Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was interested in how many INFPs here have seen any Studio Ghibli films or any of Miyazaki's work? I ask because from re-watching some Ghibli work, it all seems extremley good for NFs, and after watching his works and a few of his interviews, I think he must be an xNFP/xNFJ, maybe an INFP. Well certinaly that's the impression I got.

Anyway I was just wondering if so what are your thoughts? I personally love all of Ghibli works and think they're all masterpieces in one way or more. The artwork is stunning more often than not, and always good. The music is just beautiful, my personal favourite being One Summer's Day from Spirited Away by Joe Hisaishi. It gives me so many feelings that go surging through my brain, it's hard to describe <3. And the script and story, while can be a little corny I like that stuff generally xD. And in general it all fits together brilliantly.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Big fan here.

What captivates me while watching these films is the way they seem to be flawlessly translated from their birth as an idea to their culmination as a final product. So many other hopeful films out there become disappointing simply because their conception becomes diluted by the many processes and people that tamper with them. Miyazaki has a way with sticking to his vision.

When I watch Ghilbli movies, I can almost feel Miyazaki's creative process surging exclusively from his right brain, completely uninhibited by logic. Sometimes I wish I could create in a similar way, without my "rational" side constantly bogging me down. *sigh*

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
I started the movie quotes for Spirited Away on my site about 8 years ago (?). It's here, if interested. Of course, it's sitting there *unfinished*. Very very unfinished. :p

I saw .......... shoot, I forgot the name. Howl's Moving Castle, that's it -- for the 1st time about a month ago. Loved it! I have a bunch of other films by him, in my DVD collection. What an imagination he has!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I've watched Spirited Away when I was a kid. I admit, I felt like I was thrown into another world! I really hope I'll watch it again someday, there's this very other-worldly quality to it. And I really want to watch Howl's Moving Castle too. :happy:

Reactions: Berdudget

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yes! I love his work, they're my favorite animations of all time. I agree with them having a NF vibe.
I still didn't watch all of them, but I'm wanting to have a Miyazaki marathon when I get some time. :kitteh:

I lovelovelove Howl's Moving Castle. And also Totoro... and all of them. I can't really say which one I like the most, they all have that captivating, sort of "childhood tale" feeling to them.

Reactions: Berdudget

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
The Cat Returns is a lesser known one, and absolutely brilliant. I love it so much.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
We have most of them on DVD. Love every one of them. Mononoke Hime, Kiki's Delivery Service, and Spirited Away are my three favorites.

·
Banned
1,833 Posts
I want to live in the bathhouse of the gods xD

·
Registered
41 Posts
For a time I was an aspiring animator. Miyazaki was my top inspiration, followed by Chuck Jones and John Kricfalusi.

I can't tell you how many times I went and rented Princess Mononoke from Blockbuster as a kid. It was my favorite movie.

·
Registered
980 Posts
ME! ME! I love him so much...

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Grave of the Fireflies makes me die a thousand deaths. Okay it's not a Miyazaki movie, but produced by Studio Ghibli.

I think a thousand is actually slightly underestimated. :S I'm feeling it now, even if it's been a year since I last saw it. I don't know whether it's an NF-friendly movie... It's just so powerful.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Me too, my favorite so far has been Naausica of the Wind Valley.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Another very strong yes.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,319 Posts
I do love many of the films :) In paticular I love Castle in the Sky and Howl's Moving Castle. I agree they have a sort of dreamy feel to them which fits with NFs, and somehow to me they also seem to have a bit of an introverted feel although I can't say precicely why.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts