Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I understand its an odd question for our personality, but I love guns despite being an INFP which is possible but I hope y'all can see that I don't want to murder people with guns but only defend myself from lethal threats. But yeah, I want to see if there's any other Australians who love guns a lot too because I'm really lonely in this country.. I wish I lived in libertarian sort of areas in America instead, I rather feel like one of their people instead of any Australian.. If you hate guns, that's okay. I just don't want to be bashed for my interest. I unfortunately don't own any guns yet but I want to make some once I'm independent in real life which is illegal but I feel its unethical to ban or steal anything victimless.

However; I love their history, good side of power it can give (I'm aware of the bad also) in conjunction with their mechanics which even led me to think of some firearm inventions. If you want to know my political stance also, I think they should be totally unrestricted since there's more cases of self-defence than murder when guns are less restricted in people's hands. I'm a voluntaryist as well.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Well, I went to a shooting range once. It was okay. I thought I liked guns. But I don't know if I do.

However, I've never been in a life or death situation with a gun, so, who knows how much I will like them or not, then.

America is... liberal with their guns yes. Other things? Hmmmmm .. I'd say Aus is a little better than the US at the moment... well... in some aspects anyway. Vice versa.

At least here you can get help with healthcare. In the US if you don't have money and you need to go to hospital etc, you're f***ed.

·
Banned
3,147 Posts
America isn't all peaches and cream sure guns are legal but that could change despite the best efforts to prevent that. This country isn't the same country that it once was decades ago though never perfect it certainly has gotten worse especially in the big cities where before they were at least decent but now are turning into slums like San Francisco and LA. The culture has gotten worse over the last two decades with the 90s being the last good decade. The conservative areas of the country can be ok but they have a Lot of drawbacks and the liberal areas are sliding towards dystopia. If you come here at all look for some rural area preferably one in good climate and you will love it especially when the nearest neighbor is at a driving distance lol.

Reactions: Eren Jaegerbomb

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
America isn't all peaches and cream sure guns are legal but that could change despite the best efforts to prevent that. This country isn't the same country that it once was decades ago though never perfect it certainly has gotten worse especially in the big cities where before they were at least decent but now are turning into slums like San Francisco and LA. The culture has gotten worse over the last two decades with the 90s being the last good decade. The conservative areas of the country can be ok but they have a Lot of drawbacks and the liberal areas are sliding towards dystopia. If you come here at all look for some rural area preferably one in good climate and you will love it especially when the nearest neighbor is at a driving distance lol.
I think pretty much the whole world is stuffed up right now, some places worse than others.

Honestly, I'd just go live with some Indigenous people in the bush or the desert.
Nothing out there to bother you besides the weather or animals... well... hopefully.

Reactions: Anunnaki Spirit

·
Banned
3,147 Posts
I think pretty much the whole world is stuffed up right now, some places worse than others.

Honestly, I'd just go live with some Indigenous people in the bush or the desert.
Nothing out there to bother you besides the weather or animals... well... hopefully.
Pretty much but personally I like mountains (think NZ south Island) rather than steaming and roasting hot climates, 60c+ is something I prefer to avoid as much as humanly possible along with the eucalyptus fires.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Lol. I like the idea of shooting guns mostly for historical value so I have been thinking about maybe one day buying a Lee Enfield or something like that. But at the end of the day it's just fun, a toy. I wouldn't really want our gun laws to change seeing as they are working, we haven't had any mass shootings since.

Mostly I just want to get a sense for how historical soldiers felt while using them as I'm interested in history. So the stuff I'm thinking about is all WW1 era, or 19th century musket type stuff.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I went to a shooting range once. It was okay. I thought I liked guns. But I don't know if I do.

However, I've never been in a life or death situation with a gun, so, who knows how much I will like them or not, then.

America is... liberal with their guns yes. Other things? Hmmmmm .. I'd say Aus is a little better than the US at the moment... well... in some aspects anyway. Vice versa.

At least here you can get help with healthcare. In the US if you don't have money and you need to go to hospital etc, you're f***ed.
With regards to healthcare though, there's still private healthcare in the US which can work. Though, its mainly expensive due to not enough competition in the market due to their government regulating it and it may be cheap here but our economy is getting worse over time partly because of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I know America isn't perfect and that they still have some gun restriction (especially on state levels), but what I love about it compared to Australia is that its much easier to be free from authoritarianism on top of it having much more freedom-oriented people which makes finding friendship and love easier since my kind is rather hated in Australia.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol. I like the idea of shooting guns mostly for historical value so I have been thinking about maybe one day buying a Lee Enfield or something like that. But at the end of the day it's just fun, a toy. I wouldn't really want our gun laws to change seeing as they are working, we haven't had any mass shootings since.

Mostly I just want to get a sense for how historical soldiers felt while using them as I'm interested in history. So the stuff I'm thinking about is all WW1 era, or 19th century musket type stuff.
Speaking of history, I do love history of firearms also. Sorry if I sounded stupid, but I want to be able to commit to the firearms interest as much as I want without harming people. Sure we haven't had many shootings, but one still happened recently in Darwin and that violent crime has been on the rise since less people can defend ourselves with them. Although I think the Port Arthur shooting was potentially planned by our government due to some fishy contradictory things compared to the official story, its still true if that was totally commited by Bryant. With regards to mass shootings in America though, they generally happen in anti-gun states.

·
Banned
3,147 Posts
I know America isn't perfect and that they still have some gun restriction (especially on state levels), but what I love about it compared to Australia is that its much easier to be free from authoritarianism on top of it having much more freedom-oriented people which makes finding friendship and love easier since my kind is rather hated in Australia.
Yea I am aware of what has been going on lately down there and it is concerning that the screws are only going to get tighter on top of another recession. Australia hasn't been a free country for sometime now and NZ fallowing down the same path so when it hits the fan in the States and Canada there will be no where for English people to turn to as the UK isn't an option.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea I am aware of what has been going on lately down there and it is concerning that the screws are only going to get tighter on top of another recession. Australia hasn't been a free country for sometime now and NZ fallowing down the same path so when it hits the fan in the States and Canada there will be no where for English people to turn to as the UK isn't an option.
Fair enough.. On top of all that also, I'm rather behind in life due to anxiety along with not being very independent so I'm stuck here for a long time likely :/

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
I'm not in 'Straya but I like me some guns. I'm a revolver guy first and foremost.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Neither in Stralia, nor have I ever owned or fired a real gun. But have always had fun with air rifles and pistols, so id imagine the real thing would be a hoot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts