Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Banned
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I almost constantly tie for enneagram types 4 and 2. While I know that 4 is a common enneagram for INFPs, I can't remember seeing anything about 2 INFPs.
Can anyone shed some light on this subject? Is it just rare? Are any of you 2s an INFP?

·
Registered
287 Posts
They are not too uncommon in the real world, I imagine, but the way that the methodology of self-discovery of personality systems works will perhaps skew perceptions of who the individual intrinsically is, thus leading to mistypes.

Example: Someone discovers that he or she is an INFP (a questionable conclusion in of itself due to inaccurate typings, but let us give this person the benefit of the doubt), then proceeds to read the INFP character profile and thinks, "Wow, that is me." Said person next discovers the Enneagram and reads the Type 4 profile, which seems to go hand-in-hand with the INFP character profile, eventually concluding that he or she is Type 4 without much time spent reconsidering.

Perhaps people wish to manifest as an idealized version of who they want to be and see the nonconforming Type 4 Individualist as that figure. The Type 4 seeks a sense of self-identity, and an individual might falsely think, "Well, with all of my delving into these personality systems, clearly I am a Type 4." The truth, however, is that one does not necessarily have to be a Type 4 to be a individualist, a romantic, or whatever other idealized figure since the Enneagram is truly about motivations and not profiles (I suspect that profiling is a bastardization of the original intent of the system); one does not necessarily have to actively seek individualism in order to be individualistic.

Since Type 2 and Type 4 are both Heart Types, there are likely many Type 2's who mistype as Type 4's.

Oh yes - hello from a Type 2 INFP, by the way...

·
Banned
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mmmthank you Zygomorphic :)
I indeed agree with what you said about mistypes. Many people are so eager to identify with something that they latch onto the first that they resonate with. There's nothing really wrong with that, in my opinion, but I for one know that I can identify with several of the 'type descriptions.' I'm starting to feel a little strange about the MBTI and the enneagrams. I still believe in their validity, but I had become so obsessed with it, that I am now a little sick of it. It feels unjust to type people down to the smallest detail, for some reason. A human life, a personality, is worth much more than what words can describe, I believe...

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,108 Posts
I'm a Type 2 INFP with 4 as a close second.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I tie between 9w1 and 2w1. pretty accurate if you ask me.

Mmmthank you Zygomorphic :)It feels unjust to type people down to the smallest detail, for some reason. A human life, a personality, is worth much more than what words can describe, I believe...
just because you can document something into a system doesn't mean it loses it's importance. just because there might be tons of people out there in the world who are like you, doesn't mean you aren't significant.

words are just something we invented. using them to describe someone doesn't limit that person. personality doesn't make up the entirety of who someone is anyway.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi,
I almost constantly tie for enneagram types 4 and 2. While I know that 4 is a common enneagram for INFPs, I can't remember seeing anything about 2 INFPs.
Can anyone shed some light on this subject? Is it just rare? Are any of you 2s an INFP?
I am. Is it really that rare for an INFP to be a 2?

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Well, the only time I have taken the Enneagram test I came out as a type 2w3. I actually just started reading up on it and it really does describe me pretty well. Oh yeah, and I'm an xNFP.

·
Registered
74 Posts
type 2 INFP :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm a type 2 INFP. :happy: I think it was quite distinctly in the lead, too.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm new to most of this... I thought I was an INFP when the day started. At this point, this has been confirmed and some test I did said I was a Type 2. Which I'm going to read about when I'm done posting here to let you know I exist. :laughing:

1 - 20 of 95 Posts