Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel almost completely Asocial. I don't feel loneliness, I don't fear dying alone, I can take or leave a social life. I also don't require a feeling of belonging. Whether people hate or love me it makes no difference to my mood, not even from my own family. I have no friends and I don't even care. Last time I had a friend was when I was 17. I'm now 25.

I feel as if I can just live the rest of my life being alone and wandering forests.

I see past the illusions society places on us and also recognise the typical manipulation tactics - Filling us with a false senses of duty and honour, good and evil, telling us what to value and when we can allow ourselves to feel like we're worth something.

All crap. Just ways for them to make you a slave.

I go into the forest and dissolve all narratives, and then there's just me and.... whatever this is.

I also sometimes feel as if I'm being drawn to random places for no apparent reason.

I'm losing care for things like movies, big events and video games. I'm losing care for almost anything other than just following my feelings and intuition and going where they say I should go.

They take me to some weird places.

But I feel free.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I relate to not feeling loneliness, not fearing dying alone and not valuing my social life much.

I recognise the value of people from time to time, though. One needs the company of a human being, even if said human only serves the purpose of being there to be sworn at.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Are you sure that you don't have some kind of personality disorder? Like Schizoid Personality Disorder. Not trying to diagnose you over the internet, though, just saying that it might not be related to your type. I, myself, have suspected to have the same kind of personality disorder before.

As for your question, I do feel like an alien, because I don't seem to fit in anywhere, and people often misinterpret what I'm thinking and feeling or just find me downright weird. It's not just a teenager thing either, I've been feeling like this since childhood, and I'm now entering adulthood with the same feeling still. Now, I do feel loneliness from time to time, but it's more like a fleeting feeling rather than a constant state of mind. Like @lolalalah said, I pay little attention to my social life, but I still see the value of being in the company of another human being. It prevents us of being in our own head so much, and provides some meaningful experiences depending on the quality of the company. I'm aware that this might not be the same for you and other people, though.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you sure that you don't have some kind of personality disorder? Like Schizoid Personality Disorder. Not trying to diagnose you over the internet, though, just saying that it might not be related to your type. I, myself, have suspected to have the same kind of personality disorder before.

As for your question, I do feel like an alien, because I don't seem fit in anywhere, and people often misinterpret what I'm thinking and feeling or just find me downright weird. It's not just a teenager thing either, I've been feeling like this since childhood, and I'm now entering adulthood with the same feeling still. Now, I do feel loneliness from time to time, but it's more like a fleeting feeling rather than a constant state of mind. Like @lolalalah said, I pay little attention to my social life, but I still see the value of being in the company of another human being. It prevents us of being in our own head so much, and provides some meaningful experiences depending on the quality of the company. I'm aware that this might not be the same for you and other people, though.
Fair enough. I have very rarely visualized myself in a deep, meaningful experience with someone else.

The only time I've ever really had that vision/dream is after watching certain movies that make me see myself in the same situation as the character.

I watched Bram Stokers dracula once, and the relationship in that movie kind of made me want the real thing. It seemed like two people willing to do absolutely anything for each other and being completely authentic with each other. But I highly doubt that sort of thing is possible with 99% of people. Everyone is so insecure and no willing to lay there true cards on the table.

I highly doubt there are many women out there that would not get weirded out by me though. I'm not going to pull any punches. I say whatever I'm feeling.

I have the uncanny trait of talking casually about really dark subjects and have little to no boundries. I respect other people's boundaries, but I have none of my own. I was once pretty much stalked by an autistic girl once, but I didn't even care. She stared at random people and everyone would always move away from her.

I thought it was interesting. A truly genuine human being without inhibitions. Fascinating.

·
Spam-I-am
13,668 Posts
I used to many years ago
then I read C.G. Jungs thinking type introvert
I was flabbergasted and awed
I must have read the entire chapter 10 times over 7 hours straight
I was so relieved
I have accepted the fact that no one will ever understand me
meh, I got better things to worry about:cool:

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I used to feel that I could ignore people and get by on my own...but people are necessary to survive and thrive in this world. I like my personal comforts and luxuries, so I do have to play by the extravert's game in order to gain a good career that can afford me such a goal.

That being said, I have a tendency to do a lot of research on things to somewhat succeed at relatively mundane things via reading the Internet or buying a book. A few days ago, I was doing research on how to properly pair a tie and dress shirt combination for an interview...because I have no strong sense of fashion. Such research could make me feel a bit alien since it seems like everybody else just has the intuition for such things...and I don't.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Fair enough. I have very rarely visualized myself in a deep, meaningful experience with someone else.

The only time I've ever really had that vision/dream is after watching certain movies that make me see myself in the same situation as the character.

I watched Bram Stokers dracula once, and the relationship in that movie kind of made me want the real thing. It seemed like two people willing to do absolutely anything for each other and being completely authentic with each other. But I highly doubt that sort of thing is possible with 99% of people. Everyone is so insecure and no willing to lay there true cards on the table.

I highly doubt there are many women out there that would not get weirded out by me though. I'm not going to pull any punches. I say whatever I'm feeling.

I have the uncanny trait of talking casually about really dark subjects and have little to no boundries. I respect other people's boundaries, but I have none of my own. I was once pretty much stalked by an autistic girl once, but I didn't even care. She stared at random people and everyone would always move away from her.

I thought it was interesting. A truly genuine human being without inhibitions. Fascinating.
I don't even like the idea of being in a relationship that calls for me to be willing to do absolutely anything for anyone. I enjoy my freedom too much and find people to be too emotionally needy. Obligations to people turn me off.

I too have a tendency to talk casually about really dark subjects, and have found that it translates to others as having a warped sense of thinking, a great sense of humor, or being a cool person. As for boundaries, I have them as I could not tolerate a stalker, autistic or otherwise. I loathe being the center of someone else's attention, except for my parents I suppose when I was younger.

To answer your question, I used to feel like an alien; but now I more or less just chalk it up to being a female INTJ.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't even like the idea of being in a relationship that calls for me to be willing to do absolutely anything for anyone. I enjoy my freedom too much and find people to be too emotionally needy. Obligations to people turn me off.

I too have a tendency to talk casually about really dark subjects, and have found that it translates to others as having a warped sense of thinking, a great sense of humor, or being a cool person. As for boundaries, I have them as I could not tolerate a stalker, autistic or otherwise. I loathe being the center of someone else's attention, except for my parents I suppose when I was younger.

To answer your question, I used to feel like an alien; but now I more or less just chalk it up to being a female INTJ.
A female INTJ? LOL

What's it like to get on with all the other girls who are conditioned to be all emotional and caring and shit.

·
Registered
324 Posts
A female INTJ? LOL

What's it like to get on with all the other girls who are conditioned to be all emotional and caring and shit.
LOL. I don't, or very minimally; especially now that I understand why I am the way that I am when it comes to that stuff.

·
Spam-I-am
13,668 Posts
I'm not the alien
humans are
I adore my solitude
as for dying I can't wait for that fateful day when my consciousness ceases to be
I've donated my body to local university and will die alone
no service, funeral or obituary
my family are all dead, no s/o

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't feel like an alien. I feel unique. In a world where everyone seems to be homogeneous, all sharing the same tastes and opinions, the value of being one of a kind is understood by few and appreciated by less. INTJs are fiercely individualistic and I think that allows us more than others to carve out our own identity and path through life. I am not alienated by this, but proud.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Everyone engaged in the MBTI feels like an alien to some degree. As an INTJ, you likely have higher social anxiety than other types, just as other types have issues that you don't have.

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,459 Posts
If anything can be gained from an outsiders view point, I don't find my INTJ husband alien at all. In fact I feel very at home with him. He gets me and I understand him.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL. I don't, or very minimally; especially now that I understand why I am the way that I am when it comes to that stuff.
LOL 9 months later and she finally responds, were you pregnant? XD

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Just remember, you're not an island.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I rarely feel like an alien. The rest of humanity, on the other hand...

Reactions: ewdenore
1 - 20 of 55 Posts