Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious about your experiences, and whether or not you identify your symptoms alongside the characteristics related to your INTP personality, or consider that totally separate from the disorder .

Any thoughts? (Even if you just know someone with autism, etc )

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Do I see similarities between ASD and INTP? Yes. Are they related? Most likely not. If that was the case you would be able to say the same about INTP and ADD.

My daughter is four with (preverbal) autism. I am currently going through the adult diagnosis process as many people end up not being diagnosed until they are adults, women more so.

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Do I see similarities between ASD and INTP? Yes. Are they related? Most likely not. If that was the case you would be able to say the same about INTP and ADD.

My daughter is four with (preverbal) autism. I am currently going through the adult diagnosis process as many people end up not being diagnosed until they are adults, women more so.
Autism spectrum disorders are far more like ISTJ than they are INTP.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
There are still similarities. Just like there are similarities between ADD and INTP. It doesn't mean they are one in the same, also the characteristics of ASD vary greatly based on the person and exact diagnosis. I wouldn't limit the entire spectrum to one type because you would be mistyping many people.

Reactions: Page

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
INFJ with mild ASD here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts