Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
@PowerShell - Nope. Only been there once. I spent the night when I was driving across from Vancouver to Toronto. The highlights of that visit were:

- rolling into town at 10pm during a blizzard in total whiteout conditions
- a deer running nose first into the side of my car :D

Driving across Canada in winter is a fun experience. Especially when it comes to crossing the Rockies!

·
Registered
8,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@PowerShell - Nope. Only been there once. I spent the night when I was driving across from Vancouver to Toronto. The highlights of that visit were:

- rolling into town at 10pm during a blizzard in total whiteout conditions
- a deer running nose first into the side of my car :D

Driving across Canada in winter is a fun experience. Especially when it comes to crossing the Rockies!
I've done that before. Drove the Trans-Canada highway from Winnipeg to Thunder Bay and got caught in a blizzard and had to spend the night in Ignace, Ontario. It's definitely interesting driving in winter up there. People think I'm crazy as an American for visiting in Winter and even crazier now that I live in Texas.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I've done that before. Drove the Trans-Canada highway from Winnipeg to Thunder Bay and got caught in a blizzard and had to spend the night in Ignace, Ontario. It's definitely interesting driving in winter up there. People think I'm crazy as an American for visiting in Winter and even crazier now that I live in Texas.
Yeah, it wouldn't seem quite so strange in Wisconsin. Texans are like, "what is this snow you speak of?" :D

I get a lot of surprised reactions too. Even up here where it's normal to get several meters of snow each year, most people are scared of driving in it. I love winter driving though. Always have. It's fun!

·
Registered
8,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it wouldn't seem quite so strange in Wisconsin. Texans are like, "what is this snow you speak of?" :D

I get a lot of surprised reactions too. Even up here where it's normal to get several meters of snow each year, most people are scared of driving in it. I love winter driving though. Always have. It's fun!
Yeah this doesn't even phase me. This is actually the end of Highway 41 North of Calumet, Michigan in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Basically it's about as far north as you can go there and the only thing that separates it and Canada is Lake Superior:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts