Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
Not ISTP, but as a Se-user, I really enjoy driving, particularly going 60+ on windy country roads. Driving is pretty much what I do to get away from the world.

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
Not ISTP, but as a Se-user, I really enjoy driving, particularly going 60+ on windy country roads. Driving is pretty much what I do to get away from the world.
I love doing that too. I don't like hot rodding/racing. That shit scares me. Though I do drive aggressively and tailgate.

I love driving the backroads at a good speed, particularly near the lake. The smell of summer, good music blasting. One of my favorite things to do.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i love it, that sounds relaxing. unfortunately for me i live in the midwest and there are not many winding roads where i live, but when i do find one i make sure to turn off the radio and enjoy the sounds my engine makes and and the incoming wind. driving is my favorite single most solitary thing i love to do.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha i don't drive aggressively anymore (too many speeding tickets) but when i'm out in the open with no cars around i don't mind down shifting and mashing on the gas. i love the adrenaline. i also like taking it easy as well when i want to relax. the type of music i am listening to also influences how i drive.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
AMEN! I get such a rush and thrill from twisties.... Ive raced a few super cars on an F1 track, and that was exhilarating... One of these days I plan to construct a track of my own to get away to from time to time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
holy crap build a track? that's out of my reach but i've seen ads in Motor Trend magazine about a speedway outside of las vegas that lets people track supercars like r8's, italias, gtr's, sls amg etc... it's pricey but i'll have to do that one of these summers with my buddies.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
holy crap build a track? that's out of my reach but i've seen ads in Motor Trend magazine about a speedway outside of las vegas that lets people track supercars like r8's, italias, gtr's, sls amg etc... it's pricey but i'll have to do that one of these summers with my buddies.
It is currently out of mine too. But I don't expect it to stay that way before i'm too old to drive. ;-) For now, I will have to make due with my oculus rift and Elite Dangerous.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes especially with my windows rolled down and some classic rock tunes playing. New England and upstate NY are fun to drive through with the winding roads, mountains, and rural areas.

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
AMEN! I get such a rush and thrill from twisties.... Ive raced a few super cars on an F1 track, and that was exhilarating... One of these days I plan to construct a track of my own to get away to from time to time.
I'm looking into purchasing a Jetta TDI when I get rid of my Passat, because apparently the TDI handles really well on roads and is incredibly fun to drive. The TDI is within my price range whereas other types of fun-to-drive cars are way too expensive for me.

Reactions: Apolo

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I'm looking into purchasing a Jetta TDI when I get rid of my Passat, because apparently the TDI handles really well on roads and is incredibly fun to drive. The TDI is within my price range whereas other types of fun-to-drive cars are way too expensive for me.
I looked at those recently and kind of like them. However, I am going with a Lexus IS250 for the speed, handling, and reliability, plus the plush interiors. I just have to convince myself that it is ok to pay insurance on two cars, when one gets driven far more than the other... Because my Jeep will turn into a weekend only vehicle, or just in case of emergency vehicle...

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
I looked at those recently and kind of like them. However, I am going with a Lexus IS250 for the speed, handling, and reliability, plus the plush interiors. I just have to convince myself that it is ok to pay insurance on two cars, when one gets driven far more than the other... Because my Jeep will turn into a weekend only vehicle, or just in case of emergency vehicle...
My boyfriend is using his deployment, hazard pay, etc., over the past few months to buy a Jag when he gets back next month. I told him he's crazy.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
My boyfriend is using his deployment, hazard pay, etc., over the past few months to buy a Jag when he gets back next month. I told him he's crazy.
As much as I would like to do that, I like putting money in savings more, and am opting for a 2006-2008 LExus.

Reactions: koalaroo

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
As much as I would like to do that, I like putting money in savings more, and am opting for a 2006-2008 LExus.
Yeah, I honestly think he should put it into savings, but I'm starting to think he's more ESTP than ENTP at this point. So, he's not totally future focused.

Reactions: Apolo

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
back in 2008 when i was looking for a sporty car i considered an 07 is250 but i ended up purchasing an 03 instead because of the inline 6 engine (easier to work on and more reliable). i've driven both, with a 6 speed manual the older version are much more fun to drive. my 03 was very balanced and relatively lightweight. i do prefer the looks of the new ones though. miss that car, very fun, reliable, and gas efficient.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Yeah I am going to assume my speeding ticket record supports my need for speed.

I got yelled at a week ago by a cop.

Scenario:
I am running late to get my daughters to the dentist because the school secretary didn't have them pulled out of class and ready. So I am speeding down the freeway. Cop pulls me over SCREAMING....
"Why were you going so fast, what the hell is wrong with you" (He actually yelled that at me like as if he was my dad)
I answered why. Then he says he was following me 2 miles with the lights on going 20 over the speeding limit. I said well I was just trying to get to where I was going .

The kicker after he screams at me he screams/asks this....
"Are you going to slow down or do you want a ticket."

I was so furious with his tone and approach, I did not answer I paused, in very very long thought considering whether to tell him to give me the fucking ticket. Lol til my daughter nudges me as he is asking me for an answer. He asks me a again we literally had a stare down. He tried to force me to say I would slow down, but after he spoke to me in that tone and used the ticket over my head as leverage I refused to answer.

I won the stare down and didn't answer as he kept demanding an answer and he informed me I am going to slow down. I was furious. Then I went on a rant to my kids about how cops that are on a power trip and think I owe them any sort of form of special treatment can kiss my ass. And even tho I avoided being insubordinate, I refused to oblige his ego I would rather have the fucking ticket.

Anyways I got a led foot problem. That cop tho was a little fucker. I told my kids I know he has a job to do. I get it. I would rather him just give me the fucking ticket then listen to a fucking bureaucrat scream at me as if they are the authority over me, hey fucker I pay my taxes. If you see it necessary give me the fucking ticket but don't dangle it over my head as leverage to be on a powertrip.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Hahahaha yeah. I especially used to like it in light traffic going 90+ while weaving between cars

Reactions: Sensational

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes. Not so much speed any more. But I still like the feel of quick acceleration and cornering.

I have moved to seeing how fast I can get my big rigs up to speed, or can I get to high range in the transmission before my tractor clears the intersection. High speed cornering is pretty fun too.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I have not had a ticket in over 7 years thankfully... But that is mainly because I turn on hyper awareness if I am going to speed... That and my military ID has helped the last 3 times I was pulled over for random things. One for having an anti gun control sticker on my car, he came up to the window with his weapon drawn. The other for speeding, and the other for 3RD break light being out...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts