Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You don't necessarily need to be a gamer to answer this question, but should have a general idea of games, which I'm sure you all do. If you do play games (either frequently or occasionally), then what genre do you usually prefer to play?

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
90% MMO Empire/War
10% Real-Time strategy

Haven't played such stuff for a couple of years now. There's still the fascination to be able to master such games I guess, but once you've employed tools to do so on one, it becomes a hollow challenge that repeats itself.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
MOBA games which need skill for example, Dota1 Dota2.
I will be playing GW2 when it comes out.
Also play Battlefield 3.
Big fan of Zelda OOT & the series.

Games which need skillful play, which results in out-playing your enemy.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Minecraft << oh god yes
Doom << Still one of my favorites
Unreal Gold << absolute favorite game
Battlefield 3
Uncharted series
Ico/Shadow of the colossus
Starcraft 2
Half life series
Mass effect series

strategy games
adventure games
first person shooters with good stories

... I like sci fi fantasy a lot so long as it isn't shallow.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Genres of games I enjoy: Real Time Strategy, Turn Based Strategy, Role Playing Game, Massive Multi-player Online, Simulation, and various combinations of the aforementioned.

Favourite game titles thus far (in best described category):

RTS: Heroes of Newerth, League of Legends, Starcraft I (Brood Wars), Starcraft II (Wings of Liberty), Warcraft II, Warcraft III, Warcraft III (DotA).
TBS: Civilization (All), Heroes of Might and Magic (All), Final Fantasy (All).
RPG: Zelda (All), Diablo (All, though III was disappointing), Baldur's Gate (All), Neverwinter Nights (All), Dragon Age (Both), Mass Effect (All), Fable (All).
MMO: World of Warcraft (up until WotLK).
Sim: Sims (All), Spore.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Genres of games I enjoy: Real Time Strategy, Turn Based Strategy, Role Playing Game, Massive Multi-player Online, Simulation, and various combinations of the aforementioned.

Favourite game titles thus far (in best described category):

RTS: Heroes of Newerth, League of Legends, Starcraft I (Brood Wars), Starcraft II (Wings of Liberty), Warcraft II, Warcraft III, Warcraft III (DotA).
TBS: Civilization (All), Heroes of Might and Magic (All), Final Fantasy (All).
RPG: Zelda (All), Diablo (All, though III was disappointing), Baldur's Gate (All), Neverwinter Nights (All), Dragon Age (Both), Mass Effect (All), Fable (All).
MMO: World of Warcraft (up until WotLK).
Sim: Sims (All), Spore.
female gamer, sexy!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Minecraft, RPGs, GTA IV online for the pure shenanigans of it. I stopped playing RTS because they sucked away too much time.

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
Zelda is my all-time favorite series. I love the problem-solving aspect of it / using all available resources in new creative ways to succeed / the adventure aspect.

I'm also a fan of MMOs, I find the competition aspect to it / team collaboration exhilarating (any non-grind for hours MMOs - that's why GW / GW2 are among my favorites).

Some FPS I enjoy - mostly ones where there is strategy / technique to perfect and plenty room for creative strategy such as Counter-Strike and Red Orchestra.

I've also just recently gotten into RTS - started out with LoL and am waiting fervently for dota 2 release. I find they're a less intellectual more lax / social version of chess where team dynamics can be implemented as well, I enjoy that part of it (big fan of chess).

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
"I'm a gamer because I don't have a life...

...I've chosen to have many"

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm probably gonna sound like an idiot, but... does Tetris count? LOL :laughing:

I've been so effin busy the past few years. I stopped playing just when DotA became the thing, so I turned to shorter mini games and ended up with this classic, rockin' awesome Tetris game.

On an analytical note, while it is simple, I find myself strategizing a lot while playing it, somewhat it helps my mind focus. I've gotten a lot of nice ideas while playing it.

And of course, being ENTJ, my Tetris Survival score is at 100th percentile! :wink:

Edit:
Now that I think about it, I did play Amnesia a few months ago, because my friends were too scared to and I had to do it myself cause I *sigh* love them. We were in my friend's house supposedly to "watch" someone play it, I didn't expect that person would be me, the only girl there. I wish I had the time for games again! I used to enjoy Warcraft and Left4Dead so much.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts