Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an empath, I live with the empath factor on a daily basis and I've just learnt to deal with it.

Any INFJ empath here? If yes, what are some of your experiences that relate to empathy?

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I don't consider myself an empath, but possibly with physic tendencies. But I blame that more on Ni than anything else. When I was younger I used to have dreams that would eventually come true (sometimes months later). I distinctly remember having a dream with papers falling on the floor in a specific way only to have deja vu much later. This happened quite a bit but has long since passed as I've gotten older. Although I do still have weird dreams that could still have potential meanings.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that's normal... even I tend to have weird dreams from time to time..

Can you be quick to feel feelings even from very far away or over the internet? If yes, then you could be an empath.

I can feel feelings like that and at times it can get :confused:

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Empathy is a feeling of another's true emotions to a point where an empath can relate to that person by sensing true feelings that run deeper than those portrayed on the surface. People commonly put on a show of expression. This is a learned trait of hiding authentic expression in an increasingly demanding society.

An empath can sense the truth behind the cover and will act compassionately to help that person express him/herself, thus making them feel at ease and not so desperately alone.
This is me to a T.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Same here for that^but I always thought empath is a person who will also take on another person's emotions as if it's their own.. I have spoke with quite a few people who get confused about what they're feeling and they have to analyze to make sure it's their own emotions or they are absorbing it from elsewhere.
I don't want to say I'm always right but yea I can tell what they're feeling but I don't feel them myself. I get some other sense. I've been told by an empath some time ago that I'm able to create a blockage. I also think people don't hide very well, you can nonetheless always see it somewhere in the behaviour

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Same here for that^but I always thought empath is a person who will also take on another person's emotions as if it's their own.. I have spoke with quite a few people who get confused about what they're feeling and they have to analyze to make sure it's their own emotions or they are absorbing it from elsewhere.
I don't want to say I'm always right but yea I can tell what they're feeling but I don't feel them myself. I get some other sense. I've been told by an empath some time ago that I'm able to create a blockage. I also think people don't hide very well, you can nonetheless always see it somewhere in the behaviour
No wonder I asked whether you put up walls :dry:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Today I'm insane again :crazy: Oh no, my imposing N! I'm so sorry if anyone is freaked out :(

Empathetically tap into me. Take all my emotions. Tell me how I'm feeling. Analyse my personality. I dare you HAHAHAHAHAHHAA.

(I know a few posters are going to go,' oh damn not this again') :blushed: I can't help it!

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I can feel other people's emotions and I know they are clearly not mine. If someone comes up to me and starts yelling, I will become as "mad" as the person yelling at me. It's frightening at times.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can feel other people's emotions and I know they are clearly not mine. If someone comes up to me and starts yelling, I will become as "mad" as the person yelling at me. It's frightening at times.
I also experience when other people's negative emotions towards me have caused some physical discomfort. It can lead me to become unnecessarily angry but I often fight back anyway.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Today I'm insane again :crazy: Oh no, my imposing N! I'm so sorry if anyone is freaked out :(

Empathetically tap into me. Take all my emotions. Tell me how I'm feeling. Analyse my personality. I dare you HAHAHAHAHAHHAA.

(I know a few posters are going to go,' oh damn not this again') :blushed: I can't help it!
you have that boy on your mind :tongue:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you have that boy on your mind :tongue:
That's so vague. :tongue: What else do I have on my mind?Mwahahahah.

I think you have something on your mind too but maybe you're trying to be more absent-minded about it..as in distract yourself. Something is your mind that relates to somebody but you don't want to talk about it.

But I also sense ''walls'' so I don't know why my energy can't penetrate completely at one go. It takes time :tongue:

Sorry if I'm creeping anyone out. I'm being insane again.

Pfft perhaps one day they'll start a rule,''Ban anyone who creeps others out with energy forces'' LOL

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes we're making it off topic, it should be empath related :crazy: that was fun though.

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
I think I could be an empath, but I don't see empathy as a psychic thing no matter how strong an empath you are. I don't know how to explain empathy but I don't believe in psychic abilities.

I am a very sensitive person so In general I am easily upset. Sometimes when someone is being a horrible person I will sense that there is a reason for their behaviour and will not be as harsh on them as others might be.

I often find it difficult to distinguish between my own feelings and other people's feelings. At times I feel like it is my duty to allow myself to get upset and to feel what other people are feeling. Before I can deal with a situation I have to remove myself from it in order to work out the best course of action. My thinking ability can often be clouded by emotion and sometimes I have to ask my family for advice when I am unable to see things objectively. Not only do people upset me but music can make me cry as well as books and movies.

If I see someone cry then I cry, if they are happy I am happy. I find it a very overwhelming and it is one of the reasons I need to spend time alone so that I can gather my own thoughts and feelings. It is the only time I feel calm.

I've just started University and two of my new friends who live in a different house to me are having trouble with their housemates. Basically they are being bullied by their housemates. When discussing the issue with them I could sense how low they were feeling. I could see that one of my friends was holding back the tears and I know that if she had started crying I would have started crying too. This has forced me to take action and I'm in the process of helping them get the situation sorted.

I sound like a cry baby, but actually a lot of the above is internalised. Most people would describe me as calm, mature and responsible. I don't always reveal to others how easily affected I am.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I sort of actually think of an empathy as a normal thing, that just hasn't been extensively covered in studies yet.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts