Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
385 Posts
Yes! I have to do the same thing, lest I spend way too much time on unimportant detail work. It is awesome to work without oversight and have total creative control, though. Organization and handling the marketing aspect of running a start up are the biggest hurdles for me. Oh, and making decisions!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Here - and a quite successful one while we're at it as an industry leader. I work in spurts... and jump all over the place. I miss details often and find them frustrating, but hey that's why I have people working under me to take care of what I suck at. I can "disappear" for weeks at a time keeping everyone wondering where I am, only to jump right back into it with even more intensity and insight than the previous time. I can even look at my company's growth chart and clearly see that every time I jump back into it, we grow a bit more. And every time I back off, if I stay backed off too long, we stay steady. I will always jump back into it, though. I am trying to be more consistent the past few months which seems to be working well.

I place a large focus on building strong relationships with people I work with.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I totally agree with what others mentioned about the spurts. Give yourself a couple two-three hour blocks of time to try and knock stuff out in.

BUt hell, I can't even make it the full 2-3hrs most days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts