Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard of this game? After watching a video on Youtube, I almost immediately picked it up.

So, uhh... Yeah. I think the best way I can describe it is an extremely Escher-esque FPS puzzle game, with a focus on breaking traditional logic, rather than following traditional logic. Since it expressly attempts to encourage creative thought, I figured that the INTPs might be one of the types most likely to enjoy this sort of puzzle game. I genuinely thought some of the puzzles were extremely good, and on the whole, I enjoyed the game, even if I did complete it in a relatively short amount of time (5 hours).

Not to say that there weren't mild problems with the game. The graphic style is extremely sparse, and the game is extremely artsy/avant-garde. Indeed, it contains a complete room full of avant-garde art. Needless to say, much of the art didn't make much sense, but it was cool to look at regardless. The game can be mildly condescending at times, and frustrating at others. You can pretty much guarantee not having a solid sense of direction other than the hub starting area since the game LOVES its puzzles with perspective. On several occasions, once you learn the solution to a certain puzzle, you might find yourself using the same solution again and again for various puzzles.

The game is $19.99 on Steam and also has a (mostly) spoiler-free trailer on its store page(Antichamber on Steam).

I say mostly because the trailer gives away the functions of some of the colored blocks.

To be honest, I'm not sure if the game is worth the $19.99 price tag, since I'm a stingy bastard, but Portal was priced similarly. I'm not sure if Antichamber is a complete equivalent to Portal, however.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I love puzzle games. I put this on my wishlist as soon as I heard about it, it looks very fun.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Is it pirate-able yet? I'll contemplate downloading it if so, so long as it doesn't occupy more than a few precious gigabytes of space.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Is it pirate-able yet? I'll contemplate downloading it if so, so long as it doesn't occupy more than a few precious gigabytes of space.
Yes. Protip: RICHVSM.

I saw SideStrafe playing this little gem and immediately wanted it. But it's 15 euros, which is still a little much for such a game. I'll wait until it is on sale. Bought like 20 games last steam sale and the only one I play is M&B: Warband so.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I've seen it on Steam for the past few days. Any updates if it's worth the buy?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've seen it on Steam for the past few days. Any updates if it's worth the buy?
In my opinion, it's really just semi-worth it. It's probably better to wait for the price to drop. It's a very cool game, but it's a bit overpriced at the moment.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Man, if only there was a place where you could download things like that for free...

·
Registered
514 Posts
I downloaded this game the other day when it was still $14.99 and I'm only 3 hours in but I love it so far, it's great fun.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Man, if only there was a place where you could download things like that for free...
Digital Millennium Copyright Act

I suppose the better question for me to of asked in the first place would be is it worth the HD space. However I would buy it if I liked it, I usually do.

In my opinion, it's really just semi-worth it. It's probably better to wait for the price to drop. It's a very cool game, but it's a bit overpriced at the moment.
Yeah, I usually do that as well. Since Steam and all I've only ever bought one game at full price. I'll keep my eye on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts