Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's almost 9 AM where I live and I haven't slept. My sleeping pattern and body clock is very confusing and it interferes heavily with school.

I'm planning on fixing the long-term problem soon, but right now I need a short-term solution which is to stay awake until the evening, and it would really help if any of you have any tips on how I can keep myself up?

P.S. I don't drink coffee and we don't have any energy drinks in the fridge.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
It's almost 9 AM where I live and I haven't slept. My sleeping pattern and body clock is very confusing and it interferes heavily with school.

I'm planning on fixing the long-term problem soon, but right now I need a short-term solution which is to stay awake until the evening, and it would really help if any of you have any tips on how I can keep myself up?

You should be fine until around 2pm.

In general, you should pay attention to how much light you're exposed to because that will alter your body clock. Bright lights will suppress your melatonin production.

If you want to fix your body clock, turn off all your lights and computer monitors/tv's about an hour before you want to go to sleep.

I bought an automatic light that comes on at a changeable time. You can set one up for cheap with a lamp with a CFL and an appliance timer.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Get tired. Get so tired you only want to fall asleep. However, I'd recommend you do this on a weekend (Friday to wake up Saturday), so you can sleep as much as you can. Try listening to relaxing music, to relaxing stuff before going to bed...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should be fine until around 2pm.

In general, you should pay attention to how much light you're exposed to because that will alter your body clock. Bright lights will suppress your melatonin production.

If you want to fix your body clock, turn off all your lights and computer monitors/tv's about an hour before you want to go to sleep.

I bought an automatic light that comes on at a changeable time. You can set one up for cheap with a lamp with a CFL and an appliance timer.
I think my bodyclock is more complicated than that, but thanks anyway. I have actually been considering buying a light therapy lamp for a while, so hopefully that will fix the long-term problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
A little exercise to keep your body awake and mind alert should help for a short time. If you have the option at some point during the day to take a nap it could leave you feeling refreshed and back on track. You also said you don't drink coffee, but it's an effective natural stimulant to perk you up quickly.

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts

Best way to stay awake? Find something you love to do.

A new video game'll cure ya.

I ignore the need for sleep when I'm doing something obsessively. I'd imagine INFPs have certain things that they obsess over too-- NxP is just... Like that, I think.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Brush your teeth and keep your body moving. Drink water often and sit awkwardly to maintain discomfort and make it impossible for you to fall asleep. If you smoke or chew tobacco, do that. Get a lot of fresh air and sunshine to throw your bodies clock out of whack.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I think my bodyclock is more complicated than that, but thanks anyway. I have actually been considering buying a light therapy lamp for a while, so hopefully that will fix the long-term problem.
It's a well-established human biological function, but what do I know? There are google pages for this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts