Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m a bit confused as to what my type is, so help me out here :D (myers briggs, obv)

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Pretty much everything. I love socializing with people and speaking in front of a crowd (I’m in an arts school so I perform sometimes. I always want a bigger crowd) but I also love being alone at times. Essentially, I need to both socialize and have time alone to be healthy. I’m also disorderly personally and my room is a mess, however I’m pretty good at executing long term plans. (For example: I missed a lot of school, and my grades were in the toilet. I wanted to get into my school, so I took two classes over the summer and created a portfolio to get in.)

When it comes to rules, I usually despise them. I think rules are there for three things: To stop abuse, to protect others, and to stop self interest. Red tape where its not needed gets in the way.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I want to help people, not small groups of people but as many people as possible. I want to serve my country in a way. If I could lead a group of people and improve life as a whole, then that’s all I need. I don’t need wealth or anything like that.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
When I got into my school and essentially executed my “plan” to get in. Hate to keep mentioning school but I don’t have many memories over the past couple of years lmao.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Feeling powerless and menial, like without any option for escape. I wouldn’t join the military because I wouldn’t have an option to leave until my contract was up, but I don’t want a regular job. I’ll figure it out when I can, but right now; I’m afraid of having a menial and powerless life. (No offense to others.)

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Essentially, I do take people’s reactions into account and how I feel about it. However, pro-cons outweigh it mostly. I can’t sacrifice efficiency if someone can’t perform.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
My emphasis is efficiency, and yes; I would like control of the outcome.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
A field trip to Universal, hung out with four friends and spent the entire day just having fun. Memories.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Theorize and memorize (by taking pictures.)

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I can organize others, but I can’t organize myself :/ (usually because I jump to throw things away or randomly throw it somewhere)

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I usually understand principles.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
First mostly. I’d prefer both, but the first is best imo.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions? Group discussions, and I think before speaking. I like one on one too, but I prefer speaking with a group.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I usually like to know, obviously I need to act first sometimes; but planning is usually best. No, actions don’t speak louder than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Night out.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get a little irritable but I eventually calm down and collect myself after distracting myself for an hour. (Video games, walks, driving etc.)

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I dislike anyone overly emotional to the point of getting offended at everything and anything, but I also dislike people who openly go out of their way to be asses to others. I don’t mind a little of each, but those are my main annoyances.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I like politics (and debating politics), as well as current events and technology. Usually I like speaking about problems and how to fix them. Personal and in general.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Probably organizing my life and menial things.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
Friends typically perceive me as someone who speaks loudly and deeply, I have a good posture (I'm not tall, but people think I am. I'm 5'9 and people have mistaken me for 5'11 or 6'0.) I’m assertive and a bit intimidating at times, but friendly and compassionate once you get to know me. I’m open in who I am (a work in progress) and I’m not afraid to voice my beliefs or step in if I see something wrong. (their words, not mine.)

I’ve been told I’m a visionary and I think too much about down the road and not enough on the now. They would never say that I’m overly cruel or angry.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Probably just relaxing, playing video games. If I could round up a few friends and chill out at home, I’d do that.

·
MOTM Oct 2014
1,917 Posts
Alright so first off I would definitely say you are an extrovert based on what you said about seeking a larger crowd as well as the choice you made to have a night out rather than watch your favorite show. So this means your primary function is an extroverted one.

Second, I would say you are pretty clearly Fe/Ti vs Fi/Te. You prefer to understand principles and work through to a core understanding of things (Ti). You said you prefer discussing in groups and one on one which could be because of your extroverted nature. On question 11 your focus was pretty clearly on others rather than on your own beliefs and judgements (Fe) There were some other indicators throughout the questionnaire as well that pointed to both Fe/Ti

So at this point the possible types are ENFJ / ESFJ / ENTP / ESTP. Each one of these belongs to a specific temperment:

Guardians: SJ - Concrete Cooperative
Rationals: NT - Abstract Utilitarian
Idealists: NF - Abstract Cooperative
Artisans: SP - Concrete Utilitarian

So now we just need to determine what temperment you belong to. To do this we need to figure out if you are Abstract vs Concrete and Cooperative vs Utilitarian. Here is a brief description of each:

Abstract - Interested in and prefers to talk about possibilities, potential, future, ideas
Concrete - Interested in and prefers to talk about objective reality, things, people, places, etc.

Cooperative - When taking action, prefers the option that follows what is right
Utilitarian - When taking action, prefers the option that is the most efficient and effective

A lot of the topics that interest you seem to be based on potential, possibilities, ideas, etc. Plus you said your friends would call you a visionary and too focused on the future instead of grounded in the present reality. This signifies you are most likely abstract focused.

You mentioned you don't like rules and they often get in the way. You also talked a lot about efficiency so I would lean towards you being utilitarian.

Abstract / Utilitarian is the NT rationals temperment so I am leaning towards ENTP. Your primary Ne is why you are called a visionary, future, possibility, idea focused. It is also why you like group discussions however your auxiliary thinking process is Ti which is also why you like to logically understand core principles. It is also close in strength to your tertiary Fe which is why you focus a little more on how an outcome effects others over following the rules or what you would judge as right. Obviously both matter and both are considered but you seem to be slightly more focused on others.

If you want to clarify this further you would be doing me a huge favor by testing out a new questionnaire I'm developing:

http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my...t-scenario-based-type-questionnaire-test.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here.

SCENARIO 1
Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel.

- Imagine those feelings as a physical location on you body, where on your body would you say those feelings are located?

I would be devastated, I would probably do everything in my power to find them and talk with them. I spent a lot of time with this person and I would obviously deeply care about them and their well-being, so I would try as hard as I could to get information about them.

I would probably say my chest would feel these emotions.

SCENARIO 2

You are in college and this semester both you and your room mate end up in the same class together. You and your room mate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your room mate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your room mate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

- How do you respond to your room mate's request and why?

- Describe your thought process / what influenced you in making the decision as well as how you would you define what is right / wrong in this scenario and why?

I would help him out. It’s not really cheating but even if it was, the Professor probably wouldn’t care. There really isn’t a right or wrong in this case; so my thought process would basically be “this guy needs help, the professor won’t find out, and I could help him out without consequences.”

His plight would have influenced me, as would his issues as a whole.

SCENARIO 3

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of brainstorming, problem solving, and logically working through the project along side the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most and why?

- Describe your thought process / what influenced you in making the decision as well as what aspects of either project appeal to you and why?

Project 1 definitely. It has a huge impact and I would be working with others. My thought processes would be excitement and motivation. What’s influencing me is the huge impact and the collective amount of brainstorming, a collective effort, and logically working through the problem.

SCENARIO 4

It has been a very long week and you feel drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.

- Describe what sort of activities would help you recharge and that you would enjoy doing after a long week and why?

I would probably sit and play video games. Watch movies etc. etc.

If I could round up a few friends, I’d probably play online with them. If not, I wouldn’t mind going out for a few with the significant other.

SCENARIO 5

You have a meeting with your college career counselor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you two categories.

CATEGORY 1 - Artist, Actor, Musician, Counselor, Teacher, Psychologist, Clergy, Child Care

CATEGORY 2 - Scientist, Engineer, Lawyer, Entrepreneur, Manager, Computer Programer / Analyst, Medical Doctor

- Which category most appeals to you and what is it about the careers in that category that are appealing?

- Was it difficult or easy to decide between the two categories and why?

- What specific careers most appealed to you across both categories and why?

Probably category 1, I like 2 but category 1 seems more enjoyable.

It was difficult because I’m not sure if I like any of these choices (except for entrepreneur, and even then I wouldn’t prefer it.)

Entrepreneur, Artist (if writing counts), Analyst, and Actor.

If what I would choose for myself would matter, then politics or government.

SCENARIO 6

You are having a nice conversation with one or two close friends. There is a lull in the conversation and you have the opportunity to steer it onto a new topic of your choice.

- Describe some topics that interest you which you might try to bring up in this setting.

- What about these topics captures your interest?

Ideally, politics. However, most people don’t like talking about politics (I would talk about it provided I knew they were interested) so probably something about world events or what’s going on in our “social sphere.”

Politics would interest me, because I care about the direction my country is going in. World Events just naturally interests me because I like to keep up with everything and the Social sphere part would be fun. (Not trash talking people, just chit-chat.)

SCENARIO 7

You are the manager and an employee has just presented you two courses of action pertaining to a project you had him/her working on. You need to make a decision on which course of action to implement.

COA 1: Highly efficient and effective, gets the job done and saves time and resources doing so, however a few of the company's policies will have to be bent or broken to accomplish this course of action. Bending these particular policies won't cause any significant risk to your employees or to the company's operations, but if word gets out it could set a precedent and cause a challenge for you to enforce company policies in the future.

COA 2: Works directly in line and adheres to all company policies however this course of action is not nearly as efficient and effective as COA 1. It will still get the job done but will cost the company much more time and resources to accomplish.

COA1. My philosophy with rules are like this:

I’d follow the rules that prevent abuse and self-interest. However, I wouldn’t mind breaking rules. Rules are necessary, yes; but when it gets in the way, that’s when they become more of a burden than a necessary evil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts