Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
I've never been diagnosed, but I wouldn't be surprised if I were "on the spectrum". I fit a lot of the things that would be red flags if I were a kid today - issues with food textures and different clothing fabrics, strong sense of smell and aversion to certain smells, inability to read faces or put names to faces, having a flat/bitchy tone and face, among other things. I recently heard on a Youtube video that some of the things I do, like playing with my hair or tapping my fingers or biting them or chewing straws until they're kapuut, could be considered stimming?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Apparently comedian Jim Jefferies is autistic, though I couldn't have told, and I think he is INFP. Just putting that out there in case you're interested.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 ♍
187 Posts
It doesn't seem to be a common type around autistics, so I feel kinda out of place.

Is anyone else here an autistic INFP? How can those two work together?
I feel like 2/3 INFP - 1/3 INFJ, was diagnosed with autism, and i think i am.

>How it work together - not sure what question is about, typical autism i think, blocking self from direct emotions.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Not sure but either undiagnosed asperger or at least some features/symtoms to it. Have read that INFP is the 3 most common mbti type to have asperger.
Type: INxP or even IxxP (but score most often INTP, but fits INFP descriptions little better but cant relate that much to you INFPs on this forum good or other INFPs like my friend). Tend to best get along with INTx, thats why I believe I am an INTP, with low ti. Plus I fits the INTx:s stereotypes way more than the INFPs.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
According to the most recent standard test, I am borderline autistic. Some people think I have it bad, while others are skeptical and don't think it's likely. What they don't understand is that it took me over a decade to finally be able to act like an average "neurotypical." However, it's still quite mild. I used to have more traits, but now those traits have mostly been replaced by other ones. What really gets in the way of my Fi is that it's hard for me to empathize with people (I can still sympathize), though I don't think that makes me a dangerous person. (In high school, I told my counselor that I had no empathy, and they thought I was going to shoot up the school or something.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts