Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this weird habit where whenever I have stared at someone for a while, my mind wonders what it would be like to be them. Not thought-wise, just with that body while still self aware through my brain. I think I stare at people too much, but I can't help it because my mind always wonders this. xD

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
I think I know what you mean, maybe. Someone has to take my notice strongly, usually in the way of being the odd one in their setting, but maybe just compelling for some reason. I try to sit in their (imagined or perceived) life for a couple of minutes and compare it to mine and take in how arbitrary things can set a trajectory.

Not really on a physical level so maybe I'm totally off here.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Are you asking if we imagined being in someone else's body ? You mentioned keeping your brain. I'm a bit confused, not really sure what you're asking. Maybe you're asking " what it would be like to be someone else ? Sorry, not understanding the question clearly.

Sometimes i do wonder, although for me its more about how would i do things differently if i were them. I don't imagine myself as them, or living in their body, i imagine taking on their habits and making decisions about how i could perfect them, or maybe not take things so seriously depending on the scenario. Or maybe i'm just confusing you, hope not :)

Reactions: Some Kind of Blue

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I sometimes get this deep thought/feeling while I'm doing something, that it's not really happening...like I'm in a dream. It's like I'm detaching from reality, but allowing my body to physically continue what it's doing...not really an out of body experience, more like deep self hypnosis/autopilot. I don't make this happen by thinking about other things; it happens when I concentrate on what I'm doing intensely, while thinking, "is this really happening?". No, I'm not crazy! Haha!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sometimes get this deep thought/feeling while I'm doing something that it's not really happening...like I'm in a dream. It's like I'm detaching from reality, but allowing my body to physically continue what it's doing...not really an out of body experience, more like deep self hypnosis/autopilot. I don't make this happen by thinking about other things; it happens when I concentrate on what I'm doing intensely, while thinking, "is this really happening?". No, I'm not crazy! Haha!
Yes, yes! This is what I meant, except I wonder what it woul be like for my soul to drift into another human's body. I'm... not... insane... yet ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have this weird habit where whenever I have stared at someone for a while, my mind wonders what it would be like to be them. Not thought-wise, just with that body while still self aware through my brain. I think I stare at people too much, but I can't help it because my mind always wonders this. xD
I do something similar insomuch as I find myself wondering what it would be like to look at myself from their eyes, and hear myself with their ears.

Guess I'm a narcissist. Dang. Heh.

Reactions: Some Kind of Blue

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sometimes I just look at people and think "I wonder what's going on in their head right now!" because some people are so darn hard to read, even though I'm fairly good at reading people. But yeah, a lot of times I wish I could transport to someone else's body, to see if it would feel any different. :p

Also you changed your username @Some Kind of Blue! I haven't been on PerC for a while, I hope this was just a recent change and that Im not rambling on about old news! I like it though; it's rather mysterious but oddly cute at the same time! :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sometimes I just look at people and think "I wonder what's going on in their head right now!" because some people are so darn hard to read, even though I'm fairly good at reading people. But yeah, a lot of times I wish I could transport to someone else's body, to see if it would feel any different. :p
I also do that, but I have to watch out that I don't do that with a bum just passing by. If I try to imagine how it is to be him at that exact moment I feel myself getting sad as if I am that guy and I look back to myself, then I think "noes! I have to get back to my own thought, forget the bum! eject! eject!" And then I am back to my own thoughts again, which makes me feel awesome because I imagine I am the only person doing that (which I know is not true but whatever).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts