Personality Cafe banner

Any INFP nerdfighters?/ vlogbrothers fans?

2K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  gatsby 
#1 ·
Nerdfighters? dftba? French the llama? Giant squid of anger? in your pants?

For those of you who don't get this I'll share two of their most recent video and a few of their older ones. For those of you who do, hello.

#2 ·
Hi there,

I was introduced to their stuff not long ago, I wouldn't call myself a nerdfighter exactly, but I've been really enjoying their "crash course" youtube channel, satisfies my thirst for general knowledge nicely :p

no edge!

etc...

#3 ·
@DarwinsBastard : I love the crashcourse series! If I had Hank as my Biology teacher I probably would have done much better in that class than I actually did. Almost makes me want to major in biology... (OK, maybe not that far, but he's extremely engaging!)

And John's world history series is also awesome. I'm actually following that one more closely because history is awesome.

--- But to the point, yes, I'm a nerdfighter! DFTBA

#5 ·
Oooh, oooh, I'm crashing the party :)

I'm a nerdfighter by association, as I'm not a huge vlogbrothers fan so much as I am a desparately obsessive admirer and adorer of John's books.

I do love the videos, though! I just liked him as an author first. If I could pick any living person in the world to meet, it would be him.

#11 ·
I'm pretty much certain that is the first time I've seen his wife.

Also I'd say I like John more of the two brothers, I mentally click more with him then hank and he often say's things that I have either thought of before and felt where rare thoughts to have* or says stuff I've never thought of before but make total sense to me. He also reminds me of one of my idols Anthony Bourdian, who while may seem different on the surface is very similar to JG when you remove the layers. At least to me.

* "... You can never fully feel someone else's pain, and that someone else can never fully feel your pain...."

An INFP, talking about an INFP character, written by an INFP, being posted on an INFP forum, by an INFP. If you believe all these to be correct we officially have INFP-ception and then some.

Reactions: OddOneOwt
#13 ·
I found them kind of overwhelming. I couldn't watch an entire video. I felt like someone was shooting at me, but with words...
They both seem quite extroverted. The guy in first video seems like an ENFP maybe.

#14 ·
They both seem quite extroverted. The guy in first video seems like an ENFP maybe.
That is defiantly not the case, theses two are as far form extroverts as you can get. Also Extroverts can be introverts, it's extraverts which can't be introverts.

Reactions: Steamgirl
#18 ·
Well, just because he says he is a type doesn't mean he is. I saw a Ne-dom, fast talking or not (I speak quickly myself, so that's not only what I'm going by).

#19 ·
You said you didn't even finish the video. How can you judge someones type on less than 4 minutes of seeing them. That's a ludicrous assumption to make, even if your name was Isabel Briggs Myers that would be a bold assumption to make.

#24 ·
I've been a nerdfighter since tiny chickens. Also have read all of John's books. I keep a DFTBA pin on my hat and a "This star won't go out" bracelet on.

#28 ·
Yay! My DFTBA bracelet is in the mail! I think John's books are fan-flipping-tastic by the way. And and Paper Towns and and Margo, and TFIOS and...all of the things. ALL OF THE NERDFIGHTING THINGS. If you're a nerdfighter (or anyone) and haven't read any of his books yet...please. I'm asking you on behalf of your future self.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.