Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm adopted and have had a relationship with my biological mother my entire life. I always thought it made everything okay but I'm starting to realize it kind of confused me as a kid. I'm going to Colorado to spend Christmas with my biological mother and er family, AND my adoptive family.

I'm really nervous, mostly because I've never spent Christmas with each side. They all have a good relationship, I have a sister that was adopted too, and a half-brother and half-sister that my birthmother had after she was married.

Can anyone relate to any of that?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I can see why you'd be nervous, it sounds like quite the gathering! I imagine they'll be particularly welcoming with you and that will hopefully ease you into it :D.

I can't say I relate to your specific circumstances, but I truly hope you have an incredible Christmas together.

·
Registered
252 Posts
No but it sounds like you got the better end of the adoption spectrum. I lost my mother at an early age (pops later remarried), but I can't imagine being adopted and not knowing my rents.

Being adopted and having a viable relationship with them. That's quite a story.

First of all how old are you?
Do you feel you suffered from the arrangement or benefited from it in the long run?

What advice would you give yourself 5 years ago (or ten depending on your age)?

·
Banned
351 Posts
I can relate to a degree, because my dad is an anonymous sperm donor (so it truly is being half adopted...at least, for me it is).

I dont really have any useful advice to give you, but I hope you have a wonderful holiday :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I can't relate to that but I think it's awesome that you've held a relationship with your mother and I wish you a merry merry Christmas! Don't be nervous!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts