Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which generation do you find yourself to be more in touch with?

Do you identify yourself as Generation Y or Z?

:happy:

·
Registered
260 Posts
I was born in August 1995. I guess we're on the cusp, but I've always considered this birth year to be more Y than Z - but either way I'm not bothered. If I'm absolutely part of Gen Z, then I can lecture other members of this generation because I'm an elder and they should listen to my wise words (especially post-2000 babies).

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I was born in July 1995 and frankly which generation I'm supposed to be part of does not really matter to me, I didn't even know about those before joining PerC.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Born in March of 96 so I am sort of on the cusp as well. However I personally relate more with Gen Y than Gen Z. Especially since I didn't have much technology when I was growing up.

My 7 year old little cousin for instance is the perfect example of a Gen Z kid. He has his own iPad, Leapfrog, HD TV, Blu Ray Player, 3DS, & Wii U and not to mention tons of toys which most of them are electronic.

When I was his age all I had was a PS1, a CRT TV(with a built in VCR), and a Gameboy also most of my toys were not electronic. This is why I personally connect with Gen Y a little more but I do possess a few Gen Z traits.

·
Registered
532 Posts
According to latest reports, born from 82 to 97 (ages 33-18) are gen y. I think 90s babies (exccept 99) are gen y, and people born in late 70s and early 80s are gen x. According to PerC, the start dates of gen y(1977) and gen z(1995) is too early, coz this site is old.

·
Banned
25 Posts
According to latest reports, born from 82 to 97 (ages 33-18) are gen y. I think 90s babies (exccept 99) are gen y, and people born in late 70s and early 80s are gen x. According to PerC, the start dates of gen y(1977) and gen z(1995) is too early, coz this site is old.
Pew Research Center said Gen Y is 81-97, they might change it soon though.

·
Banned
25 Posts
On most other sites I've been on (notably Facebook), people born in 77-80 don't consider themselves Gen Y, they consider themselves X.

·
Banned
25 Posts
Born in March of 96 so I am sort of on the cusp as well. However I personally relate more with Gen Y than Gen Z. Especially since I didn't have much technology when I was growing up.

My 7 year old little cousin for instance is the perfect example of a Gen Z kid. He has his own iPad, Leapfrog, HD TV, Blu Ray Player, 3DS, & Wii U and not to mention tons of toys which most of them are electronic.

When I was his age all I had was a PS1, a CRT TV(with a built in VCR), and a Gameboy also most of my toys were not electronic. This is why I personally connect with Gen Y a little more but I do possess a few Gen Z traits.
Do you feel sorry for your brother like most nostalgists do, or do you think it's cool they're growing up with more advanced tech?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Do you feel sorry for your brother like most nostalgists do, or do you think it's cool they're growing up with more advanced tech?
I don't feel sorry for him I'm just stating the differences of what I used to do as a kid and what my little cousin does as a kid now. Sorry if it comes of as snobbish

·
Banned
25 Posts
I don't feel sorry for him I'm just stating the differences of what I used to do as a kid and what my little cousin does as a kid now. Sorry if it comes of as snobbish
You weren't being snobbish at all. But when many other people (mostly "90s kids") on the Internet compare their childhoods to that of their younger siblings, they're usually very elitist and arrogant.

·
Registered
532 Posts
On most other sites I've been on (notably Facebook), people born in 77-80 don't consider themselves Gen Y, they consider themselves X.
defenitely no. They aint gen y. They strongly influenced by 80s and 90s culture.. They didnt saw a colour LCD cellphone until they reach their 20s, they use smartphones in their late 20s or 30s. I know some people now in early 30s which their head burns when they use smartphones and facebook.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.