Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know what sucks?

Anxiety.

Any other 7's here that have somewhat severe anxiety issues?

It's very conflicting to my typical nature yet it's something out of my control a lot of times.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I tend to be a very anxious, reactive, Type 7 (I can come across very 6-ish with those I confide in, although most say they cannot tell when I'm experiencing anxiety- I hide it well I guess). My 6-wing can be very pronounced, and I worry about a lot of things (usually for a short period of time, before moving on to something else, or a different worry). I wouldn't say I need medication or anything, I can just be anxious about a multitude of concerns.

Just when I start considering that I might be a Type 6, I hang out with one, and ohmygoodness! I am not that anxious! (lol) I thought I was bad, but Type 6's tend to be in a constant, extreme, tailspin of anxiety!

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Sign me up for anxiety issues, although that might be an INFP stereotype for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi. I'm new to this excellent forum. I currently have high anxiety over losing my job. I have found that rather than cry a lot or get upset, I am distracting myself with gadgets and other unmentionable things of a sexual nature. Is this typical of 7's do you think ?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Hi. I'm new to this excellent forum. I currently have high anxiety over losing my job. I have found that rather than cry a lot or get upset, I am distracting myself with gadgets and other unmentionable things of a sexual nature. Is this typical of 7's do you think ?
It could be. . .I would take some Enneagram tests, and become more familiar with the Enneagram before deciding your type. You sound like a Type 5 to me from your comment, but I'd need to know wayyy more.

You can have others on the Personality Cafe forum help you type yourself, here:

What's my Enneagram type?

Good luck! :D

Reactions: Master Debater

·
Sweet Matrimony.
ENTJ 8w7 so/sx
7,160 Posts
Yes! Currently experiencing an insane bout of anxiety. I do hide it well, most people don't know when I'm going through these phases, but it's because I've realised they only occur when I'm about to start something new that's really important to me. I get scared I won't succeed. I don't really know why either. It's completely irrational, but unbelievably debilitating. When it gets too bad I tend to self-sabotage and just withdraw from the real world.

It's not too bad this time, thankfully, because I'm trying a different approach to my fears this time.

Reactions: o0india0o
1 - 9 of 9 Posts