Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ENFPs out there that don't shy away from conflict?

If it's interpersonal conflict, usually I won't take action unless necessary. (ie. After half a year, I just can't take ____ anymore.) These tire me out.

But if there's a logical inconsistency or inconsistent beliefs (either with my beliefs or theirs), I'll ask a lot of questions and really try to figure out why so I can alter my beliefs. Sometimes I'm so absorbed in trying to understand and / or keep pushing my beliefs that I become argumentative.

Not to mention that when I was young, I used to start arguments just so I had something to fix. I can say that in arguments, I become excited as I try to figure out this new "logical puzzle"...

I thought for a while that I might be an ENTP but after checking out their forum for a bit, I don't seem to hold many similarities with them. I don't know what to make of this. o_o Am I an anomaly?

·
Registered
565 Posts
But if there's a logical inconsistency or inconsistent beliefs (either with my beliefs or theirs), I'll ask a lot of questions and really try to figure out why so I can alter my beliefs. Sometimes I'm so absorbed in trying to understand and / or keep pushing my beliefs that I become argumentative.
Why yes, yes I am. Want to discuss religion? :laughing:

As I've stated in another thread, I've not really wanted to start a conversation on IQ and ENFPness, but I can apply thorough logic to anything outside myself. I greatly enjoy puzzles. I think that's one of the things which draws me to Objectivism so much; it's one big set of logic puzzles leading to morality.

On the other hand, as I said, I can't really apply the logic to myself. I'm still emotionally driven. I know I should do X,Y, and Z... but I have to justify it to myself thoroughly in my hearty and mind.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
This would be one of the traits that keeps me on the fence about the ENTP/ENFP thing, but maybe I should look at my motivations. I respond to conflict with conflict. I don't like being around people who fight and bicker, so I usually fight and bicker with both of them...odd, I know. Other than that, I argue with my family over religion and politics a lot. They're mostly conservative Christians. I argue religion, because I feel like they're saying I'm a bad person, because I don't believe. Also, because I don't feel like they love me for me, if they can't accept me for me. I argue politics, because I have a fair share of homosexual acquaintances or friends, and I'm trying to stand up for them. Other times, people will mistake things I do for arguing, because they'll present a point, and I'll present a counter point, but that's really just my way of searching for truth.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Anything I feel strongly about! Religion is something I've gotten into heated discussions about...On this site eve...a couple of times...a few times *grins*

And other things...but I do get into arguments at times....I'm feeling incredibly spacey today...so that's why I'm not so wordy right now...lol

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
This topic reminds me of a girl I met in Atlanta my first night. I wish I asked her for her phone number. We really could've hit it off. She said she was real arguementive and such. She liked to debate. Wanted to become a lawyer. Gabrielle was her name. I liked that conflicting spirit about her. I'm that way. I like to argue...sometimes.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I've gotten into arguments about religion...because people who are intolerant piss me off...people who are close minded piss me off...those people think they're smarter for being anti-religion or atheist piss me off...
People who make assumptions and use stereotypes piss me off...People who put themselves above anyone else for some reason or another piss me off!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Haha, ENFP's are just too damn stubborn :happy:

I can be argumentative, but not always logical. I'm more likely to use emotional arguments.
Yes, we're damn assertive and argumentative. Fe creates harmony, Fi makes you do whatever the hell yóu think is Good.
Yeah, we listen to other people and accept their point of view, but we'll tell them gently (but very gently all the damn time and we'll make sure you listen!) what we think is the Right thing in our view...

And more in line with the original post, being open to change is really a great thing, not very common, even when I'm stubborn, I'll try to integrate other's point of view into that one of mine into some bigger truth all the time :happy: but only if that works....

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Um...not really. When I do argue it is pretty serious because I let pretty much everything slide. You have your opinion, I have mine, we agree to disagree, and I move on to something else. I don't like people imposing on me, so I won't be a hypocrite (I loathe hypocrites) and impose my beliefs on them. I also don't like unnecessary stress and drama.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yes i do. Started to be arumentative now since i've been more exposed to a big society ( university ) but i tend to have emotional arguments just as @Funkypresident says.I'm trying to be more logical now and to back up my arguments with some evidence.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts