Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
No, I agree with you that 8 years is a big difference in childhood or adolescence. That's because you don't interact with people beyond 3 years of your own age. But once you're finished high school, you enter the real world and that stuff barely matters. Honestly, speaking no one cares about this generational stuff.

Plus, if there was NO similarities at all than forming relationships as a friend or partner would be hard to do wouldn't it? It's pretty logical really. Overall, it's not big difference.

I made a poll a while ago on the gen Z board and most agreed that after 9 years is a large age difference while the second most voted was after 5 years. It would be safe to say that after a decade is a big age difference.
Like you said, 8 years is really a difference in childhood and adolescence but that dosen't cause any restrictions to make friends. because nobody cares about age while making friends/relationship. i had some older friends when i was a little kid.

·
Banned
402 Posts
and a lot of people our age and older still think of you and other people as high school "kids". They even call us college "kids" too. That's an understatement.
Yea, I think it's that older people have this permanent image or representation of people younger than them, which makes them see those younger as kids. I guess it's the reason why people who are just 5-6 years older than us see us as kids, even though were way past that. Same way goes for how we see those younger than us. But in reality when everyone is past those stages (childhood and adolescence), 5-6 years or even 8 like I mentioned, really is not a big deal.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
2000 liner here.

2002 seems extremely young for this forum (look who's talking).
I don't consider 2000 to be young. I was born in 1999, so i'm around the same age as you. :tongue:

I think the reason why I consider people born in 2002 to be young, is that I can remember 2002 quite clearly and it just seems strange to me that people who were only kids not too long ago are now turning 14 this year! I suppose it's only natural and it's not really a big deal.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Someone born in 2002 pretty much still seems like an infant to me. I'm 15 years older than them, that is a big age difference between anybody really, but especially when you're comparing 13/14 to 28/29.

·
Banned
402 Posts
2002'er here
I feel very young compared to everyone on this forum aha.
Totally understandable. It shouldn't stop you from posting joining on any discussions. Give it some time anyways. When your in your early 20's, all 90's babies (the usually age group of this board) will be in there mid, late 20's or early 30's. Besides that, welcome to the generation subforum.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
2002'er here
I feel very young compared to everyone on this forum aha.
It won't be too much longer until people younger than you will be regularly posting on these forums. Just a few years ago, I use to feel the same way as you, but now there are people born in 2000 and 2001 who are actively participating online, so I don't feel that way anymore, haha. :tongue:

Anyway, welcome to the forums. :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Very interesting to be seeing 2000's born on here. We don't have that many yet due to most of them being under 13-14. But by 2019 I can see tons more 2000's born on here. Mainly those from 2000-2006 as they'd all be teens, but we could be seeing some kids on here as well.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Very interesting to be seeing 2000's born on here. We don't have that many yet due to most of them being under 13-14. But by 2019 I can see tons more 2000's born on here. Mainly those from 2000-2006 as they'd all be teens, but we could be seeing some kids on here as well.
Someone born in 2006-2007 is old enough to join here and start posting.
They are now near age 10. But in reality there is no such age limit, If they have a better understanding about things happening around the world. There is no wonder if an unborn child have a fb account. That kind of the world we all are living today.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was born in 2002! I only turned 14 about a month ago, and I'm not surprised there aren't many of us on here. Kids my age aren't usually interested in personality types or forums in general.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Mehh I kinda think 14 is a bit too young to get obsessed with mbti. I was like 17 when I got into it, I wouldnt have been able to comprehend this stuff at 14. I think my dad had us to take the tests when I was 12/13.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Mehh I kinda think 14 is a bit too young to get obsessed with mbti. I was like 17 when I got into it, I wouldnt have been able to comprehend this stuff at 14. I think my dad had us to take the tests when I was 12/13.
I think 14 is old enough for MBTI. Different people develop at different rates.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I think 14 is old enough for MBTI. Different people develop at different rates.
also at age of 14 I was still kinda new with internet and not wanting to go on unknown sites because of viruses and what not... nowadays kids go on really anything.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts