Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel a bit like the outcast... I just found out (with the help of others) that I am a 3w2 ENTJ. To me this seems like it may be a bit unusual. Is there any others out there?

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
Oh you finally found out :)

I'm not quite sure what my dominant enneagram type is but it's either 3w2, 8w9, or 1w2. From my understanding, most ENTJs fall under one of these categories.

I don't think 3w2 is too out of context, in fact it makes some amount of sense. Since Te is a function which deals with external hierarchies, someone who's Te-dominant is prone to compare themselves to those around them in terms of merits, achievements, status, kind of a way to gauge how they're doing.

Pair this with inferior Fi and you shouldn't feel too alarmed.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
"According to Baron and Wagele, the most common Enneatypes for ENTJs are Reformers (One), Achievers (Three), Skeptics (Six, also known as The Loyalist) and Asserters (Eight, also known as The Challenger)."
Wagele, Elizabeth; and Renee Baron (1994). The Enneagram Made Easy. HarperOne. ISBN 0-06-251026-6.

Your normal. :p

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh you finally found out :)

I'm not quite sure what my dominant enneagram type is but it's either 3w2, 8w9, or 1w2. From my understanding, most ENTJs fall under one of these categories.

I don't think 3w2 is too out of context, in fact it makes some amount of sense. Since Te is a function which deals with external hierarchies, someone who's Te-dominant is prone to compare themselves to those around them in terms of merits, achievements, status, kind of a way to gauge how they're doing.

Pair this with inferior Fi and you shouldn't feel too alarmed.
That does make sense. I only ask because it seems like most are type 8 as you mentioned.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Someones handsome. lol.

I have nothing else to add. I just wanted to point that out.
Well thank you!! You are making me blush (just a little) :blushed:

Reactions: Miss Scarlet

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
That does make sense. I only ask because it seems like most are type 8 as you mentioned.
I don't know the statistics but yeah, type 8 seems to be the face of the stereotypical ENTJ here. I don't really know many ENTJs in person so I don't have much to compare with myself.

Though don't worry, I've noted several other 3w2. The flavor does seem to be different.

Reactions: 2eng

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"According to Baron and Wagele, the most common Enneatypes for ENTJs are Reformers (One), Achievers (Three), Skeptics (Six, also known as The Loyalist) and Asserters (Eight, also known as The Challenger)."
Wagele, Elizabeth; and Renee Baron (1994). The Enneagram Made Easy. HarperOne. ISBN 0-06-251026-6.

Your normal. :p
Whew, I was a little worried :)... not really, just curious if there were many others out there.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Actually according to Wagele in "Are You My Type" the most common types for male ENTJs are 3 and 6. (Note: Many Cp 6 tend to mistype as 8s). Quite common types for male ENTJs are 1 and 8.

And, most common type for female ENTJs is 8. Quite common is type 6 for female 8s. Less common 1 and 3. With all other types being least common.

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
Actually according to Wagele in "Are You My Type" the most common types for male ENTJs are 3 and 6. (Note: Many Cp 6 tend to mistype as 8s). Quite common types for male ENTJs are 1 and 8.

And, most common type for female ENTJs is 8. Quite common is type 6 for female 8s. Less common 1 and 3. With all other types being least common.
This would explain the trends on this forum quite adequately.

The differences would be attributed to social motives, I believe. I wonder what that says about our society.

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
Not quite sure I follow you here..Can you elaborate?
Well, how can we explain the differences in enneagram types of ENTJs based on gender?

To approach that question we have to first understand what gender is, Gender is based on social roles (vary from culture to culture), more so than one's physical sex.

Furthermore, enneagram types describe an individual's general motivations / fears in life.

Combine the two and you get that the trends of enneagram types found are influenced by the gender role of female and the gender role of male, and how the individual's Jungian personality type responds to those societal gender roles.

For example, a female ENTJ might analyze salary trends of the working class and notice the statistics of men's salaries vs women's salaries via their Te. They'd notice the discrepancy and question the injustice via their Fi. It's understandable that the two most likely outcomes from this type of situation are either the female ENTJ might begin to feel they don't quite belong where they naturally excel so they'll start looking to form alliances and the support of others around them to achieve a sense of stability in their position (turn to a type 6 outlook), or taking the other course and taking a more me vs world outlook since they may end up feeling alienated and compensating for that alienation through a head strong independent way of living (turn to a type 8 outlook).

A male ENTJ might, on the other hand, feel too blended in in such a circumstance, and, in effect, respond by wanting to achieve more than others -- wanting to excel -- to be different and in these efforts they might turn their life into a rat race, constantly checking in on the people in the lanes to the left and right of that individual (taking the type 3 outlook).

In either case, we notice that the reactions of the ENTJ individual are dependent on their status as compared to others in a cultural setting based on social standards and/or trends. Also, we're pointing to the Fi in ENTJs, and we know that Fi likes to take its own course -- to stand out from the rest -- to live by its own rules, and we can see that this is apparent in both situations where the male wants to stand apart from the countless other males in his work place and the female who wants to stand out from the social stereotypes placed on females.

Sorry if my example comes off as sexist but that's really what we're dealing with here if we're going to describe the difference in trends.

I might be wrong, my examples were just rough guesses, but hopefully you understand better what I'm trying to explore.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
@AbioticPrime ... I think I see where you are going with this. I may have completely missed your point....however, not sure if the differences are due to social motives if by "differences" you mean the trend in Enneatypes within the ENTJ types. I think Enneatypes are a combination of nature and nurture. Nature determining the Enneatype nurture determining/influencing health level and sexual instinct variant.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
3 is common for ENTJs, yes, but I think it's mostly 3w4. I mentioned this in 3 forum, but 3w2 'looks like' a Fe user, while ENTJs have Fe as least dominant function. I feel that the 3w2 tendencies to please (read: to put on a pleasing performance) often clash with my ENTJness.

Reactions: n2freedom

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
3 is common for ENTJs, yes, but I think it's mostly 3w4. I mentioned this in 3 forum, but 3w2 'looks like' a Fe user, while ENTJs have Fe as least dominant function. I feel that the 3w2 tendencies to please (read: to put on a pleasing performance) often clash with my ENTJness.
Yeah that would make sense but for some reason I only see 3w2 ENTJs...

·
Registered
5,694 Posts

Hmm, that's interesting that it's the females that are typically 8's.

Well I'm an 8, but I really have very little idea what that means. Or any of those silly numbers.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.