Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like we INFPs have a tendency to love animals more than people. I've also noticed this with people who have Asperger syndrome which I also have. I did a poll on wrongplanet and the vast majority of the people there prefer animals over humans.

Me personally? I'm not like that at all. I do like animals, and I'm very fond of cats in particular. But I think there is something wrong about caring more about animals than humans. Even though humanity disappoints me overall, I think we are the most sentient beings on this planet by far. I don't see how someone could consider a rat or even a puppy worth as much as someone's baby or even a gangster.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also feel that while vegetarianism is a noble choice, we evolved as omnivores and there's nothing wrong with us following that nature. Some people actually need the nutrition in meat that you can't fully replace with almonds and dairy products. I don't have a problem with medical testing on animals for the benefit of humans either, as long as it's done as humanely as possible. To me it's morally equivalent to eating meat. I do oppose cosmetic testing on animals though as well as wearing fur and hunting for sport, but I'm not gonna call people who enjoy hunting murderers either. I oppose animal cruelty of course but it bothers me people seem less upset about cruelty when it involves humans.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Growing up with four other siblings and being the eldest, I already took on many responsibilities that involved a lot of cleaning up (and still do to this day). When I live on my own, I wish to live a more simpler, less-stress driven, life. Having a pet sounds tiring to me, like, I've already gone through being the responsible one for cleaning others' messes.

I quite understand there's much more to having a pet and do understand the appeal, but I know deep down, I just don't have any desire to own a pet. It does seem as though there's a hive mind on the internet that if you don't like pets, you're some kind of 'unhuman' :p

I just prefer seeing animals in their natural habitat and observe from a distance and marvel at their survival.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sx
4,020 Posts
animals are fine for in the wild or in the zoo or anything, don't want them in my house,... make stuff dirty and stinky, attract flies, can't leave them at home .. .liabilities.

i do care for animals having a proper life before being chopped up for us to consume, otherwise its repulsive

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm with you. There are a few animals have a soft spot for (such as elephants and cats), and if there are pets in my friends' house I like playing with them, but I have a feeling that I will never own one. I've never been the type of person that squeals or gets excited if there's a cute puppy or kitten either. Plus having allergies doesn't help.

I feel like I like the idea of animals better than having actual responsibility of them. Same with children.

·
Banned
2,244 Posts
I see people walking their dogs, then bend over and pick up their poop. That is such an incredible act of intimacy! So I asked a dog-owner friend, "If I take a dump on your living room carpet will you pick it up?". She said NO. What can you conclude from that?

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I see people walking their dogs, then bend over and pick up their poop. That is such an incredible act of intimacy! So I asked a dog-owner friend, "If I take a dump on your living room carpet will you pick it up?". She said NO. What can you conclude from that?
I conclude... that she had a strong emotional reaction in the form of sudden disgust and awkwardness that made her respond with a form of social rejection instead of giving a thought-out answer. Or maybe she thinks that human poop is a fine addition to carpets. Who knows?

Reactions: Thread Killer
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.