

I think a way for me to be more confident in myself is to just not only accept, but embrace my eccentric side and stop questioning too much, because at the end of the day, I cannot be a carbon copy of someone else's fixed thoughts and personalities.

I still question a lot, but I'm trying not to.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
A simultaneously skeptical, thoughtful mind and a capacity for uniqueness and creativity, and a strong moral core, incorruptible.
When I was younger, I used to hang back socially or play the ISFJ (invisible, silent, but in the center of things), so I could really observe human beings, and then I would take notes and put them in fictional stories. Now, I am studying anthropology, psychology, and philosophy, so I apply my observations differently, and the kind of observation I do tends to be more participatory, but the concept is still the same.
What do you like/appreciate very much in life that you hope will help lead you to a greater future?
I love school. I love learning things. And the people there are so very kind. I think the way I will ultimately find my career once I leave school is that my contacts from college are going to get me one! :crazy:

Reactions: Hammerhand

·
Registered
299 Posts
A simultaneously skeptical, thoughtful mind and a capacity for uniqueness and creativity, and a strong moral core, incorruptible.

When I was younger, I used to hang back socially or play the ISFJ (invisible, silent, but in the center of things), so I could really observe human beings, and then I would take notes and put them in fictional stories. Now, I am studying anthropology, psychology, and philosophy, so I apply my observations differently, and the kind of observation I do tends to be more participatory, but the concept is stillt he same.

I love school. I love learning things. And the people there are so very kind. I think the way I will ultimately find my career once I leave school is that my contacts from college are going to get me one! :crazy:
Damn, this is scary. Get out of my head you maniac!:crazy:

·
Registered
51 Posts

I actually like the strong emotions when I'm by myself. I didn't realise that others might not have them until I heard about MBTI. Now I've also learned how to feel some of them whenever I want! It's so cool and I just can't help it. I've got a few different ways to do it. I can find some videos about the tsunami that hit South-East Asia a few years ago or I can watch the planes hitting the twin towers on 9/11. I once showed those videos to my girlfriend but as I was watching them with her, I suddenly found it hard to talk without a shaky voice. I wanted to share my feelings with her but I couldn't even tell her how it made me feel. I don't think she felt what I felt or even noticed what I was feeling. Anyway I know some scenes in some movies and some books can trigger those emotions too. I'm happy to be able to feel them when I don't have to worry about anyone else's reaction to it.

The other questions are harder. I haven't really thought about those but I have to say that izzie's answers look very concise. How many years have you been thinking of this stuff? :)

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually like the strong emotions when I'm by myself. I didn't realise that others might not have them until I heard about MBTI. Now I've also learned how to feel some of them whenever I want! It's so cool and I just can't help it. I've got a few different ways to do it. I can find some videos about the tsunami that hit South-East Asia a few years ago or I can watch the planes hitting the twin towers on 9/11. I once showed those videos to my girlfriend but as I was watching them with her, I suddenly found it hard to talk without a shaky voice. I wanted to share my feelings with her but I couldn't even tell her how it made me feel. I don't think she felt what I felt or even noticed what I was feeling. Anyway I know some scenes in some movies and some books can trigger those emotions too. I'm happy to be able to feel them when I don't have to worry about anyone else's reaction to it.

The other questions are harder. I haven't really thought about those but I have to say that izzie's answers look very concise. How many years have you been thinking of this stuff? :)
Sorry about 9/11 (I am a Muslim)

Years? Err..I don't know what you mean, I just write like that.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Sorry about 9/11 (I am a Muslim)
Izzie... don't apologize for being who and what you are. It was not Muslims who planned 9/11. It was most definitely not you. It is because of remarks like this that people so easily assume that all Muslims are guilty when that couldn't be further from the truth. Extremists around the world and from all religions and organizations are the ones who commit atrocious crimes like that. Don't associate yourself with them, because that is not who you are. You are a kind, caring soul and you have the right to be proud of who you are and your culture and history. Don't let people who are xenophobes make you think anything different.

/soapboxing

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
It's never an individual's fault for what some people who happen to be classified in the same social group as them does (unless the individual was actually personally involved :tongue:). Anyone who would make that association and accusation is, excuse me for saying so, a bigoted asshole.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts

I like it alot. Everyday is an interesting experience. i love being able to sit and just be pensive for hours. .i like being so quick to devote myself to worthy things.i love that i am passionate that i care so much about things and that i'm always willing to be their for people. i like being able to read people and it's like an amazing momment everytime on of my assumptions is proved right!

this is a bit of a tough one..how do i observe. i guess the simple anwser would be intently.if i hear some talking, i mean certain words perk my interest and i can listen in very well, noone seems to notice my listening so noone notices me.i try not to stare and when i do watch peole i do it out of the corner or my eyes.i don't remember much of my observations just people are interesting

How do you think you can be more confident in yourself if you're still struggling?

i just stay hopeful and i think that i'll stick with it just the sake of it-i want to stick with it to spite the world who gets me down, in the end i'll know i treated people better than they ever treated me

Reactions: Hammerhand

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I like it alot. Everyday is an interesting experience. i love being able to sit and just be pensive for hours. .i like being so quick to devote myself to worthy things.i love that i am passionate that i care so much about things and that i'm always willing to be their for people. i like being able to read people and it's like an amazing momment everytime on of my assumptions is proved right!

this is a bit of a tough one..how do i observe. i guess the simple anwser would be intently.if i hear some talking, i mean certain words perk my interest and i can listen in very well, noone seems to notice my listening so noone notices me.i try not to stare and when i do watch peole i do it out of the corner or my eyes.i don't remember much of my observations just people are interesting

i just stay hopeful and i think that i'll stick with it just the sake of it-i want to stick with it to spite the world who gets me down, in the end i'll know i treated people better than they ever treated me
Yes i know you observed us for hours from afar :crazy: i sensed it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts