Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"While a lot of genres give themselves naturally to rapid writing -- mysteries, romances, fantasies come to mind -- literary fiction is by nature a more meticulous expression of meaning in which every given word carries a larger significance. To try and write a piece of literary fiction in 30 days is like trying to travel the world in 30 days -- you will end up taking such a brief look at everything you wanted to explore that while the trip may have been thrilling, it will also seem rather hollow."- Someone on the NaNoWriMo site
This isn't true, it's possible to write Literary Fiction for NaNoWriMo, I did it, I didn't finish on time but I did it. If you want to write Literary Fiction during NaNoWriMo go ahead I encourage you to do so and so does this user from the NaNoWriMo site.

"First off, to those tens of thousands of newbies this year who might read this post? Ignore it. Write to your hearts content. If you want to try and write a litfic novel then you go on right ahead. You've not only got my full support, you've got the full support of over a hundred thousand other WriMos out there, apparently, except for this person and a few more."
Remember the title of this blog, I gave it the title I did for a reason. It is possible to write Literary Fiction during NaNoWriMo and make it very good after NaNoWriMo has ended through editing and such. As a matter of fact I'm trying to do that right now and to those of you not writing Literary Fiction for NaNoWriMo don't listen to LitFic snobs who think the other genres aren't "as good" because "they're not as hard to write" or something like that. As Chef Auguste Gusteau said in the movie Ratatouille “You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from. Your only limit is your soul.”
For a moment let the part "where you come from" mean "what genre you write" and let the part "Your only limit is your soul" mean "Your only limits are the ones you create for yourself." The only limits you have are the ones you make for yourself if you tell yourself you won't be able to do something then chances are you probably won't be able to do something. Remember the title of this blog and one of the tags for this post "Anyone Can", I hope this helps you somehow.
Good luck to you all,
bookworm.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts