Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there are any of us rare 1-2% types in the city of Lost Wages. I know we aren't exactly social butterflies but I was thinking of starting a group on facebook or meet-up. Now...I don't use facebook much at all (joined just for a local car club) and don't belong to any meet-up groups but I might be inclined to if there are INTJ types I can relate to. You can reply here or pm.: )

·
Registered
Introverted intuitive type
5,561 Posts
Yup.

I live in North Las Vegas. Right next to the Aliante Hotel.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I was wondering if there are any of us rare 1-2% types in the city of Lost Wages. I know we aren't exactly social butterflies but I was thinking of starting a group on facebook or meet-up. Now...I don't use facebook much at all (joined just for a local car club) and don't belong to any meet-up groups but I might be inclined to if there are INTJ types I can relate to. You can reply here or pm.: )
Instead of a meetup for INTJs, why don't you include all introverts like what we do in LA? If you want it small, you can invite only intuitive introverts or make it open to intuitive introverts and extroverts. Based on my experience seeing a few INTJs together, the conversation can be stilted. INTJs are not the most talkative or expressive. INTPs can yap up a storm but not INTJs.

Reactions: Abraxas

·
Registered
Introverted intuitive type
5,561 Posts
Yeah, that thought ran through my head. It went something like this:

OP: "Let's meetup!"
Me: "For what purpose?"
OP: "To get to know each other."
Me: "... For what purpose?"
OP: "To make connections. To see what other INTJs are like in person."
Me: "... ... What will we be doing at this meetup?"
OP: "Hanging out and talking I guess."
Me: "About what?"
OP: "Whatever we want."
Me: "Why can't we just do that over the internet?"
OP: "It's different in person."
Me: "Why can't we just use skype then?"

Proceed to skype with video. Watch me sit there staring at my monitor off to the side and not make eye-contact with the camera ever while I browse the web and barely say a thing. Meanwhile OP is trying to engage me in small-talk and polite mannerisms, and my only train of thought is focused on what else I could be doing right then which would be more enjoyable, and then projecting myself forward in time enough to predict an appropriate exit point in the conversation where I can make up some reason I need to leave without appearing to be anti-social.

The only way I'd be enthusiastic about a conversation is if it were with someone that possessed significant credibility in a subject field I found interesting, because then I might learn something. Or alternatively, if you required me to relay some information that I've acquired in my years of studying various subject matter, and offer you various suggestions for source material you should study yourself so as to be "on the level".

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Yeah, that thought ran through my head. It went something like this:

OP: "Let's meetup!"
Me: "For what purpose?"
OP: "To get to know each other."
Me: "... For what purpose?"
OP: "To make connections. To see what other INTJs are like in person."
Me: "... ... What will we be doing at this meetup?"
OP: "Hanging out and talking I guess."
Me: "About what?"
OP: "Whatever we want."
Me: "Why can't we just do that over the internet?"
OP: "It's different in person."
Me: "Why can't we just use skype then?"

Proceed to skype with video. Watch me sit there staring at my monitor off to the side and not make eye-contact with the camera ever while I browse the web and barely say a thing. Meanwhile OP is trying to engage me in small-talk and polite mannerisms, and my only train of thought is focused on what else I could be doing right then which would be more enjoyable, and then projecting myself forward in time enough to predict an appropriate exit point in the conversation where I can make up some reason I need to leave without appearing to be anti-social.

The only way I'd be enthusiastic about a conversation is if it were with someone that possessed significant credibility in a subject field I found interesting, because then I might learn something. Or alternatively, if you required me to relay some information that I've acquired in my years of studying various subject matter, and offer you various suggestions for source material you should study yourself so as to be "on the level".
Sounds about right ;-)

INTJs only care to talk about subjects they know and/or are interested/invested in. INTPs can pick any subject and wax poetically for hours by comparison regardless they know about it or like it or not.

During the meetups I'd observe the INTJs. They put in effort to be sociable, if they made it to the meetup. However, I could see it take a toll on them as time wore on. By the time they bailed, I was thinking I would never see them again because this outing had exhausted them to a point they'd not want to venture out for the next 365 days.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I think you have a good point. Probably better to invite all introverts. I imagine there'd have to be certain types with the same general views on things so it doesn't end up as an exhaustive debate on certain viewpoints which the individual persons are uncompromising on such as religion, etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for your interest. It's nice to hear from another INTJ in Vegas. Nothing set up yet. Chanteuse had a good point about meeting with NT types rather than INTJs only. How do you like living here?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't love Vegas, but it's good enough--has everything I need. I'm from the midwest and it's a far cry from the humid lushness, hills, and trees that I prefer. We're here because of my husband's job, which is going swimmingly, so the objective is being accomplished.I've been here three years and am looking at about seven more.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
About the same for me. I like that there's so much to do away from the Strip but still see some shows (mostly comedy) sometimes. There are some sites that have free tickets and another one called Fill A Seat that's a good deal when it's 50% off on LivingSocial. Looking forward to hiking more now that it's cooler.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts