Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
You're not alone! (standing on a huge cliff shouting this as waves crash at my feet) I was born in November though, so at the very end of the year, what about you?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I was born in 1999, so that counts.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Because I was born in 97.
Now you make me feel old.
Inb4GenY/X/Babyboomer

It's kinda weird for me to adjust my mind and not think, "Oh, 1999? This person is 13," anymore. Similar to how it's hard for me to fathom 2007 isn't exactly 'recent'.

I wonder if the same happens to you 1999'ers when you see a 2002'er.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Now you make me feel old.
Inb4GenY/X/Babyboomer

It's kinda weird for me to adjust my mind and not think, "Oh, 1999? This person is 13," anymore. Similar to how it's hard for me to fathom 2007 isn't exactly 'recent'.

I wonder if the same happens to you 1999'ers when you see a 2002'er.
It would kinda make me feel old, since I actually remember 2002 before some '02 babies were even born.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Indeed. Doesn't that make it worse?
It just seems a little silly when you call yourself old in regards to people only two years younger born in a year you most likely have little to no memories of. Usually people will say "I feel old" to someone younger, because they were born in a year the person remembers quite well. I get this all the time.

People born 2002+ (2002 is the year I have most of my earliest memories from) don't make me 'feel old' much because we're all born at whatever point in time. Besides, I won't feel old until at least 65-70 since that's when most people retire in NA.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
It just seems a little silly when you call yourself old in regards to people only two years younger born in a year you most likely have little to no memories of. Usually people will say "I feel old" to someone younger, because they were born in a year the person remembers quite well. I get this all the time.
pfft it was mostly a joke

1 - 20 of 28 Posts