Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me about yourself.

What do you do for a living and/or study and how did you come to choose or not choose that vocation and/or study?

I started college with an interest in social psychology and philosophy, which I abandoned academically in favor of technical training (Linux Systems Administration). Although social psychology and philosophy (among other theoretical subjects) is still a time consuming hobby, I realised that for numerous reasons I would not be able to continue in those areas to a point where I would become a professional. I went into linux systems administration because I use linux for ethical reasons and for the enjoyment of it, have used computers most of my life, and I'm good with them. I wanted to do something computer-related that would also allow me enough leftover time and energy to continue with my intellectual hobbies. Finally, I don't want to be an academic or in other ways subject my intellectual pursuits to market pressures.

What are your interests and hobbies?

Philosophy and social theory, underground music and counter cultural scenes, drinking beer and joking around with close friends in places with a lot of eye candy and/or live music.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

Quiet, start things and don't finish them, don't like to work, want to bounce ideas off people whose opinions I trust ...but rarely trust people's opinions (leads to a sort of loneliness), often prefer solitude to things people like to do that I think are pointless, hate casual touch/hugging most of the time, seem to some people like I lack confidence because I don't try to flaunt my good qualities and enjoy self-depreciating humor.

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

The way I think and that I think, considerate and careful with what I say, clever and intriguing visually (art and clothing style), easy to talk to about emotions, witty, independent, loyal.

In what areas of your life would you like help?

pft, dating. And finding a job.

What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and perspectives?

I'm an atheist and an amoralist. I am closest to Max Stirner's egoism.

What did you do last Friday?

Went to a hip bar to meet up with some friends, sat around talking and joking around but also discussing local politics and strategy.

Is this restaurant run properly?

...it has its roaches.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts