Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes, I just have to let out some of that pent up Introverted energy. Every time I'm in the car, I'll have a CD to sing along to (usually the Red Hot Chili Peppers). I also have a habit of dancing along with my iPod (usually Justice or Daft Punk) in my room until I can't dance anymore.

Am I the only one, or is this a widespread INFP phenomenon?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I dance when I am alone from time to time. I talk while in the shower. I semi-sing along in the car. I listen to things that are a bit difficult to actually "sing along," so I hum and whatnot. For me, music stimulates my imagination, so I tend to start daydreaming and getting lost in my head/music.

So I suppose I do what you are asking to some extent :proud:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do it when people (friends) are watching :crazy:
Well, you may be more Extroverted than you think. Unfortunately, I'm usually terrified to sing/dance in front of other people.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yeah, I tend to sing everywhere or so my friends tell me. Apparently I sing and hum and don't notice it. I don't dance, though unless in the confines of my own room, and even then, not much.

Reactions: starflower

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Dude, I dance whenever there's music, I do not care where I am, and I do not care who's watching. If they don't want me to dance, then they'll have to turn the music off, or actually physically restrain me because at that point the music will still be in my head and I'll still be dancing!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For me, music stimulates my imagination
Oh, absolutely! It also stimulates my emotions. I'll frequently find myself tearing up just singing along to a song because I just get caught up in it.

Reactions: starflower

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dude, I dance whenever there's music, I do not care where I am, and I do not care who's watching. If they don't want me to dance, then they'll have to turn the music off, or actually physically restrain me because at that point the music will still be in my head and I'll still be dancing!
See, that's the attitude I WANT to adopt, but unfortunately my brain tells my body, "Nuh-uh! It's not going to happen." Hence, the problem.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
See, that's the attitude I WANT to adopt, but unfortunately my brain tells my body, "Nuh-uh! It's not going to happen." Hence, the problem.
INFP acting skillz.
Step 1: Assume the "character" of someone who wouldn't be self-conscious about dancing in public.
Step 2: Be amazed as you gradually stop acting and just start being that character.

I think INFPs can do anything if we make it a "pretend game", haha.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
INFP acting skillz.
Step 1: Assume the "character" of someone who wouldn't be self-conscious about dancing in public.
Step 2: Be amazed as you gradually stop acting and just start being that character.

I think INFPs can do anything if we make it a "pretend game", haha.

LOVE that idea! I'm good at pretending, so, it might work!

Reactions: rowingineden

·
Registered
49 Posts
our generation doesnt dance much hehe
If you like the chili peppers check out Sly and the Family stone "If you want me to stay"
see if you like the old-school funk
Chili peppers have a huge sly and the family influence, if i remember right "give it away" has a lyric like "confide with sly and be the wiser" right after "some thing somethin don't wanna be a miser" haha

·
Registered
509 Posts
I sing and dance no matter where I am, even if I'm in my tank tops and briefs. :D

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I love to sing. I spend most of my time in front of the computer singing. I also sing in the shower or when I'm doing chores. I have a terrible singing voice but I still love to imitate a singer's voice so much. I rarely sing in front of people, unless they are singing as well. The only person that hears me sing is my brother and he finds it extremely annoying XD.

Concerning dancing, I like to dance in the privacy of my own room/bathroom. Even then, I usually do it when I'm feeling happy about something.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts