Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you are into competitive martial arts like Muay Thai, Jiu Jitsu, MMA, etc... Do you find anything difficult during training due to your personality type? What advantages do you think being an INFP could have for fighting?

**Edit** it is bugging me to no end that I misspelled competitive in the subject -_-

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I'm in the "I'd like to take some kind of martial art discipline up" category. Nothing too flashy, something practical.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i do fencing! if that counts

yeah i sucked pretty bad when i first started xD ...actually, i think i still do. meh.
my style is really defensive. but i guess it's mostly because i'm lazy, not because of the infp-ness or anything.

and i used to do aikido, but i never got anywhere.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've wanted to do Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu, Wushu (mostly to train my body) and some fencing (both Japanese and western) for 5 years. But sadly enough there's no dojo near where I live, so I have to wait until I've moved out.

·
Registered
109 Posts
On infpblog.com, the poster writes that we have the ability to be self-aware; our Introverted Feeling allows us to know when we're doing something wrong.

I feel bad because when I was younger I used to cry during martial arts. I feel I could handle it better now.

Source: 4 strengths of the INFP

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I heard somewhere that this guy is an INFP.
Awesome video! I can totally see how that guy could be an INFP. His personal philosophy is intriguing!

I'm in the "I'd like to take some kind of martial art discipline up" category. Nothing too flashy, something practical.
You should give Muay Thai or Jiu Jitsu a shot. They are more on the practical side of things rather than the flashy shows you see in Tae Kwon Do/Wu Shu/Karate/etc. I've heard that Aikido is very practical as well. It's just a bit too gentle for me.

i do fencing! if that counts

yeah i sucked pretty bad when i first started xD ...actually, i think i still do. meh.
my style is really defensive. but i guess it's mostly because i'm lazy, not because of the infp-ness or anything.

and i used to do aikido, but i never got anywhere.
I have always wanted to try fencing! My style is very defensive as well. Sometimes it's hard for me to motivate myself to actually get on the offense because I'm worried about making my opponent feel bad. :tongue: Just a weird thing I do I guess.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Wow! Huge trophy! Congrats :D

Do you ever get a little freaked out by having a bunch of people watch you fight?
im actually pretty good about getting in the right mindset before any of my competitions. you learn how to tune the crowd out actually, and when im out on the floor doing my thing, i only notice myself. barely. haha! its really awesome!

(idk if you figured it out, but the TKD in tkdprincessxoxo is for Tae Kwon Do!)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
You should give Muay Thai or Jiu Jitsu a shot. They are more on the practical side of things rather than the flashy shows you see in Tae Kwon Do/Wu Shu/Karate/etc. I've heard that Aikido is very practical as well. It's just a bit too gentle for me.
I had a look at what each style is and everything, jiu jitsu sounds like my thing. Hopefully someone in the area trains that :D

(idk if you figured it out, but the TKD in tkdprincessxoxo is for Tae Kwon Do!)
In my mind I always said 'the dark knight' D:

·
Registered
241 Posts
I had a look at what each style is and everything, jiu jitsu sounds like my thing. Hopefully someone in the area trains that :D

In my mind I always said 'the dark knight' D:
BAHAHAHA!! oh man that is so aweosmee!! haha!! well you can call me that if you want to!! XD whatever floats ur boat haha lol!!

and i atually do a lot of research presentations about just martial arts in general, so i know a lot about tae kwon do, karate, ju jitsu, judo...

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'd say most of the Japanese would kick our asses any time. It's a shame martial arts isn't a part of school in the west. I'm sure we would gain a lot from it if people would learn to take responsibility. And also, people would be less fat.

YouTube - Black Belt? So what?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts