Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so when I get a little (alright, a lot) drunk, I'm totally different to my normal personality - I'm affectionate, tactile and I have no hesitation in telling people how much they mean to me. I'm also mean and arrogant to people that I don't like, but that's no different to normal. :tongue: I guess it's because of the lowered inhibitions, but I never get the urge to hug even my friends when I'm sober...

So the question - do any of you other socially awkward, cold, reserved NT's get the same personality swing when you're on the grog?

·
Registered
25 Posts
So I'm a 28yo intp taurus sun/scorpio moon male. When i get drunk, i tend to lose control of my emotions, becoming reckless, unpredictable and illogical.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I get really whiny and kinky to close friends and act embarrassingly... *coughs*
I hope there are more embarrassing NT-people~

Reactions: Railgun

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I get really whiny and kinky to close friends and act embarrassingly... *coughs*
I hope there are more embarrassing NT-people~
I thought it was just me! I'm nearly as sexual and friendly when drunk as one of my ESFP acquaintances. :blushed: Maybe it's because us Thinkers have a lesser control over our emotions that the Feelers, so it comes out when we have less control over ourselves.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Hm. I'm only really ever cold to people I strongly dislike. And that's only about 1 person.

So, no I definitely don't become the way you described.

I mostly become more happy, more make-laugh-able, and more social.

When I was younger it also used to make me intolerably horny. It might still do that -- I guess it depends on the crowd I'm with. But it hasn't happened in years.

It definitely lowers my inhibitions, though. For example, if I wanted to talk to someone when I was sober but I felt too awkward starting a conversation with them, I would totally do it when I'm drunk.

I definitely prefer my drunk self to my sober self when off-duty (like not at school or not at work). It's a lotttttttt easier to relax and enjoy myself and enjoy the present moment in that state.

I was very mean when I was younger--say, 5-10 years of age or so. So I totally relate to the meanness you describe. Just not since high school--I'm actually an incredibly nice person on the surface. I withhold the vast majority of my negative thoughts and opinions. And only really share the important ones.

Reactions: Railgun

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
When I drink I get violent.

I usually don't get embarrassed about it unless I try to take on a group of people or my friends.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I'm confident and carefree when drunk. I try to emulate it when sober but it's wayyy more difficult.

When drunk, I actually am confident and carefree. I have a fantastic time and am certain many great INTPs must fall into alcoholism because of this. I mean dude I can fucking dance (when drunk). I can talk to women (when drunk)! I can mingle in huge crowds and be made the centre of attention for something I'd normally find shameful and embarrassing (when drunk)!

That's literally my only change. The words I say and the things I do are more-or-less the same as when I'm sober, but I just worry about any of it.

TL;DR: INTP brain, when drunk, stops peppering every thought with OTT self-doubt.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm confident and carefree when drunk. I try to emulate it when sober but it's wayyy more difficult.

When drunk, I actually am confident and carefree. I have a fantastic time and am certain many great INTPs must fall into alcoholism because of this. I mean dude I can fucking dance (when drunk). I can talk to women (when drunk)! I can mingle in huge crowds and be made the centre of attention for something I'd normally find shameful and embarrassing (when drunk)!

That's literally my only change. The words I say and the things I do are more-or-less the same as when I'm sober, but I just worry about any of it.

TL;DR: INTP brain, when drunk, stops peppering every thought with OTT self-doubt.
I am the same way. I also can recall a lot of what I did while drunk. Even if I blackout I still remember what happened that night up until the blackout moment.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I am the same way. I also can recall a lot of what I did while drunk. Even if I blackout I still remember what happened that night up until the blackout moment.
Same. I think I've blacked out only a couple of times in my life.

Also I often need to tell people, "Sorry I can't drink any more because I'll probably be sick.", to which they reply, "Really?! You don't seem that bad to me!"

Yeah, hi-fives all round for the beer-holding strength of the INTP mind.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I am an emotional drunk, as in whatever I'm feeling or going through gets amplified when I'm drunk. So when I'm happy, after I'm drunk DAMN, I am HAPPY. But I can't drink my sorrows away; if I'm upset about something and I drink, I'm a huge mess. It's a good way to figure out how I'm doing in life when I get confused about my emotions. :D

·
Registered
887 Posts
Apparently I don't get drunk or even change how I am when i've been drinking. The other night, after having 9 drinks, the only thing I had to show for it was the bill lolol I was kinda buzzed, but that's it. I've lost interest in drinking because it doesn't do anything to me and only costs me money I could use for other things.

On the upside, I am still completely functional, understand people and things around me, remember everything, still have control over my emotions and actions, I seem to be a bit more polite, I finally dream once I sleep cause usually those are nonexistent.

All in all, the only thing that's changed is i'm slightly more polite and I dream once I sleep.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Same. I think I've blacked out only a couple of times in my life.

Also I often need to tell people, "Sorry I can't drink any more because I'll probably be sick.", to which they reply, "Really?! You don't seem that bad to me!"

Yeah, hi-fives all round for the beer-holding strength of the INTP mind.
I think we share this in common. I too have two modes drink until I know I can't have anymore or at least need to wait an hour or 2 for another or just throw up. But I think this is a problem because I feel in control for 99% of the time and the 1% is puke.

Apparently I don't get drunk or even change how I am when i've been drinking. The other night, after having 9 drinks, the only thing I had to show for it was the bill lolol I was kinda buzzed, but that's it. I've lost interest in drinking because it doesn't do anything to me and only costs me money I could use for other things.

On the upside, I am still completely functional, understand people and things around me, remember everything, still have control over my emotions and actions, I seem to be a bit more polite, I finally dream once I sleep cause usually those are nonexistent.

All in all, the only thing that's changed is i'm slightly more polite and I dream once I sleep.
9 Drinks from where a pub? house party or light beer? It depends on how strong the alcohol is, 9 drinks of 3-4% is nothing a good buzz in the end for me but 9 of 5-7% well I need to start thinking of an end goal of where to be to sleep if off. But then again you do say you are just more kinder and nothing else it sounds so maybe you don't want to feel that way around certain people. I would suggest just to drink around people you know you like then.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I basically become an super ENTP while I'm drunk, you would have difficulty getting me to shut up and stop telling you about some random historical event nobody at the party cares about.
Thankfully the only emotion I feel while drunk is happiness.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
I typically become super sociable and talkative. On occasion, maybe more feely.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am going to be completely honest. Often, I think I'm tactile and loose and sweet and really it's just a placebo effect or my perception being more relaxed. I tend to be a bit uncomfortable with haziness, as well as if I'm in an awkward situation becoming like.. 25x more awkward.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I contribute to threads like this.

·
Registered
ENTJ, 8w7
2,719 Posts
I'm currently sober. So in my case, not at present.

My husband and friends tell me that when I'm drunk, although I suffer the usual penalties to gross motor coordination and reaction time, if you didn't know me you'd think I was high, not drunk.

I think I know why, too. When I'm drunk, I do everything I can to focus through the mental haze that arises, rather than willingly falling into it. As a result, "high" is how it looks from the outside.

Well, I want to be drunk, not stupid. Yes?

... actually, that's not a bad idea.

*grabs some blackberry wine*

*glances at the clock* And at 9:50 in the morning... lol.

Yes, I am a degenerate. Thank you for noticing. :wink:

Reactions: HellCat
1 - 18 of 18 Posts