Personality Cafe banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
INTJ
231 Posts
Te is the judging function of someone who is very systematic and logical about everything. They take facts and objective reasoning over feelings to make decisions. ESTJ and ENTJ are both notorious for being personalities who take positions of power over people. This is something you have never mentioned in the questionnaire.

Fe is someone who decides based on other people's feelings towards things. They take the groups feelings into account to make decisions which is what you said you do in your questionnaire.

5. What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I usually think more about the consequences (how would it make them feel?) and risks (is this going to become a big negative if I screw it up?) of my actions. However, if the decision is more emotionally impacting to me, I usually sort through my emotions and think first if I am interpreting the situation in a healthy way before making a decision (if I ever do pause to think though, there are times I made impulsive decisions because I couldn't manage my emotions at the time).

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would agree with the description that you gave me but it confuses me because you also used that as an indicator of Te.

What would be the difference of Te and Fe then?

Sent from my INE-LX2r using Tapatalk
Te is logical collective while Fe is emotional collective. I will get definitions.

Te-Extraverted Thinking helps us organize our environment and ideas through charts, tables, graphs, flow charts, outlines, and so on.
At its most sophisticated, this process is about organizing and monitoring people and things to work efficiently and productively.

Empirical thinking is at the core of extraverted Thinking when we challenge someone's ideas based on the logic of the facts in front of us or lay out reasonable explanations for decisions or conclusions made, often trying to establish order in someone else's thought process.

In written or verbal communication, extraverted Thinking helps us easily follow someone else's logic, sequence, or organization.
It also helps us notice when something is missing, like when someone says he or she is going to talk about four topics and talks about only three.

In general, it allows us to compartmentalize many aspects of our lives so we can do what is necessary to accomplish our objectives.

Fe- The process of extraverted Feeling often involves a desire to connect with (or disconnect from) others and is often evidenced by expressions of warmth (or displeasure) and self-disclosure.
The "social graces," such as being polite, being nice, being friendly, being considerate, and being appropriate, often revolve around the process of extraverted Feeling.

Keeping in touch, laughing at jokes when others laugh, and trying to get people to act kindly to each other also involve extraverted Feeling.

Using this process, we respond according to expressed or even unexpressed wants and needs of others.

We may ask people what they want or need or self-disclose to prompt them to talk more about themselves.
This often sparks conversation and lets us know more about them so we can better adjust our behavior to them.

Often with this process, we feel pulled to be responsible and take care of others' feelings, sometimes to the point of not separating our feelings from theirs.

We may recognize and adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah it seems like I'm an Fe user but it might be a secondary or tertiary function because it doesn't make sense to me that I would be typed as a Ti dom before then a Fe dom now (though it's possibly because I am using a different questionnaire)

I'll try answering the original questionnaire I used because it seems to be this one is making me focus on different aspects of my personality.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah it seems like I'm an Fe user but it might be a secondary or tertiary function because it doesn't make sense to me that I would be typed as a Ti dom before then a Fe dom now (though it's possibly because I am using a different questionnaire)

I'll try answering the original questionnaire I used because it seems to be this one is making me focus on different aspects of my personality.
I respect @The Last opinion and I think he could definitely be right but I don’t really know how you have high Fe. I saw lots of T the only reason I didn’t say ISTP was because I thought it was Te, but that is just what I think so I wish you the best of luck on finding your type I am sorry I made things worse for you. Farewell and as I said you were hard for me to type so I am not going to argue with disagreements when I am probably wrong.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
So far none. I'm pretty calm although a bit tired.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
https://flic.kr/p/2jg8XVZ This is one of the first pictures that loaded and my eyes were drawn to it probably because of the contrast of the arch and night sky. On closer look,you can see a galaxy (?) clearly. That's pretty damn cool. Might just be composited though.
2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
Well I would probably just wait in the car first to see if it would be fixed. I don't know anything about cars so I know there's nothing I can do about it. However, if the car can't be fixed, I'll try to see if there are nearby places to stay overnight. Maybe look for some snacks too.

People might be panicking but this isn't too bad. We'll just have to see what happens next.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I'm not too fond of parties and raves, actually (I find them pretty disorienting). So I tell them that I'll be heading to a nearby plave to eat or I'll be sleeping/watching over the car.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
Depends on how attached I am to that certain belief and also if I dislike the person. Usually I would just tell them what I think about it then end there. However, they might continue their debate and start trying to counter attack me and that's where it gets frustrating. I might get too caught up into it and just end up angry if I let myself get into an argument.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
Honestly, I would definitely feel dissonance and discomfort. However, I will set myself aside and spend a lot of time thinking over it to see if I had been seeing things the wrong way the whole time. However, since I'm only thinking to myself I might get caught into a loop of rationalization/bias, so I usually also research online for why people believe in these things and also ask others about their opinion to check against mine.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Sincerity, kindness, a sense of responsiblity for one's actions, and a willingness to change one's self. I gained these values because I believe these are the things that are the most useful so far for living and can also be a gateway to other values (such as critical thinking).

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) I tend to be pretty outgoing and fun-loving and do love having free time but I'm not a slacker nor am stupid. I also am rather forward when I speak and don't have a problem with bringing up issues I have with people on the getgo. I also tend to look cold on the outside to strangers or people that I am intimidated of, as a sort of self-defense.
b) I wish I acted in a way that people took me more seriously. While the outside coldness does work on strangers, when they see my outgoing side they tend to think of me as vapid at times. Like I said, it doesn't help that unlike my peers, I am not a fan of using "fancy" words to get my point across. Because of that, people tend to think I am not a "critical thinker" even though I can basically say the same things they are saying but without the purple prose.
In writing, however, this is not a problem.
I also would like a longer attention span, would be helpful.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
Gut feelings for me are a sign of danger and I tend to steer away from the things that give me those gut feelings. I don't get gut feelings as frequently as now, the better I am at identifying what is dangerous/unhealthy.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) Actually, I gain the most energy from hanging out with friends and entertaining others. Sometimes, if there is a hobby I feel passionate about at the moment, I also get energized from it too.
b) I get drained the most from arguing and debates. I would rather read an article than try to spend my energy getting angry and arguing.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
Around friends, I don't repress much of myself. However around strangers, I repress my bubbliness and cheerfulness so that they won't take me as weak. Which is why I tend to put up a cold front unless I want to interact with them.

·
Registered
INTJ
231 Posts
Hold on this was for the other questionnaire...

Here is how I figure it:

1. We know you are an E because that was the most consistent way you answered
2. We know you are Fe over Fi and it is visible in you
3. It doesn't seem up for debate that you are some kind of sensor
4. This leaves us with

ESFJ Fe-Si-Ne-Ti I guessed this because Fe came up a lot and you seemed like Si with your extreme concern with stability though and those usually pair up.

ESTP Se-Ti-Fe-Ni I would not suspect not this one because you showed none of the traits I associate with this type such as athleticism, handyman type of work, cooking, etc though maybe you have them and just never mentioned them.

ISFJ Si-Fe-Ti-Ne But you never answer as introverted

ISTP Ti-Se-Ni-Fe not an introvert and again never really showed the qualities of STP same thing I said for ESTP.

·
Registered
INTJ
231 Posts
3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I'm not too fond of parties and raves, actually (I find them pretty disorienting). So I tell them that I'll be heading to a nearby plave to eat or I'll be sleeping/watching over the car.
Stuff like this is probably what triggered an I response on other tests. But also I'm fairly certain the ESTP would want to go to this party since it is an Se sort of deal.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
Depends on how attached I am to that certain belief and also if I dislike the person. Usually I would just tell them what I think about it then end there. However, they might continue their debate and start trying to counter attack me and that's where it gets frustrating. I might get too caught up into it and just end up angry if I let myself get into an argument.
ESTP ranks high on assertiveness.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
Honestly, I would definitely feel dissonance and discomfort. However, I will set myself aside and spend a lot of time thinking over it to see if I had been seeing things the wrong way the whole time. However, since I'm only thinking to myself I might get caught into a loop of rationalization/bias, so I usually also research online for why people believe in these things and also ask others about their opinion to check against mine.
You don't trust yourself and ask other people how to handle it? This really says Fe.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
Gut feelings for me are a sign of danger and I tend to steer away from the things that give me those gut feelings. I don't get gut feelings as frequently as now, the better I am at identifying what is dangerous/unhealthy.
This is a question to see if you are Fi, Ni, or Si. Fi will usually have strong gut feelings about things. You either repress or don't get many which makes me kind of guess Si

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) Actually, I gain the most energy from hanging out with friends and entertaining others. Sometimes, if there is a hobby I feel passionate about at the moment, I also get energized from it too.
b) I get drained the most from arguing and debates. I would rather read an article than try to spend my energy getting angry and arguing.
I still don't know what you do for hobbies but this sounds like more E and Fe type of "what energizes you" response.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
Around friends, I don't repress much of myself. However around strangers, I repress my bubbliness and cheerfulness so that they won't take me as weak. Which is why I tend to put up a cold front unless I want to interact with them.
Mostly I would like to know what you do for hobbies other than talk to people that might be the only telling thing you haven't revealed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hobbies? I mostly do some crafts like origami for fun. Though I usually study mathematics everyday. I sing regularly and play games at times (my favorite being the beat em up ones). I usually treat hobbies as more of a "mastery of a skill" kind of outlook than a downtime thing (except for gaming).

I don't do physical activities as much due to my physical condition so there's that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
You know after some research, I think ESFJ does actually fit me best. I usually struggled to identify with the low Fe ISTPs so this typing actually makes sense to me.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts