Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I am a 4 with a strong 8 fix (485 tritype), to the point that I am not always sure of which is my core type. While both types share many similarities, they're pretty much contradictory (4 is withdrawed and can lack confidence in certain areas, 8 is dominant and direct). I can say my fix has an impact on my personnality since I am tougher, more aggressive and blunt than your typical 4.

Eights are self-confident, strong, and assertive. Protective, resourceful, straight-talking, and decisive, but can also be ego-centric and domineering. Eights feel they must control their environment, especially people, sometimes becoming confrontational and intimidating. Eights typically have problems with their tempers and with allowing themselves to be vulnerable. At their Best: self- mastering, they use their strength to improve others' lives, becoming heroic, magnanimous, and inspiring.

Basic Fear: Of being harmed or controlled by others
Basic Desire: To protect themselves (to be in control of their own life
and destiny)
In short, I can totally relate to this, even though I still think I am a 4. Here's my questions. As an 8, how does your 4 fix manifests? Do you sometimes go to withdrawal mode, lack confidence, do you feel in touch with your emotions? How much do you care about aesthetics and beauty? How much do you relate to the 4 description in general? Does your 4 fix has an impact on your love relationships and the way you deal with potential partners (since relationships often are 4's pet peeves)? Do you tend to sometimes focus on what's missing, rather than what you already have? Do you feel empathy?

Thank you.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
"fixes" don't work for me.

I degrade to 5. I grow towards 2.

·
Registered
593 Posts
INFJ 864.

Part of me thinks the 4-fix is a nuisance. Being attracted to strong emotions, the need to be seen as unique and different - they all somehow get in the way of 8, and I tend to downplay them. I get hints of envy as well, and occasionally feel I might be rejected just because of who I am/am not, but they get blocked out almost immediately so they're not a big deal.

Mostly I think the 4-fix is a good thing though. The self-awareness, the creativity, the understanding of meanings, relating to other people - all of them are extremely useful somehow. I am very self-conscious and creative for an 8, and all the other things mesh really well with being an INFJ and an 8.

I do like art and beautiful things as well.

·
Registered
137 Posts
INFJ 864.

Part of me thinks the 4-fix is a nuisance. Being attracted to strong emotions, the need to be seen as unique and different - they all somehow get in the way of 8, and I tend to downplay them. I get hints of envy as well, and occasionally feel I might be rejected just because of who I am/am not, but they get blocked out almost immediately so they're not a big deal.

Mostly I think the 4-fix is a good thing though. The self-awareness, the creativity, the understanding of meanings, relating to other people - all of them are extremely useful somehow. I am very self-conscious and creative for an 8, and all the other things mesh really well with being an INFJ and an 8.

I do like art and beautiful things as well.
854 ISTP and I can see the being attracted to strong emotions (not on a concious level though) as well as hints of envy which I surpress and it does makes me feel rejected. Haven't thought about it that way earlier actually, but it does makes sense. I always thought of it as some sort of betrayal in some sense. Weird.

Some people probably think I'm bipolar at times because when I'm up I lift up everyone around me and when someone fucks with me everyone seems to get miserable around me.

Intense as fuck as well.

Like to draw things, got a couple of tattoos and love music. Have a huge need to "get things out of me", which I put into creative things. It's like I build up this huge energy inside, which will destroy me if I don't release it at times.

If this is attributed to a 4 fix I like the highs, not so much the lows... I don't live a boring life that's for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts