Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have a lot of anxiety at night? I always have since at least high school, before I really even had an anxiety disorder. Now I wake up pretty anxious, too, but Ritalin LA makes me really relaxed until evening, when it wears off. I think free floating anxiety would be the best descriptive term -- I'm not really worried about specific things, I just feel jittery and anxious. It may be due to Generalized Anxiety Disorder (one of my many anxiety labels).

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
My anxiety has been loads worse at night for as long as I can remember. I think it's because there is nothing else for your brain to focus on. I've found that listening to podcasts while trying to go to sleep REALLY helps me. Maybe it will help you too?

(I'm also a sufferer of mental illness, though I'd rather not get specific. So I hope that if the "distraction" tactic can work for me, it can work for you too.)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I get very anxious at night -- but I also get very creative and productive... I feel almost 'manic', but to be honest, even though it deprives me of sleep and makes me a little crazy, I think it's a good thing! I like to think that it's those wild twilight hours that give me my 'edge'.

What do you do at night when you're feeling anxious?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts