Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well. Another "type me" questionnaire. Hopefully, I will have a reply to this. Thank you for taking your time to read this anyway.

1.What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
What I usually struggle with typing is even when it comes to comparisons of personality types, it feels too vague to make a proper conclusion of what my type is/ to describe me. So perhaps it's a problem of understanding?

2. What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I don't really yearn for much except for perhaps to maintain the comfort that I have in life. If that won't happen, then I would yearn for the strength to get through the discomfort.

3. Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I felt like I was at my finest when I felt like most aspects of my life has stabilized and I no longer had to stress too much over anything (or rather I no longer was stressing too much over things).

4. What makes you feel inferior?
When there are people who seem to be too pure/too kind to exist and are beloved by everyone or when there are people who can express their thoughts in a way that looks "intelligent". I'm not exactly a saint, and while I suppose I do have a brain, I don't look or sound very intelligent due to being rather outgoing and bubbly and also rather vain about my appearance.

5. What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I usually think more about the consequences (how would it make them feel?) and risks (is this going to become a big negative if I screw it up?) of my actions. However, if the decision is more emotionally impacting to me, I usually sort through my emotions and think first if I am interpreting the situation in a healthy way before making a decision (if I ever do pause to think though, there are times I made impulsive decisions because I couldn't manage my emotions at the time).

6. When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
For me, I always want my projects to have a standard of quality, no matter how important I think it is. Now, for projects that I find important, I spend a lot of time making sure that the output is at the best quality I can make it (almost perfect).
Otherwise, if I don't find it important, I usually just try to find the quickest and easiest way to get it over with. I like having control of the outcome only if I feel the outcome is my responsibility, as if it fails, it is definitely a fault of mine. If I'm playing a passive role in a project, then I couldn't care less about the outcome.

7.Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
This is hard because there are plenty of times I had a lot of fun, honestly. It's mostly memories where my friends and I are goofing around and hanging out and making jokes, doing stupid shit and all. It's always fun.

8. When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I usually read on the topic, but prefer to do hands-on work with it to get a "feel" for it. Basically, I learn with my pencil and hands first, eyes second.

9. How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Well, I do set schedules and reminders to keep me on track (but without them I would forget my duties). My place tends to be clean if I have the energy but my (physical) files tend to be in disarray.

10. How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Sometimes, bias and personal feelings get in the way so I sometimes revisit new ideas later when I feel better to get a better look at them. I usually just check if the logic seems sound but I dont really bother to research on it. Too much effort.

11.You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
The former. Just make sure everyone feels okay and that they belong, that's the most important part for a group to be close together.

12. Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Speak before thinking, sadly and happily. Could have avoided more things if I didn't pounce to action but at the same time, being spontaneous is very helpful when it comes to making friends. I prefer group discussions, conversation flows more easily because more people means more topics, there's never a bore :p.

13.Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I usually jump to action, trying to just get the job done immediately. Actions do speak more than words though, that is true.

14.It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I'll go on a night out. Hanging out with friends is always fun and besides, I can always watch an episode tomorrow.

15.How do you act when you're stressed out?
I scream as quietly as I can (like a kettle letting out steam), lie down, and spend a lot of time venting to multiple people. :p

16. What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
My one pet peeve is arrogance and pretentiousness, nothing else.

17. Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Well I usually talk to people about multiple topics, because I find talking to people a fun hobby of mine :p. If I do talk about my hobbies or my views (which is probably just me venting), then I would be talking A LOT.

18. What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?

Some responsibilities that I forget to do, or are too stressing to me to keep up with. This is getting rarer though.

19. How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They see me as an outgoing, jokey, fun,smart friend that also is rather responsible and gets shit done. I dont think my closest friends get anything wrong about me, though. I dont think my friends would say that I am very "philosophical" or that I love to debate.

20. You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Usually passive activities, like watching videos and scrolling social media. Maybe study, hobbies, or games if I have the energy (thankfully, I have enough to do one of those)

EDIT: Apologies. I forgot to add in the questions. I also made them bold for easier reading.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wrote my thinking in the quote so look in there for reasoning

Well. Another "type me" questionnaire. Hopefully, I will have a reply to this. Thank you for taking your time to read this anyway.

What I usually struggle with typing is even when it comes to comparisons of personality types, it feels too vague to make a proper conclusion of what my type is/ to describe me. So perhaps it's a problem of understanding?

This doesn’t really suggest a certain function use or type so sadly I can’t give anything for this one

I don't really yearn for much except for perhaps to maintain the comfort that I have in life. If that won't happen, then I would yearn for the strength to get through the discomfort.

Interesting it sounds like a more sensible way of living specifically Si because you want physical and monetary comfort. I am not really sure about the strength I think it could be Te, Fi, or Ti, possibly Fe too I don’t know

3. Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I felt like I was at my finest when I felt like most aspects of my life has stabilized and I no longer had to stress too much over anything (or rather I no longer was stressing too much over things).

Ok so again you immediately link your finest moment to a time when everything was sensible and in control. This probably suggest more of Si, Te, and honestly maybe some Fi too. The Si is the way you are taking in information which is probably more focused on internal experiences of the real world. The Te would be wanting to logically make decisions for an outcome based on real world analysis

When there are people who seem to be too pure/too kind to exist and are beloved by everyone or when there are people who can express their thoughts in a way that looks "intelligent". I'm not exactly a saint, and while I suppose I do have a brain, I don't look or sound very intelligent due to being rather outgoing and bubbly and also rather vain about my appearance.

Interesting the only thing I can really get out of this is the outgoing and bubbly. Outgoing and bubbly in general is just extroverted traits but that doesn’t necessarily mean someone is extroverted

5. What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I usually think more about the consequences (how would it make them feel?) and risks (is this going to become a big negative if I screw it up?) of my actions. However, if the decision is more emotionally impacting to me, I usually sort through my emotions and think first if I am interpreting the situation in a healthy way before making a decision (if I ever do pause to think though, there are times I made impulsive decisions because I couldn't manage my emotions at the time).

So thinking about the consequences again is a very Te thing. It could be Ne or Ni, but Te is based on making logical decisions while Ni and Ne is prediction intuitively, not to mention the way it is explained could be Fe.

The way you explain emotional decisions sounds exactly like Fi being used.

6. When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

For me, I always want my projects to have a standard of quality, no matter how important I think it is. Now, for projects that I find important, I spend a lot of time making sure that the output is at the best quality I can make it (almost perfect).

Te focused on the logical outcome

Otherwise, if I don't find it important, I usually just try to find the quickest and easiest way to get it over with. I like having control of the outcome only if I feel the outcome is my responsibility, as if it fails, it is definitely a fault of mine. If I'm playing a passive role in a project, then I couldn't care less about the outcome.

This could be anything, but I think it is also proof of Te, could be wring

This is hard because there are plenty of times I had a lot of fun, honestly. It's mostly memories where my friends and I are goofing around and hanging out and making jokes, doing stupid shit and all. It's always fun.

Could be many functions I cannot really tell. It just seems like an extroverted experience with some functions that I cannot really tell without context

8. When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I usually read on the topic, but prefer to do hands-on work with it to get a "feel" for it. Basically, I learn with my pencil and hands first, eyes second.

The feel of it while reading on it sounds very Si to me. Pencil and hands are S in general, but the fact you mention wanting to get a feel for it makes me think Si

Well, I do set schedules and reminders to keep me on track (but without them I would forget my duties). My place tends to be clean if I have the energy but my (physical) files tend to be in disarray.

Hard to say I know schedules and reminders stereotypically are associated with Si and Ni but that isn’t completely true so it could be anything. I am not really sure what this one is

10. How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Sometimes, bias and personal feelings get in the way so I sometimes revisit new ideas later when I feel better to get a better look at them. I usually just check if the logic seems sound but I dont really bother to research on it. Too much effort.

That is exactly how Si works. You take the present moments and maybe future predictions and compare them to past experiences. Checking if the logic seems sound without research could be some sort of T

11.You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

The former. Just make sure everyone feels okay and that they belong, that's the most important part for a group to be close together.

That is either Te or Fe because it is focusing on the collective wellbeing

12. Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Speak before thinking, sadly and happily. Could have avoided more things if I didn't pounce to action but at the same time, being spontaneous is very helpful when it comes to making friends. I prefer group discussions, conversation flows more easily because more people means more topics, there's never a bore :p.

Interesting I wasn’t expecting that. I have to think of Se or Ne, but I am not sure it may be extroverted in general

13.Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I usually jump to action, trying to just get the job done immediately. Actions do speak more than words though, that is true.

The way you mention to get the job done immediately actually sounds like it is based on decision making. It makes me think Te because you are going for the finish

14.It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I'll go on a night out. Hanging out with friends is always fun and besides, I can always watch an episode tomorrow.

Seems to be extroverted, but the functions could be anything

I scream as quietly as I can (like a kettle letting out steam), lie down, and spend a lot of time venting to multiple people. :p

Not sure, maybe Fi or Fe, but I really don’t know

So arrogance and pretentiousness could be anything, but usually I would think high Ni and either Te or Fe people fit this best, but many Ni people are not like this at all so this could be a dislike of traits that can manifest in every type

Well I usually talk to people about multiple topics, because I find talking to people a fun hobby of mine :p. If I do talk about my hobbies or my views (which is probably just me venting), then I would be talking A LOT.

Seems more of Fi and Te answer, but it is hard tk

Some responsibilities that I forget to do, or are too stressing to me to keep up with. This is getting rarer though.

Not really sure honestly. I could see every type doing this

19. How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

They see me as an outgoing, jokey, fun,smart friend that also is rather responsible and gets shit done. I dont think my closest friends get anything wrong about me, though. I dont think my friends would say that I am very "philosophical" or that I love to debate.

Outgoing- Any function but suggest extroverted.
Jokey- could be anything, but probably Se or Ne.
Fun- could be anything, but most would say Se or Ne.
Responsible- Now this is probably more of Ni, Si, Ti, Te set of traits.
Not philosophical- This kind of just promoted S of any kind

20. You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Usually passive activities, like watching videos and scrolling social media. Maybe study, hobbies, or games if I have the energy (thankfully, I have enough to do one of those)

The big thing from this is when you mention if you have the energy for introverted tasks. That means you are at this point prob

EDIT: Apologies. I forgot to add in the questions. I also made them bold for easier reading.

Ok I will be honest I think I struggled with this more than any other one I have recently. I am not certain but if I had to guess I would say ESTJ. If you think you are introverted ISTJ could work and if none of those sound right then I would look at EXTP, but I think personally ESTJ makes the most sense. Let me know what you think and if you think I am totally wrong then you are probably right because you know yourself more then anyone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Your response is very interesting actually because I also did these questionnaires before during different points in time (one a year ago and another which was around 5-6 years ago) and I both got typed as an ISTP.

I didn't expect suddenly becoming an ESTJ, hahaha but I think it's because I've become more assertive and less focused on trying to please people over time (or because I'm being raised by one :p).

I'll elaborate on the some answers I gave.

I usually hate those who act arrogant and pretentious, but I usually mean a certain flavor of it. The kind of people who act like they're very "intellectual" and know more than other people. They tend to speak in a flowery way that is like they are giving a philosophy lecture. I usually dislike it because I find people tend to be so easily convinced by their manner of speaking, even though the content is not a strong or an original argument.

I'm also salty because I tend to speak my thoughts in a way that's direct to the point and doesn't try to use flowery words but people tend to think I'm not as "philosophical" or "have critical thinking" because of it. Argh. It does help me get friendlier with people though.

It doesn't help either that I don't enjoy debate or arguing as it just frustrates me and ends up wasting my time and energy.
I'd rather take a passive stance and listen and ask questions about their opinions.

About the activities. I get bored really easily so I spend a lot of my time doing passive activities or talking to friends. However, I recently got sucked into a game so I guess I'm not bothering people a lot these days.

I forgot the rest of the questions, haha. I'll read them first and answer if there is more to elaborate.

Sent from my INE-LX2r using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I usually spoke before thinking, because before I didn't have a good handle on my emotions because I was rather unkind to myself because I kept putting others before me (not in a benevolent way though, more in the way that you are afraid of what others think of you).

I guess I have more self control now, but I do enjoy acting impulsive through just doing goofy shit like dancing around, making bad jokes with everyone, and talking to any familiar person I see.

And like I said before, I get bored rather easily so I always try to find something to do.

I usually got stuff done because I usually want them over with quickly. I like my free time more than anything. Yet at the same time, if it's a project I find interesting, I don't want to give something half-assed and have people underestimate me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the topic of those who are too kind too exist, it's usually people who are deemed to be almost saintly by others and are loved by everyone. Perhaps, I am just not close to them but it makes me feel strange: how come they are almost universally well loved yet I cannot find any sort of affection towards them? Or maybe I think it's a bit delusional, because surely we've all done something selfish in our lives.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I usually set schedules and reminders because of two things. I used to leave a lot of things back home, so I have constant reminders to help me. For the schedule, it was because I kept getting complaints at home that they were getting tired of calling me out to do something all the time so I just made a schedule of chores as a compromise. Thankfully, it worked and I have been getting significantly less complaints since.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I usually spoke before thinking, because before I didn't have a good handle on my emotions because I was rather unkind to myself because I kept putting others before me (not in a benevolent way though, more in the way that you are afraid of what others think of you).

I guess I have more self control now, but I do enjoy acting impulsive through just doing goofy shit like dancing around, making bad jokes with everyone, and talking to any familiar person I see.

And like I said before, I get bored rather easily so I always try to find something to do.

I usually got stuff done because I usually want them over with quickly. I like my free time more than anything. Yet at the same time, if it's a project I find interesting, I don't want to give something half-assed and have people underestimate me.
Dang sorry about that then I just went off what I thought based on this questionnaire I never saw any others. ISTP is probably right I just didn’t know I am sorry about that.

·
Registered
INTJ
223 Posts

Or maybe sources. There is a lot of vague and conflicting information on the internet. Probably the best thing you could look at would be something like Jung's Psychological Types, which the theory is based on or MBTI Manual or comparable data-based book and see how much you actually line up with what types and why. It's also about the big picture of it not every single little detail of the type since obviously if you are an ESTP, I would hope you aren't identical to the next ESTP or whatever.

I would guess this is a Sensing thing.

Also would guess this is S.

probably ESF or EST

F

This would make me guess Te is low in your stack. Usually Te are the assume control types. If you are already in charge then yeah you want to do your best, but it seems you don't try much to at all to be in a position of control over someone else.

Generally SF

S

inconclusive

S

This is a question regarding Fe and Fi. You answered this as an Fe so you would be probably ESFJ or ISFJ.

E

E

EF

damn

probably F

Fe

okay

ESFJ

ESFJ seems like you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thank you. Your response is very interesting actually because I also did these questionnaires before during different points in time (one a year ago and another which was around 5-6 years ago) and I both got typed as an ISTP.

I didn't expect suddenly becoming an ESTJ, hahaha but I think it's because I've become more assertive and less focused on trying to please people over time (or because I'm being raised by one :p).

I'll elaborate on the some answers I gave.

I usually hate those who act arrogant and pretentious, but I usually mean a certain flavor of it. The kind of people who act like they're very "intellectual" and know more than other people. They tend to speak in a flowery way that is like they are giving a philosophy lecture. I usually dislike it because I find people tend to be so easily convinced by their manner of speaking, even though the content is not a strong or an original argument.

I'm also salty because I tend to speak my thoughts in a way that's direct to the point and doesn't try to use flowery words but people tend to think I'm not as "philosophical" or "have critical thinking" because of it. Argh. It does help me get friendlier with people though.

It doesn't help either that I don't enjoy debate or arguing as it just frustrates me and ends up wasting my time and energy.
I'd rather take a passive stance and listen and ask questions about their opinions.

About the activities. I get bored really easily so I spend a lot of my time doing passive activities or talking to friends. However, I recently got sucked into a game so I guess I'm not bothering people a lot these days.

I forgot the rest of the questions, haha. I'll read them first and answer if there is more to elaborate.

I actually funny enough was going to put you as ISTJ because I thought you had more Si then Te. Also even though I didn’t see much Ti or Se the shadow function of ESTJ is ISTP so even though they are different I can see how I missed that. The Te vs Ti surprised me personally I was so sure you were on the Te-Fi axis but I make mistakes. I hope I made sense at least where you can see how I made that mistake versus coming out of no where. I hope it helped I am sorry I gave you an answer you didn’t expect I hope the best and I could see how you are ISTP with more context a bit more now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually, after some research. I can see why I come off as an ESTJ even though I am usually typed as an ISTP (started becoming more ESTJ ish after some unsavory events)

Also probably looked like an ESFJ because I gave some social answers there, huh.

I was only surprised that I was being identified as a Te user by both of yall, honestly. Never heard it before but it does kind of fit.

·
Registered
INTJ
223 Posts
I said Te low as in not a Te type.Te for you is either inferior or a shadow function. I have no clue how you come off as Te dominant.

I also don't know how the hell you are ISTP. That would mean you are Introverted Thinking dominant and in like all of your answers all you talk about is being surrounded by friends and taking care of them is a very high priority to you. And also you say you are bubbly and social and talk a lot and act quickly and like every single E trait. How do you get I?

I would suggest looking up the function stacks. Particularly Extraverted Feeling because that one seems to explain a lot of what you talk about.

Most notably that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would say that I got typed as an ISTP in the past. Which is very different from how I am now. (I also used a different questionnaire before)

I am not sure if I really do have Fe that high in my stack, but I am sure I am more likely to be extroverted. I'll check the stuff you sent me.

·
Registered
INTJ
223 Posts
Can you explain how you understand Fe to me and why you think it isn't that high in the stack. You seemed very directly Fe in the questionnaire.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think that Fe is plausible, but not that high up in my stack. I usually spend time with friends because it's fun and also because I get info from them too. Though, given because they are my friends, I am obligated to also be there for them, no?

I wouldn't say though that I am an Fe dom who's priority is the wellbeing of others, since I am okay with just doing the "for me" kind of thing if doing something for someone else will take up my energy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ah wait, seems like the reply got fucked up.

Generally, Fe is about the shared values and also thinking more about the wellbeing of others in general, a bit more "charitable".

I've met people who tend to be more Fe heavy than me, they really do take on others needs as their own, really feel empathy for others (which I usually don't as much) and take on a caretaker role. They don't pass up on opportunities to help because they feel that they are needed.

Although I do sometimes care for other people, I don't find it as a kind of personal uptaking to become a caretaker for others beyond my friends.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ah wait, seems like the reply got fucked up.

Generally, Fe is about the shared values and also thinking more about the wellbeing of others in general, a bit more "charitable".

I've met people who tend to be more Fe heavy than me, they really do take on others needs as their own, really feel empathy for others (which I usually don't as much) and take on a caretaker role. They don't pass up on opportunities to help because they feel that they are needed.

Although I do sometimes care for other people, I don't find it as a kind of personal uptaking to become a caretaker for others beyond my friends.

Fe isn’t necessarily charitable. It just means you make emotional decisions based off the collective group. Fi can be charitable too they just tend to do it for the internal well being. Someone with Fe will give a group something so the group is pleased and is in a better position then to begin with. Fi might give a group something because they feel it is the right thing to do internally based on a moral framework. If I am wrong about that my bad but I know Fe and Fi can be misunderstood.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well that seems fair. I am not 100% sure on the ESFJ typing but I am probably no longer an Fe inferior either. I'll see for updates.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fe isn’t necessarily charitable. It just means you make emotional decisions based off the collective group. Fi can be charitable too they just tend to do it for the internal well being. Someone with Fe will give a group something so the group is pleased and is in a better position then to begin with. Fi might give a group something because they feel it is the right thing to do internally based on a moral framework. If I am wrong about that my bad but I know Fe and Fi can be misunderstood.
I would agree with the description that you gave me but it confuses me because you also used that as an indicator of Te.

What would be the difference of Te and Fe then?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts