Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I’m unsure of being infp because I don’t relate at all to having inferior Te and I don’t identify much with the stereotypes of Fi such as caring for people in need and having strong reactions to immoral things regardless of the situation.
I’m unsure of being infj because I don’t relate much with the stereotype of the whole predictions thing and feeling hunches of things all the time, but I find that I relate with it more than Ne because I love trying to look at situations and things differently and examining different perspectives, as well as further dissecting one idea rather than coming up with many different ones. But I relate the most with inferior se.
I’m unsure of being intp because I don’t fully relate with the search for logical consistency above all else and throughout my younger years, I seemed way too friendly and outgoing and a people pleaser than most stereotypical intps are. I very mildly relate with inferior Fe, but I feel it is more developed in me, perhaps because I had a girlfriend for five years when I was a teenager which could have helped develop my Fe.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I yearn to make a difference in some people’s lives, not necessarily people close to me.
I yearn for recognition for original creation, such as writing, film, music, etc.
I yearn to elicit emotional impact on others through my creations as others have on me.
I yearn to carve my own place in life and to have the confidence to succeed in my own way.
I yearn for a deep connection with a significant other and to share life’s wonders with them.
I yearn to be inspiring and admired
I yearn to live simply, playfully and disciplined.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I have no clue when I was at my finest. This one is just too hard to figure out.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

I feel inferior when I’m in a situation where the people I’m with are all better than me at whatever task we are doing. Or smarter than me about whatever conversation we are having. So starting a new job for which I have little experience in gives me a lot of anxiety. Doing things wrong and not knowing what to do scares me so I tend to ask a lot of questions which are sometimes common sense but the overwhelm blinds my ability to reason on my own sometimes. Once I feel comfortable everything is great.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

It is usually a mix of all three, although pro-cons list are usually the last thing I will do. Depending on the type of decision I will think about other people, if my decision will involve other people I will place a relatively high value on their potential reaction and will try to reduce as much conflict as I can. If it’s more of a personal decision, I will try to go with what makes the most sense for what I want to accomplish. But during periods which I don’t know what I want (which is most of the time,) I will try to follow what feels right and try to be true to myself as much as possible. Often times I will make a decision, and change it soon after because it just did not feel right. Sometimes I can feel a weight off my shoulders when I’ve made the right decision for myself. It’s as if I’m trying to make the right decisions for a Meta-me. Or like my conscious self is trying to make the right decisions for my subconscious self if that makes any sense.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I don’t like to be in control, but if it’s a project that will reflect part of me, I sometimes feel strongly about which direction it should go or how it should look like. In that situation, I will try to nudge or gently steer my teammates towards that direction or convince them that it’s the best way to go. But I will never go as far as creating conflict for the outcome that I envision, it is usually not worth it. If someone slacked off on their part, if I can be sneaky and make up for it I will. If it is a project that I am not really invested in personally, I will gladly follow someone’s lead and do what they need me to.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

It’s really hard to pinpoint one point in time. One that comes to mind is when me and three of my friends were shooting funny sketches all day for our comedy sketch group. Just days full of laughs, creativity, good people, hilarious ideas and loads of fun acting.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

Memorizing it would probably be one of the last things for me to do, although it does come easy for me, it is just so boring but sometimes necessary. I like theorizing about it because it allows me to understand the core principles and to grasp the bigger picture. But if it is some sort of power tool or machine, I don’t really care how it works, I rather just use it and get used to it in order to learn how it operates.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I don’t consider myself organized, I do what is minimally required for me to keep track of all my things. My own kind of system where I know why it’s placed there but I never take time to label and properly organize things. Keeping an agenda or schedule really drains my energy and requires loads of effort and self-discipline.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I do a bit of both, depending on what type of idea it is. I’m not sure how to answer this, I don’t know which method I lean towards. I guess if it’s a new idea of something tangible that can be tested, then I want information that supports it before I begin to take it seriously. But I’m a philosophy major so obviously any new philosophical idea that is presented to me will be examined through its underlying principles.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I find harmony by making sure that I’m being myself and not letting myself be influenced by the exterior world, but that could be an aspect of my 9w1 enneagram.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I don’t like this questions, everything is so dependent. Almost all the time I think before I speak. I will play out what I will say in my mind to make sure that I don’t screw it up when I verbalize it because it’s usually a whole different story when I try to explain or say something out loud. The one-on-one vs group is totally dependent on the situation. But if I had to pick I’d say one-on-one.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I typically like to know where I’m jumping before leaping unless I’m feeling particularly confident and carefree. I despise the second questions, frustratingly vague.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Depends!! If I went out the night before, then I’m staying in. If it’s been a while that I’ve seen my friends or done anything, then I go out. Depends what kind of night out and with who.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I overindulge in food, smoke too much pot if I have some. Usually need to be alone to try and think about things. Usually procrastinate and diminish my ambition.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

When people are too close-minded to consider different points of views. When people jump to conclusions. When people belittle you for their ego benefit. When people refuse to compromise. When people never make any effort to examine themselves. When people complain about things that they have full control over.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I enjoy talking about life and its different aspects and how to navigate it. I enjoy sharing insecurities with someone and talking through them in a casual way. I enjoy talking about future possibilities and ideas with other people.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

I’m not sure, perhaps my expenses? Things such as car insurance and registration expiry dates.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?

I think they see me as loyal, friendly, laid-back and easy-going, playful, deep, insightful among other things. I’m not sure what is wrong about it? This is so biased haha. Some of them definitely see me as distant, sometimes avoidant and anti-social, fickle or flaky perhaps. They would never say that I’m an asshole or a dick.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Play some tennis with a friend, relax on my laptop for a while, watch a good movie with a couple friends at night, have a couple of beers. If I’m alone all day I’ll want to get high and do whatever springs to mind, maybe go for a walk outside and listen to music, bask in the sun with some reggae and a good friend. Play some music for a while. I love going for a long drive sometimes. Very dependent on many things.

·
Registered
54 Posts
for me INFP however I cant tell if you re Se or Ne so i would suggest for you to look into the functions. Search Fi for an in depth description because i think you re confused between Fi and Fe ( caring for people etc). Also your personality type will never completely fit the framework. For enneagram you streak me as a 4w3 or 3w4.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Hmm, seems pretty INFP to me.
How do you not relate to inferior Te?
And as MissJaeJae said, everything won't fit the descriptions.

·
Birdie Borracho
9,380 Posts
Hmm, seems pretty INFP to me.
How do you not relate to inferior Te?
And as MissJaeJae said, everything won't fit the descriptions.
I agree, INFP.

I don't see how he could be expected to relate to inferior Te because it is inferior. My inferior Si is something that I respect in others, but I do not identify, yet, in myself. For instance, an ENTP like Seth McFarlane can appreciate nostalgia, which is common for Si users, but mock/warp it at the same time (Ne).

For the OP, it isn't about 100% identifying with the way a function is described. Rather, it is identifying with Fi, more than Fe or Ne over Se. That is what helps you decide your type and to know where you need to improve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.