Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a stupid question since there's most likely musicians in every MBTI type, but I'm curious to see if there's anyone else on here that plays music. If so, what instruments do you play?

I play guitar and I'm currently learning to play keyboard.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I've just begun my journey to become the best guitar player ever.

Well.... with my short fingers, I'll be happy if I can just learn to be "adequate."

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've just begun my journey to become the best guitar player ever.

Well.... with my short fingers, I'll be happy if I can just learn to be "adequate."
Try Fender Jaguars or Mustangs if you're playing electric. They have a 24" scale length that is quite comfortable to play on. You could also look for the Fender Duo-Sonics that were made in the 90s. Those have a 22" scale length, but only 20 frets.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I play bass in a band, I also play piano and guitar. I wonder though if I'd be so into it had my dad not achieved the job he has, he's a global manager for Fender. Because I learn a lot from him, he also used to play in some cool bands in the 70's and 80's.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Guitar, of course. My fingers feel short, but apparently they're long by most standards. I still hate barre chords.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I play guitar. Cliche, I know.
To be honest, even though I'm a guitar player myself, when people say that they play guitar I say in my head "Oh ok, you're another fake." I'm not calling you out, I'm just saying.

Reactions: Epictetus

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
Also a violist/violinist here (although I spent some time with the cello).

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I can play the drums and the guitar. I might get into electronic music at some point.

·
Registered
ANimA
1,013 Posts
I play drums, at least I used to. I had to sell my drum set but I was able to keep my double pedal, two cymbal stands and a few drumsticks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm actually a big music fan... it's interesting to see all the different opinions on music/ different instruments people play on this thread. I've played piano since I was 4 and still do. I also sing and have participated in several choirs but I mostly do musical theater. I'm a pretty well developed introvert... so some might think it odd that when it comes to the stage, I don't experience that much stage fright. Otherwise as far as music goes, I'm still an avid musician. I attended Berklee College of Music's summer program when I was in 10th grade. I don't quite think I could properly pursue it as a career though..... While I'm passionate about music, I'm not too passionate about MY music. So therein lies the problem.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I'm pretty good at piano, since I was taking lessons as a kid, other than that, I know how to play guitar, bass guitar, drums and the flute, but I don't play anything anymore. I also produced some electronic music for a while, but I got bored with that as well.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts