Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been going to school for business for the last 3 years, and this year I have to officially declare a major. I was on autopilot going the Accounting route but I realized that was a terrible choice. I am now looking at Finance. I like that it deals more with statistics and problem solving than accounting, but it seems like it might be a career better suited for extraverts (mainly ESTPs). I would really like to eventually find my way into a position as a consultant because they can have some flexible hours. I was just curious if any other ISTP here was in Finance or if anyone had any thoughts.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hey Ambiguous

I would honestly hate to work in the city trading, but being a financial consultant would be fine. I don't work in that sector, but I do invest and understand markets, bonds, shares, stocks, etc.., because I always wanted to set myself up with a passive income so that I could spend more time on my hobbies and passions - sort of semi-retired with no boss. Definitely an interesting field for ISTPs me thinks

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just applied for a trainee position at a bank. I majored in computer science and would probably look at software development and I guess it wouldn't be too different from other software development jobs. But I actually had second guesses about their way of handling things. I hate bureaucracy! All I know about it is based on prejudices though, so who knows?

I also applied for other jobs, so we'll see. I'm still hoping for a job at google. :cool:

·
MOTM June 2010
2,507 Posts
I've been going to school for business for the last 3 years, and this year I have to officially declare a major. I was on autopilot going the Accounting route but I realized that was a terrible choice. I am now looking at Finance. I like that it deals more with statistics and problem solving than accounting, but it seems like it might be a career better suited for extraverts (mainly ESTPs). I would really like to eventually find my way into a position as a consultant because they can have some flexible hours. I was just curious if any other ISTP here was in Finance or if anyone had any thoughts.
My first real job out of college (many moons ago) was in financing, specifically lending. First there are many aspects to lending. I would absolutely have deplored accounting, but economics I love. Back to my point, I was a lender which I enjoyed when making big deals,but I what I found most enjoyable (and long before MBTI was even a notion) was conducting marketing analysis for financing in gathering information and providing reports.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts