Personality Cafe banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Mine are just broken - then again it helps to have parents volunteering to step on them for the large part of my childhood. I haven't bothered getting them repaired because I don't see the point, though.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I never had them not in an infp sense whatever that means. I wish I do. Perhaps, I would deal with life better. I know I was for a good time and perhaps I still am, a naiveté who could not understand the mean things that people do to each other and me, did not expected them do it, and I often say to myself look “below the surface fool”! Do not expect the good where good does not exist. How can you get cheated by your good expectations over and over again? And then, I am contradictory to this part of myself, I become a distrusting type. But, a kindness mellows my heart. I need kind people in this gray city of mine.

·
Banned
600 Posts
I've learned to repair mine really well. Sure, there are some cracks beyond repair, but I've learned to live with them.

Here's something I never thought I'd say since I've never had sight problems; I'll never let go off my glasses!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Okay this forum is super old and I don't know if the OP or anyone for that matter will see this, but I will write anyway. I only read like the first post though. I feel that when I was younger I was happy and caring, to a crazy selfless extent. Everything was so corlorful and amazing. Now it I just go through these numb periods more and more. I become a cynic, looking at the world and thinking wow it sucks to the core of my being. Before I would say wow there are bad things in the world, I wish I could help. Now I look at the world and sometimes it's hard to even give a d**n.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Haha. The irony of this is, of all types, I am inclined to think INFPs will mostly likely sing the song "Rose colored boy" once they hit the rock bottom.

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Yeah, for sure. Not fully, but in part. I think it comes from being worn down from the world.

Having a little six month old, I am faced with innocence every day. Makes me reflect on myself and how long I was able to hold onto my own before succumbing to the realities of adult life. I was fortunate that it was a long time before I got smacked down.

Being an adult is hard, man. I can't tell if it is the "normal" responsibilities that are bogging me down (all of them seeming to be harder for me than most people)... or the darkness of humans... my own internal darkness... (I'm not sure where I was going with this thought)

Sometimes I think it is my own fault because of bad choices I made, and I wonder if I can ever get it back. And, if I do, I wonder what it will look like now.

I think at this point, I am just trying to fill myself and my thoughts with as much goodness as possible. There is certainly enough crap out there to seep into my life by proximity without me welcoming it or ruminating on it also.

·
INFP 5w6
4,703 Posts
Mine are yellow, not rose :)

I think it is a little different. I think I have been less innocent though my life than peers, but that I have held onto a naivety. The naivety is not innocence though, it is a choice of perspective. And the yellow filter is not just naive... it is lively, love, value, a marker of relevance, beauty... etc.

I dip down in the gray fogs now and then, and into the clean empty way of seeing things, it is not really a matter of loosing the other way to see, but periodical or even moments only sometimes, of seeing it differently.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts