Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find myself working hard then getting lazy/exhausted having to recharge and then doing it again. I find my workplace not organized and it's irritating trying to get stuff done. The only way I can fix that since I own the company is to do it myself and that's exhausting in itself along with doing the work. Things are slow and we're down to one employee.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have this problem, being a stay-at-home mom. What helps me when I'm in a funk is to write down exactly what I want to accomplish that day, and give myself a loose schedule to follow. Like, between 9 and 9:30 I will feed my boys breakfast; then 9:30-10:00 I read to them, etc.; 10:00-10:30 I havethem play by themselves while I wash dishes; 10:30-12:00 we get out of the house and do something fun, etc. etc. Sometimes I have to schedule short breaks for myself, too, or I will try to overwork myself and stress myself out, but if a break's in the schedule then I'm more likely to actually do it. It is important to find a balance somehow...

Reactions: linax

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I relate completely - when I work on things, I have energy bursts where I work intensely for about an hour or two, but then I need to recharge before any more bursts come.

I haven't found a solution yet... but I found that it helps to do "practical" things during that off-period where I am recharging/listening to music. And after recharging, I'm ready to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts