Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that I don't get along with other Fs, because I do. I have two close friends who are ISFJ and ENFP. However, I find conversing with my logic-based friends to be surprisingly easier at certain times. I think it mainly derives from the fact that I feel like I can merely voice my opinions and ideas without worry of offense. They don't really take things personally, so I don't feel burdened to retract my thoughts. I also enjoy talking with them because they might see the same thing, but from a totally different perspective. I find it can be much easier to bounce concepts back and forth when the conversation isn't so completely emotionally or logically bound.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I was just thinking about this..

The thing is, I get along with NTJs and STPs.
I get along with NFPs..

I admire NFJs but we tend to clash very hard at times. [and we WILL clash eventually.]
I admire NTPs Ideas, but they are kind of arrogant and dismissive.. like basically, a lot of them seem like bigots..
SFJs tend to "admire" me.. but they creep me out. =.=
I find that the stuff I was blaming on STPs was really the SFPs..
SFPs can be okay, but.. they're usually hard to get along with.
STJs are hit or miss, I guess? o_o The only STJs I know are quite terrifying, though.

Most of my friends are thinkers, though, and sometimes I feel kind of like the odd one out.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I find communicating with FJs clearly more tiring than with FPs and I do generally prefer communication with FPs over any other type.

But like you said, I think that communication with T-types is easier because with them you don't really have to be so careful to not to hurt their feelings. You can more freely say things "as it is" and not spend time and energy refrasing your thoughts to a more considerate form.

·
Registered
INTP 874 sx/sp VLEF melancholic
17,126 Posts
You know Fe users have this other function called Ti which is the ultimate mode of not taking things personally. You see what you want to see, and if you want to see someone taking things personal you will, even if they aren't.

5,146 Posts
I think that ultimately, other F-types are often too different to connect with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts