Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

When I was 12 years old I was in an accident. This has left an indelible stain on me. I immediately developed severe depression and attempted suicide in the 7th grade. Since then I’ve had mild depression, with occasional flair ups to moderate depression, which has not been incapacitating or suicidal. My depression is more of an emotional flatness (absence of happiness) than drowning in blood. I am not on any medication and treat my blue with lifestyle changes. Since my accident I have had issues processing sensory things. I have extremely poor eye/hand coordination (can no longer play piano or do tasks like paint my fingernails), watching things where I need to ‘pay attention to detail’, and have poor perception of distance/depth. Also, I’m in the Return of Saturn phase of my life, so I don’t know if being almost 30 means that I’m beginning to develop /utilize my 3rd and 4th functions. Oh yeah, I’m an E9 if there is any correlation with MBTI.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?

Image number one:
The image of the book cover of ‘Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes’ flashes in my mind. I immediately notice the green in the image that looks like the remnants of an explosion and/or a bridge to the beyond/peace/happiness. I am unsure. Since I see the explosions and then the bridge, I am assuming that souls are going through some type of rebirth or renewal.

Image number two:
I’m an Aughties lover. It is my habitus. The second image brings back memories of Courtney Love post The People verses Larry Flint. She was a revelation in the film, but wasn’t nominated for an OSCAR because they said it was too true to her own life and she wasn’t really acting. For a brief moment she decides to transform herself into a beautiful piece of garbage and play Hollywood starlet. This image is too fucking perfect Pinterest. I am curious about the purple in the bottom right hand corner. I can’t see what is, but I have some ideas.

I prefer image #2. I’d like to experience perfection for once.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?

God, I don’t even know how to describe myself. Hi, my name is Return of Saturn. I’m weird, but somehow ended up in normal packaging. I like to write, I like to dream, but don’t even know how to form a proper paragraph. I have a split personality. One moment super quiet, looking at you blankly, the next moment with rapid fire caustic humour. I want a reflection of myself, my kindred. I am the way am ‘cause I am me. I’m sure others have grown in lower middle class religious home and been able to mimic some sense of normalcy. I’m still working at that. I like to read. It is my escape. Some moments I want that simple kind of life, other moments I’d rather die than be one of those suburbs girls. I’m super into minimalism. I don’t hold onto physical things ‘cause they aren’t tangible like my ideas. My life fits into a suitcase. My causes are important to me, but my causes have evolved.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

I fan girl ENFJ. They are about a shared vision. I feel like they’d are the extroverted version of me. They also seem like they would be more assertive professionally and I want the comforts of adulthood.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

Yes. No one has the complete picture. Everyone has only one facet of my personality. My best friend knows 70% of me. She only knows that much ‘cause she slit her wrists when she was 14. She knows pain. Others see different parts. At work I’m witty and sarcastic. To family I’m the depressive loaner. To others I’m the quiet girl next door. To some I’m a go getter (when I’m really focuses on my causes). However, I’m not externally weird. No one sees my fire. I believe there is a discrepancy because I am E9. I avoid the waves.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Testand post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.

Top 10 Values according to the quiz:
Expressiveness, Love, Compassion, Simplicity, Sensuality, Sensitivity, Introversion, Dreaming, Adaptability, and Affection

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

Being homeless. I survived by not doing drugs or getting raped or into prostitution. I kept myself busy during the day at drop in centers focusing on school, housing, and getting a job. At night I found a safe place to stay.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

When I was 16, I was drowning in ache. I thought I was screaming, but it was barely a whisper. It was one of the few times except for my Celicia Lisbon moment, where I felt like the liddle blue flame on a burning candle about to die. I dropped out school and ran away from home. I lived on the street for a few months before going into alternative high school, getting a job/apartment, and my life on track. I should have tried to scream louder. I should have let others know my pain, but it’s very hard to be externally expressive of my emotions sometimes. It almost feels like an inconvenience to others and I'm an emotional burden.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

Sometimes, it’s just the simplest moments. One day my best friend and I were watching reruns of the Simpsons. She was at her home. I was at mine. We were talking on the phone, but it was more like listening to each other and then laughing at the same jokes. We did this for 12 hours ‘cause the CBC was showing a Simpsons marathon. Soul sisters.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

I believe I am introvert. Still I have issues with one on one conversations. There is emotional intimacy that is very awkward for me. I prefer small groups to one on one conversations (unless you’re a close friend) because it takes off the pressure.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

I guess I’m about being appropriate. I don’t hold a lot of importance for tradition and social norms, but not adverse to it either. The only thing I’m against is religion/spirituality. I equate my Protestant upbringing with being raised in a cult – minus the sexual exploitation. I consider our society to be selfish and have a lot of egoism, but I’m realize I have those qualities too.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

I’m not a rebellious person. I’m a go with the flow type of girl, it’s only if you violate a personal conviction that I enter 'boss bitch' mode and cut off the bs real quick.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

I like a basic structure, then we can deviate. I don’t want to be aimless.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

I fear that no one will know ‘me’. I fear that I won’t have the courage to express ‘me’. I feel that I’m sleepwalking. In terms of how I act, I’m gradually becoming more expressive.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

See question 14.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) Connecting with people
b) Connecting with people

I want to find my tribe. I want to find my validation. I get drained ‘cause I don’t always connect with the 'right' people.

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

I took the official MBTI test as part of a programme I was a part of. When I was filling out the questionnaire, I was not aware of the MBTI, so I believe it is my most ‘honest’. I scored moderate to clear perference for INF, slight preference for P. I idealize ENFJ, but I do not believe I am ENFJ. As for the enneagram, I am an E9. My tritype is 9w1-4w3-6w7.

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?

One of my friends is a mystic. He has a level of insight I will never have. I feel less "N" around him.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hm.. I think you are an INFP. :) I can tell that you have a good use of Fi and Si. When you looked at the pictures, the Ne-Si wanted you to go off to different tangents, that's why you thought about the past memories or relating meaning to sensory detail. You constantly express your need for being authentic to yourself and be truly yourself. This is very strong Fi. You use Ne-Si so I am fairly positive you are INFP. If not INFP, then ISFJ or INTP would really be your only bet.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hm.. I think you are an INFP. :) I can tell that you have a good use of Fi and Si. When you looked at the pictures, the Ne-Si wanted you to go off to different tangents, that's why you thought about the past memories or relating meaning to sensory detail. You constantly express your need for being authentic to yourself and be truly yourself. This is very strong Fi. You use Ne-Si so I am fairly positive you are INFP. If not INFP, then ISFJ or INTP would really be your only bet.
Thanks for your reply.

If i have good use of Fi, why Fe types like ISFJ and INTP? Is it the Si-Ne/Ne-Si axis?

Do you have any insights on enneagram? I'm sure I'm a 9 after reading Wisdom of the Enneagram and Personality Types, but I'm unsure of my variants. I've been assuming sp/so, but sp/sx is a possibility.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thanks for your reply.

If i have good use of Fi, why Fe types like ISFJ and INTP? Is it the Si-Ne/Ne-Si axis?

Do you have any insights on enneagram? I'm sure I'm a 9 after reading Wisdom of the Enneagram and Personality Types, but I'm unsure of my variants. I've been assuming sp/so, but sp/sx is a possibility.
Yup. I figured that you possibly could be a Si dom.
:) As for enneagram, I have no idea honestly. Haha. I haven't really gotten into it. I think Type 4 but 6 is also a possibility for me (haha). So I wouldn't really ask me if I were you. Possibly explore in the Enneagram section? :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts