Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel my view is best described by this quote:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.​
"Extraordinary" is a relative term, so something like the claim that the earth circles around the Sun was considered extraordinary 500 years ago, though not anymore. This goes for other claims.

·
Registered
544 Posts
"Extraordinary" is a relative term, so something like the claim that the earth circles around the Sun was considered extraordinary 500 years ago, though not anymore. This goes for other claims.
Except, eventually objective evidence supported the Earth going around the Sun theory. So far, there is not enough objective evidence to support profound psychic abilities in humans or animals. I must agree with @Tragic. Such a claim does need significant evidence to support its existence. I'm not saying it's impossible. I merely mean that it's improbable.

But if she feels these things happened to her, then they happened to her in her version of reality. So, while there's no objective evidence to support the existence of such abilities in the world at large...objective evidence doesn't mean anything according to your own perceptions (which is to say your personal reality). If you believe something happened to you, then as far as you're concerned, it happened to you. That doesn't mean I'll believe you when you tell me about something that disagrees with my notion of reality, though.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
That guy lost me on "the Nazi's won WWII". Perhaps he meant the power-elements behind the Nazi movement?

Anyway, our solar system is on a galactic traversal. It's on an ascension toward higher spiritual awareness within the galaxy.

This means more psychics and spiritual mediums with better and more accurate abilities. Thousands of years from now, it may be that we all use and develop these gifts that we already possess.

---------------

Keep in mind if she's psychic, it has nothing to do with being an INFJ. The psychic abilities of INFJ are just a misdescription of our innate ability to predict future outcomes without remembering the details that lead us to our conclusion.

Actual psychic abilities aren't confined to an MBTI type. I knew a psychic medium that made most professionals look bad, and she was a type that has no psychic abilities attributed to it.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Except, eventually objective evidence supported the Earth going around the Sun theory. So far, there is not enough objective evidence to support profound psychic abilities in humans or animals. I must agree with @Tragic. Such a claim does need significant evidence to support its existence. I'm not saying it's impossible. I merely mean that it's improbable.

But if she feels these things happened to her, then they happened to her in her version of reality. So, while there's no objective evidence to support the existence of such abilities in the world at large...objective evidence doesn't mean anything according to your own perceptions (which is to say your personal reality). If you believe something happened to you, then as far as you're concerned, it happened to you. That doesn't mean I'll believe you when you tell me about something that disagrees with my notion of reality, though.
You are right, because unless other people can verify your "psychic abilities", there is no "significant evidence" to support either way.

That guy lost me on "the Nazi's won WWII". Perhaps he meant the power-elements behind the Nazi movement?

Anyway, our solar system is on a galactic traversal. It's on an ascension toward higher spiritual awareness within the galaxy.

This means more psychics and spiritual mediums with better and more accurate abilities. Thousands of years from now, it may be that we all use and develop these gifts that we already possess.

---------------

Keep in mind if she's psychic, it has nothing to do with being an INFJ. The psychic abilities of INFJ are just a misdescription of our innate ability to predict future outcomes without remembering the details that lead us to our conclusion.

Actual psychic abilities aren't confined to an MBTI type. I knew a psychic medium that made most professionals look bad, and she was a type that has no psychic abilities attributed to it.
MBTI does not have to do with psychic abilities, though it is interesting to find these proclaimed psychics. One self-claimed psychic is an ENTP:

Where did you hear "Nazi's won WWII" in the Anya video? Also, who is the psychic you talked about?

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Where did you hear "Nazi's won WWII" in the Anya video?
He says it just after 4min.

Also, who is the psychic you talked about?
Now that I realize the government would abduct a psychic for psy-ops, I probably better not disclose in detail who the person was. It's a long-shot, but I wouldn't want to be responsible for anything. Though, I doubt their gift would be useful in that regard.

A lot of other gifts these psychics have, I wouldn't be surprised if they are obtained through nefarious methods... its' hard for me to say since I don't know them personally. The person I knew had a lineage gift that allowed her to fully see and communicate with the spiritual world, most importantly the spirits of the higher planes. Through such communication, a person can learn things of the future and the present they'd be unable to know through normal means. Yet I have a hunch the spirits would just give mis-information to anyone who tried to force her to use the gift for any specific purpose. The gift exists for a specific reason.

If I could find a person with a similar gift, it would probably be like Swedenborg's gift, though they never saw anyone incredibly important as he did (to my knowledge.) There was another lady on TV once, that I saw with the same gift. Was on the Today show, but I forget her name.

·
Registered
849 Posts
The James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF) is a non-profit organization founded in 1996 by magician and skeptic James Randi. The JREF's mission includes educating the public and the media on the dangers of accepting unproven claims, and to support research into paranormal claims in controlled scientific experimental conditions.
The organization offers a prize of one million U.S. dollars which it will pay out to anyone who can demonstrate a supernatural or paranormal ability under agreed-upon scientific testing criteria. The JREF also maintains a legal defense fund to assist persons who are attacked as a result of their investigations and criticism of people who make paranormal claims.
- Wikipedia quote

The million dollars has been on the table since the 60s (in the 60s it wasn't a foundation yet and the offer was $10k I believe) but the point is NOBODY has ben able to claim it. Very comforting thought. In the past I'd let my bladdar explode before I'd make the dark trip to the bathroom... because of demons or ghosts of course... but after researching this thoroughly I sleep better. The million dollars is on the table for psychics too.

When I watch psychics now as an adult I can't take them seriously. Try to be a psychic. I bet you could do it. I bet you'd suprise yourself.

You know how I'm sure psychics are BS? For fun we threw a Halloween party in '09 and our psychic didn't show up (her daughter was 9mos pregnant and having contractions). So I dressed up in a purple bed sheet and took a stab at it. It was all B.S. All educated guesses. I started out just pulling a tarrot card, reading the back, tailored it to them but still kept it somewhat generic, listened for cues in people's responses & built on them. My guests were geniunely creeped out by the spirits communicating me (that's the point - it was Halloween - I was pretending :)). Since then they've asked me to read them again, asked if the spirits were with me & even offered to pay for a longer session. And that is how I know psychics are B.S. You want me to read you? Ok. Sit down. I don't need your hand or a stack of cards or spirits. Ask me your question. Let's just have a normal conversation sans the trickery. The medium thing was fake people. It was fake!

If there's a "gift" it's a gift of perception.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts