Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm just wondering what other people's experiences may be with this typing, and if it compares to mine--just genuine curiosity.

Maybe "complex" isn't the right word, but people who know me well say I don't have layers--I have different personalities. Lol. There are a lot of things in opposition. I think I may be a 548 or 584, with my 8 leaning towards 9 (I don't know too much about Enneagrams yet)--but it manifests in a way that goes outside the lines of a "stereotypical" INTP. I'm both very passive and very aggressive, a resting state that's inwardly cold, but can become very emotionally volatile and impassioned. I can be a bit of a wildcard, honestly. I'm just wondering if there are other INTPs out there like me.

Can you explain how you find them to be "simple?"

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Uhh, no--not at all actually. You seem to have gotten a really interesting impression of me from one post? Yes, I would've fit the Tsundere archetype 10 years ago when I was a child.

No where near that in my development now, thank you.

I am actually warm and gregarious towards people on the outside as my resting state, and they think I'm really "nice"--until my 8 comes out and takes them by surprise once they know me a little better.

Thank you for the link; that was really interesting! Too bad there isn't more information about 548 v. 584. Also would love to talk to more people with this tritype and pick their brains a bit.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I see a lot of 9w8 in me... which is a weird mix, considering 9s are all about being super chill and harmonious while the 8s are more aggressive and self-asserting.

I'm usually 9-like by default - at least that's what I prefer, but I sometimes become the opposite when I'm set up by certain triggers. I have an 8-like pride in me that isn't very noticeable, but simply won't budge for any reason whatsoever when it's an obstacle.
I can f.ex. become extremely competitive if the right (wrong) type of people challenge me to something, and I'll never back down until I've either asserted dominance or lost interest... and if not then I'll be filled with a most intense rage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am 8w5,and I think it's because I grew in a rough neighborhood(almost like you see in The Wire for example,except there are no guns here)so I learned the hard way to stand up for myself.I'm quite complex I should say.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts