Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I like him. Have you seen the documentary about him? I don't listen to him much, but I do appreciate him and think he has good music. One time someone compared my music to his, which I thought was kind of strange. But I could see how he might be an INFP.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like him. Have you seen the documentary about him? I don't listen to him much, but I do appreciate him and think he has good music. One time someone compared my music to his, which I thought was kind of strange. But I could see how he might be an INFP.
Hey, cool!

You should check out his album artistic vice, I think you'd get the best understanding of him from it. And yes, "The Devil and Daniel Johnston" is a great doc. His music is wonderdul in an original way, definitely not technical. Do you have music posted somewhere I could listen to?

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Hey, cool!

You should check out his album artistic vice, I think you'd get the best understanding of him from it. And yes, "The Devil and Daniel Johnston" is a great doc. His music is wonderdul in an original way, definitely not technical. Do you have music posted somewhere I could listen to?
I keep meaning to get myself an album of his and I always forget. Is that the one with the pencil drawing on it that says something like "hi how are you"? That is the one I have heard all the way through.

I do have music posted on youtube. I'll message it to ya.... PerC anonymity is my friend. :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes Daniel definitely has a talent for melody, and original lyrics. I saw him a couple years ago though and he still can't play guitar.
that's part of why we love him though!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just think he's an INFP because he's spent like 30 years writing love songs for one or two girls that he didn't even date. He is the epitome of a romantic idealist, and you can see how his imagination throughout the years keeps twisting and changing the actual relationship he had. And to touch on some stereotypes: He also is a cartoonist, a self-proclaimed "lazy bum", and you should some pictures of a basement he inhabited in the 80's... messy like a landfill!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had an obsession with his music a couple of years ago, and i still love it. I think both his music and lyrics are great, and quite original. I've got nothing against his performance of his songs, either. I think his spontaneous/intuitive feeling performances usually makes his songs stand out on their own (without any fancy arrangements and such). Although I could agree that some of his songs may suit tighter musicianship and more sophisticated arrangements. I'm a fan of both. Whatever suits the songs.

I really relate to his personality, and after watching "The Devil and Daniel Johnston", I thought of him as a more fragile and unstable version of myself. So I guess he's an INFP. Though, "a very, very, sadly unbalanced one", as purplewool said.

·
Banned
554 Posts
who is daniel johnston? is this exclusive to americans? if so maybe i should leave.

·
Registered
96 Posts
oh god yes! i think he's incredible. INFP, maybe. i do relate to him in a lot of ways, maybe that's why his music breaks my heart into bite-sized, delicious pieces.

Reactions: purplewool

·
Registered
96 Posts
mmmm, delicious, raw emotion...
haha :) i think i have a serious soft spot for anyone who is fearlessly themselves, through thick and thin. it's so inspiring and everything i hold dear.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts