·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There wasn't any of these on here.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I don't think there isn't a lot of 2002 babies who hang out here. Except for MessyJessie103.

·
Registered
720 Posts
if that's the case then I feel soooo old XD

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think soon there will be more people born in '02 here, I know next high school year they'll be entering into Grade 9. I'll be in senior year.

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts
They are thirteen years old???

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts
That is true. My nephew's birthday is January 5th. It means two delicious family celebrations in quick succession!

They could even be fourteen years old if they have a birthday in January.

Reactions: LynxLynx

·
Registered
264 Posts
haha really? It's only 8 years difference. But I see where you're coming from since there just entering high school. IDK might just be me but I don't think single digit year differences are big.
8 years is a very big difference in terms of childhood. Single digit differences might not sound big but cmon 8 years is 2 years shy of 10years...My sister is 8 years younger than me born in 2005 and there is no similarity in childhood or early adolescence at all.

·
Banned
402 Posts
8 years is a very big difference in terms of childhood. Single digit differences might not sound big but cmon 8 years is 2 years shy of 10years...My sister is 8 years younger than me born in 2005 and there is no similarity in childhood or early adolescence at all.
No, I agree with you that 8 years is a big difference in childhood or adolescence. That's because you don't interact with people beyond 3 years of your own age. But once you're finished high school, you enter the real world and that stuff barely matters. Honestly, speaking no one cares about this generational stuff.

Plus, if there was NO similarities at all than forming relationships as a friend or partner would be hard to do wouldn't it? It's pretty logical really. Overall, it's not big difference.

I made a poll a while ago on the gen Z board and most agreed that after 9 years is a large age difference while the second most voted was after 5 years. It would be safe to say that after a decade is a big age difference.

Let's take your example mathematically:

2005 vs. 1997

In 2016, the % difference is 42% between someone born in 2005 vs. 1997

In 2027, the % difference is 27% between someone born in 2005 vs. 1997.

Each year therefore, has a diminishing return on percentage difference, which we use as a term to quantify the difference in experience.

·
Registered
264 Posts
No, I agree with you that 8 years is a big difference in childhood or adolescence. That's because you don't interact with people beyond 3 years of your own age. But once you're finished high school, you enter the real world and that stuff barely matters. Honestly, speaking no one cares about this generational stuff.

Plus, if there was NO similarities at all than forming relationships as a friend or partner would be hard to do wouldn't it? It's pretty logical really. Overall, it's not big difference.

I made a poll a while ago on the gen Z board and most agreed that after 9 years is a large age difference while the second most voted was after 5 years. It would be safe to say that after a decade is a big age difference.

Let's take your example mathematically:

2005 vs. 1997

In 2016, the % difference is 42% between someone born in 2005 vs. 1997

In 2027, the % difference is 27% between someone born in 2005 vs. 1997.

Each year therefore, has a diminishing return on percentage difference, which we use as a term to quantify the difference in experience.
Yh trust me, I know age doesn't matter when making friends, as I can have a friend who was born in a developing country with completely different culture yet born in the same year. I was just saying 8 years is very significant.

·
Banned
402 Posts
Yh trust me, I know age doesn't matter when making friends, as I can have a friend who was born in a developing country with completely different culture yet born in the same year. I was just saying 8 years is very significant.
I don't get what your trying to say in your post. That overall 8 years is a very significant, or only when a child or adolescence? Are you talking about age or culture?

I agree, that 8 years is significant when growing up.

The only thing I was pointing out I was saying that overall 8 years is not significant. I also proved it mathematically. Numerically each year means less as you are older. Even biologically, the body of a 30 year old is not that different from a 38 year old, if other factors are controlled for, ex. diet, exercise, genetics, etc.

Plus, in what ways do you mean 8 years is significant? I understand the childhood portion and adolescence. But besides that how else?

·
Registered
720 Posts
haha really? It's only 8 years difference. But I see where you're coming from since there just entering high school. IDK might just be me but I don't think single digit year differences are big.

Could just be a brother thing . I remember my brother who was born in 2000. I saw him for the first time in the hospital at around 2 days old . Now he is in highschool almost 16 . Just weird ed out by it personally XD

·
Banned
402 Posts
Could just be a brother thing . I remember my brother who was born in 2000. I saw him for the first time in the hospital at around 2 days old . Now he is in highschool almost 16 . Just weird ed out by it personally XD
That's pretty understandable.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
For some reason, people born in 2002 seem really young to me. Even though I am only three years older than them, I still think of them as kids. :tongue:
and a lot of people our age and older still think of you and other people as high school "kids". They even call us college "kids" too. That's an understatement.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts